Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things I have learned-round 4 v Collingwood

Tell us three things you have learned tonight.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned-round 4 v Collingwood

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Crozier is comfortably our best medium/tall defender. He's the new 2016 Easton Wood, takes hangers, intercept marks, smothers, tackles, runs hard all day.
    2. English played on the best ruck and acquitted himself well. Was never going to win the hit outs, but racked up some good marks and disposals numbers around the ground with a direct goal assist.
    3. 17th in the Comp for goal kicking accuracy is shitful. But we are consistent year in and year out with no signs things will change.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. Until we reign in our turnovers, we will never be the team we should
    2. until we capitalise better on the plethora of opportunities we create, we will never be the team we should.
    3. If Naughton can influence as a tall, regularly as a 2nd year tall, why do we give Schache a pass to be so timid?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tim English was outstanding for where he is in his career. A full game effort against the best ruck in the comp by far. Competed well in 3.5 qtrs, took marks, played well at ground level and competed admirably
    2. Bailey Smith is getting better each week. Still looks rushed when he has the footy but he’s slowly looking more composed and imposing himself more
    3. Bont is leading the brownlow at this stage of the year. Long year but outstanding to date

Post Thanks / Like

1. The forward 40 is just doing my head in . The entry and when it gets in.
    Just Fix it FFS ! Enough !
    2 . Apparently according to the experts on social media Bont is overrated! Just shows how many dimwits are on that forum
    3 . Brian Taylor is a complete idiot , but we already knew that

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton surprised me again. How good is he? He could be anything?

2. Crozier. Apologies for bagging you early last year. Just keeps getting better and that mark was out of this world and it was right in front of us.

3. We are dysfunctional across half forward. Shocking decision making. We need a genuine crumbing small forward.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We made out like bandits drafting Naughton and Smith where we did.
    2. There's not much Crozier can't do.
    3. I don't know who, but there NEEDS to be changes this week.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Crozier. I owe him an apology. I bagged him early on. But he is a Damn good player.
    2 The Bont has been our best player this year and he kept us in the game.
    3 We need to improve our delivery inside 50.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I learnt Bont is a gun but at the moment his flaw is his goal kicking, if he kicks the ones he is supposed to we win both games.
    2 He isn’t the only one missing easy goals.
    3 We have some very good players on the way up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    2. English played on the best ruck and acquitted himself well. Was never going to win the hit outs, but racked up some good marks and disposals numbers around the ground with a direct goal assist.
    Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1. Tim English was outstanding for where he is in his career. A full game effort against the best ruck in the comp by far. Competed well in 3.5 qtrs, took marks, played well at ground level and competed admirably
    It's good to see English getting some acknowledgement here. I thought he fought hard through what would've been a humiliating smashing in the hitouts, especially when your ideal position is the ruckman and your getting beaten time and tume again. English never dropped his head once and started to influence the game around the ground where he could. Grundy was awesome but with that much dominance in the hitouts his midfielders didn't have it all their way. Grundy had a 8 tackles which is outstanding for a ruckman but again to Tim's credit he had 6 tackles. English deserves credit where credit is due even when he was soundly defeated in the hitouts.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It's a game like that you can't afford not one passenger let alone two. I'm looking at you Schache and Gowers. Just something out of these two and we win.

2. Naughton's confidence is growing by the minute. He is going to be something really special and soon.

3. We are not that far off being a genuine top 8 contender, but until we get our conversation rate where it should be we will continue to come up short.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Dicko is effective in space and a beautiful kick but he's lost touch in close in pressure situations. Scrambled a number of opportunities to score throughout the match. Lippa needs to come in for him.

2. We are a top 8 team.

3. Bailey Smith moves like a young Brad Johnson out there.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

17. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's good to see English getting some acknowledgement here. I thought he fought hard through what would've been a humiliating smashing in the hitouts, especially when your ideal position is the ruckman and your getting beaten time and tume again. English never dropped his head once and started to influence the game around the ground where he could. Grundy was awesome but with that much dominance in the hitouts his midfielders didn't have it all their way. Grundy had a 8 tackles which is outstanding for a ruckman but again to Tim's credit he had 6 tackles. English deserves credit where credit is due even when he was soundly defeated in the hitouts.
    Agreed obviously Bevo wants him as another mid and not as a tap ruckman and he was that for us last night. Pleasing.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    If the rucks were swapped we win that game by 4 goals, but Tim did do well around the ground and had more marks
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff