Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And you said we were tall enough and had enough ruckman over the draft and trade period didn't you? Under Bevo Cordy is a KPD. We could have swung Naughton back there but had to put him in the ruck.
    I wanted Trengove in and Lewis Young in. Yes we have enough ruckman. English had more hitouts today than anyone else on the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn’t able to get there today, or even view it on tv, but it doesn’t take away the pain of what was obviously one of our worst performances over the past 10 years. We didn’t expect to be a top four side in 2019, but we did hope for improvement, and further development of a young list.

Let’s criticise and discuss the issues since 2016 - the coaching, the selections, the skill development, the game plan, the players buy in, our culture even, if we are prepared to slip so quickly back to mediocrity. I believe Bevo needs more support and voices around him, and maybe he’s lost that balance between dare and creativity compared to hubris and stubbornness.

But that premiership was not a fluke. We all saw what those blokes achieved and how we achieved it. The fact that we’ve been so poor since then demands a question why, and some difficult and painful questions have to be asked. But trashing what we did in 2016 won’t get us those answers.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wanted Trengove in and Lewis Young in. Yes we have enough ruckman. English had more hitouts today than anyone else on the ground.
    Who helped him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I wasn’t able to get there today, or even view it on tv, but it doesn’t take away the pain of what was obviously one of our worst performances over the past 10 years. We didn’t expect to be a top four side in 2019, but we did hope for improvement, and further development of a young list.

Let’s criticise and discuss the issues since 2016 - the coaching, the selections, the skill development, the game plan, the players buy in, our culture even, if we are prepared to slip so quickly back to mediocrity. I believe Bevo needs more support and voices around him, and maybe he’s lost that balance between dare and creativity compared to hubris and stubbornness.

But that premiership was not a fluke. We all saw what those blokes achieved and how we achieved it. The fact that we’ve been so poor since then demands a question why, and some difficult and painful questions have to be asked. But trashing what we did in 2016 won’t get us those answers.
    No surprise saints are looking a different team since Rattens appointment. That’s why I wanted him badly to help Bevo.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer is not a once in a generation player, The Bont is. Stringer averages 12 dispoals a game, whoopee do.

I am not covering for anyone, I thought the MC erred this week, but you need to watch the game and see where we lost it.

I can't agree on list management being pathetic, but I don't want to argue either because it is tiresome - so we agree to disagree.
    You seem to sweep a lot of the issues we’ve had over the last 3 years under the carpet and don’t want Beveridge and co to cop any heat for it. How can we go from a Premiership to this and there not be ANY consequences for the men responsible for leading and directing the club?

We will agree to disagree but I’m amazed that you refuse to ask the question of those at the helm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Who helped him?
    I agree with you, we needed Jackson today.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you guys see the Walsh v Smith battle. Walsh had more of it but considering we were getting a belting in the midfield I thought honours were about even. Very happy with Smith's recruitment at 7.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, we needed Jackson today.
    That is is the issue. Everyone from the outside knew we went in undersized. What on earth does our coach and MC see that no one else does. This game has been around for so long and it's still pretty traditional in terms of cattle on the park and positions. We're not in a position to be cute anymore.

10. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    You seem to sweep a lot of the issues we’ve had over the last 3 years under the carpet and don’t want Beveridge and co to cop any heat for it. How can we go from a Premiership to this and there not be ANY consequences for the men responsible for leading and directing the club?

We will agree to disagree but I’m amazed that you refuse to ask the question of those at the helm.
    I can go all emotional and carry on about our losses, but 5 games in I am not ready to sack the coach.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Peter Rhodesque
    Looked like Royce Hart was back.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two things. Carlton have been in all 5 games this season and are far from the worst team in the comp this year. Ditto Gold Coast from 2 weeks ago. These aren't embarrassing losses in 2019

Also we are nowhere near as good as we think we are. We have a very strong midfield group but massive holes everywhere else. So when the opposition bring the midfield heat like Carlton did to us today (42 clearances to 26 is a smashing) we are horribly exposed both in defence and in attack. If Bevo and the MC can't unlock the secret to our structural woes and inefficiencies in delivery and transition, he/they will eventually get sacked. The goodwill of 2016 is not an infinite resource.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes GVGjr, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just gutted after that performance. Certainly not in that game today. Our pressure when they went forward was pretty much non existent and our forward pressure not good enough. We cannot kick for s**t. How many times have we said we need to fix this but we haven't. Our disposal efficiency would have to be the worst in the competition has to be fixed.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

That was the most rubbish performance I’ve seen us dish up in a long time.

Or

It was the best Melbourne international comedy festival show I’ve ever seen.

What a crap day at the footy. Thanks bulldogs, thanks a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How did you guys see the Walsh v Smith battle. Walsh had more of it but considering we were getting a belting in the midfield I thought honours were about even. Very happy with Smith's recruitment at 7.
    Both guns in the making. Both sides should be very satisfied.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Held his own in a slaughtered midfield. A little more strength and endurance and he will be a good player indeed.
    I will never see #16 the same!!