Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    YES!! please
    I’m for that
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Alternatively we pin it as a reminder for all eternity that
    a) we're never so good as we might think and however high we climb a fall down the ladder is never far off if we're not vigilant
    b) we have had more humiliating losses in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's exactly where you need to rely on your technique. When you are fatigued or you are lacking confidence it can help just to have 3 or 4 things (walk back to the top of the mark and take a deep breath to relax yourself, walk in straight and hold the footy still in your hands, keep your head over the ball until it hits your foot and don't lift it until you have kicked through the ball) that you go through every time when you kick the footy. It's basically a routine that you default to.

Its the same as an out of form batsman relying on his technique to survive at the crease until the ball starts to hit the middle of his bat. You aren't going to make runs sitting in the pavilion but your technique (playing with a straight bat and keeping your head still) might just get you through a bad patch until you can start to make runs.
    Its what golfers do with swinging and putting. Its a routine they will go through to give themselves the best chance possible to hit the ball well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For all of our sanity can we please close this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    YES!! please
    You know there is an option to friendly ban people just from any specific thread if they don't like the content, send me a PM if it will assist
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Its what golfers do with swinging and putting. Its a routine they will go through to give themselves the best chance possible to hit the ball well.
    Indeed. The technique for both goalkicking and hitting a golfball are very similar. Keep you head over the ball and don't lift it until you have completed kicking it.

I see a lot of players walk in with their heads up looking at the goal. There is no way a golf coach would just stand by and let that fly and I am mystified at why football coaches allow it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Indeed. The technique for both goalkicking and hitting a golfball are very similar. Keep you head over the ball and don't lift it until you have completed kicking it.

I see a lot of players walk in with their heads up looking at the goal. There is no way a golf coach would just stand by and let that fly and I am mystified at why football coaches allow it.

Yep Lockett hunched forward and Peter Hudson seriously hunched forward when they were walking into goal. Both dead eye kicks for goal and played in some atrocious muddy conditions too.