Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Carlton (Marvel Stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So which is it?
    I guess we find out on Sunday... couldn’t be less confident if I tried.

Post Thanks / Like

This one's a dead set banana peel.

They've been publicly torched, again, we're getting cute at the selection table, again, and I sincerely have no idea what to expect from us on any given day, let alone how we'll line up, again.

Them by a kick
    BOG : the Bont
    First goal : JJ
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 85
    BOG Bont
    First goal Bont

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a worry on Sunday, it is a must win game, just like against the Gold Coast, and we have trouble winning games we should win, we cannot afford to lose this one.

Dogs by 11
    BOG Hunter
    First Goal Gowers

Post Thanks / Like

If we rate ourselves at all this year this game should be a formality. However I'm worried because how we played against Gold Coast. Complacency or Gold Coast are actually a good team, at this stage I'm leaning towards complacency. I hate playing any team with their backs against the wall and Carlton have copped it this week especially Bolton.

In saying that...

Dogs by 23
    First goal - Dickson (he'll kick 5)
    BOG - The Bont. (He loves to show Cripps he is better)
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I guess we find out on Sunday... couldn’t be less confident if I tried.
    You really don't rate our chances tomorrow? Despite the baffling selections I think we should be very confident that we will win. I'm not talking about selling the house and plunking it all down on a Bulldogs win but if we curb the influence of Cripps and a couple of others we should do well.

I've just been seeing enough positive signs in a few of the players that have me believing it will all click for us.

JJ could really be the spark plug for us tomorrow
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day Round 5, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Carlton (Marvel Stadium)

I’m expecting Cripps, curnow (best one), Simpson and McKay to have blinders tomorrow and it will be combating those 4 that will have a big say if we win.

Honestly, I have no hair left with scratching my head so much over MC decisions, and if Dunks rucks a brick may end up through the TV tomorrow.

I had a sick feeling the week leading up to the GC game, and the same jitters are here this week. Like a previous post mentioned, we tend to lose the ones we are expected to win.

I think the Carlton backline can stand up to our barrage of inside 50’s without scoreboard pressure and if they can get it down to curnow, McKay and the likes quickly, I think they will easily we able to out position their much smaller opponents.

I hope I’m proven wrong.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Dunks go head to head with Cripps, it would be a good battle and free up the Bont.

Mckay is a very good contested mark and we may have trouble if they kick it to him. Carlton's biggest issue is they haven't been able to kick goals, and haven't had a score over 100 for a long time. I know that is sort of our issue too, but we are the number one club to get the ball inside 50, we must convert these chances tomorrow.

Carlton are actually last with marks inside 50 whereas we are 7th based on 4 games compared to others above us all with 5 games except GWS.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With a small forward line, I wonder if we are still going to bomb in 70 entries into the forwardline with long, high kicks on the top of them and the taller Carlton defenders.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With a small forward line, I wonder if we are still going to bomb in 70 entries into the forwardline with long, high kicks on the top of them and the taller Carlton defenders.
    Naughtonnnnnnnnnnnnn
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Danger game tomorrow. I still think will do enough to win this one but will be close again. Would be nice to get a more comfortable win. Been involved in close ones so far this season. Must! Must! Take our chances when we get it into the forward line. If the defence is strong and we take our chances up forward will win.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Danger game for mine, we play like we did against GC and Carlton are every chance to beat us.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll go with that thread title. Good change woofers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

16. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Think we win this one by 10 goals - I'm away so won't be attending this week and we usually demolish sides when I miss, so happy Easter all.

BOG - Williams
    First goal - Dickson

18. Likes DOG GOD, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You really don't rate our chances tomorrow? Despite the baffling selections I think we should be very confident that we will win. I'm not talking about selling the house and plunking it all down on a Bulldogs win but if we curb the influence of Cripps and a couple of others we should do well.

I've just been seeing enough positive signs in a few of the players that have me believing it will all click for us.

JJ could really be the spark plug for us tomorrow
    I think we’re a decent chance given the opposition, but it’s very dependent on playing the game completely on our terms. The lack of height in the side is an extreme concern with only Naughton & Cordy as KPP’s, with Cordy more a 2nd or 3rd defender and Naughton only 20 odd games into his career.. Huge load to carry given Carlton have selected a reasonably tall team.

Bevo will either be ahead of the game picking a hybrid team or look a whole lot silly come 3.45pm.

20. Likes GVGjr liked this post