Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A lot on interesting reading ahead for you. Keep an eye out for footnote 1,091 ahead. I think it's arguably the most important part in either volume, or so I reckon.

But back to footy. I'm usually over bad losses, or great wins (pre-lim win and premierships aside) a day later. This is different this loss. I'm just so frustrated, embarrassed and other adjectives still.
    Same BT. I turned fox footy on this morning and a replay was on for our game. 10 mins into the 2nd qtr. I quickly turned it off. 5 seconds was enough to bring back the murderous disappointment I felt yesterday at 4:30pm. Just deflated, and I haven’t even got to work tomorrow, which will bring an abundance of absuse/sledging I’m sure...although I did pre worn them last Friday, that I didn’t expect a win.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The prospect of a trip west this week off the back of yesterday's tripe makes it even worse...

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    The prospect of a trip west this week off the back of yesterday's tripe makes it even worse...
    Yeah - nah.

In 1991 we finished 10th. We were TERRIBLE and I was not looking forward to the 1992 season.

In round 1 1992, we went to Adelaide and won. The travel galvanised us and the team had a great season (though a BS finals exit - the first of a few in the years to follow). This trip to Optus is a big chance for the group to do a bit of soul searching, spend some time together and bring EFFORT.

For me at least, there should be no talk about winning (of course, there should be no talk about losing either). Every single thing that is said should be related to the effort we will bring and what the spectators in the crowd will be seeing when we play at our best. I am thinking they will see a swarm of RWB around the footy, hard tackling and first option handball. And if Freo win the ball, they will see RWB players desperately pushing to get goal-side of their opponent.

This is a BIG opportunity to reset and probably one we don't deserve.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah - nah.

In 1991 we finished 10th. We were TERRIBLE and I was not looking forward to the 1992 season.

In round 1 1992, we went to Adelaide and won. The travel galvanised us and the team had a great season (though a BS finals exit - the first of a few in the years to follow). This trip to Optus is a big chance for the group to do a bit of soul searching, spend some time together and bring EFFORT.

For me at least, there should be no talk about winning (of course, there should be no talk about losing either). Every single thing that is said should be related to the effort we will bring and what the spectators in the crowd will be seeing when we play at our best. I am thinking they will see a swarm of RWB around the footy, hard tackling and first option handball. And if Freo win the ball, they will see RWB players desperately pushing to get goal-side of their opponent.

I am loving your rational and evidence based positivity Mike. Its exactly what I need right now.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I am loving your rational and evidence based positivity Mike. Its exactly what I need right now.
    Ditto
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - nah.

Yeah nah I'm not buying it.
    Freo will smash us and it won't be pretty.
    We have lost confidence and we are not playing for each other and it shows through soft half-hearted efforts.
    If it wasn't for the Dees we'd be the new Carlton.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 22-04-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah nah this is the guy that said we'll beat Collingwood. I'm not buying it.
    Freo will smash us and it won't be pretty.
    We have lost confidence and we are not playing for each other and it shows through soft half-hearted efforts.
    If it wasn't for the Dees we'd be the new Carlton.
    I guess we should just give up then. Take the weekend off.
    Such a crap attitude...look ahead and fight.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cede Nullis
    Need to live up to our motto on Saturday night
    Go Dogs! I’m not going anywhere. This is what it is all about being a supporter the highs (the premiership) the lows (what we experienced yesterday).
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing some on here weren’t around In the 80’s or even the 70’s 60’s .
    They’d have locked the doors and handed in the keys

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll do what we can but we seem a way off a cohesive unit. I hope we do fight it out but our hearts just don't seem like their in it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I was it makes now all the more frustrating. Enough FFS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Before my time. Yeah I have heard they were tough years for sure. We were playing at Western Oval back then but we probably didnt have a lot of great moments. Imagine having WOOF around in that dark period in the early 80s. Financially back then we weren't very strong either something that is much better today.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Not much we can do to influence the result. If they show us something this weekend I'm sure we'll all turn our attitudes around but the onus is well and truly on them now

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - nah.

Were you at the WACA for that Friday night game in 1991 when Sumich kicked 7 goals in a qtr and 13 for the match on Paul Gow, and we were humiliated by 20 goals in Noah's Ark conditions? Good times.

God I loved the 1992 season, especially beating the Saints 3 times. My 2nd favourite year behind 2016. Dammit, thinking about Del Re kicking 72 goals for the season has got me fired up for this week!
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Were you at the WACA for that Friday night game in 1991 when Sumich kicked 7 goals in a qtr and 13 for the match on Paul Gow, and we were humiliated by 20 goals in Noah's Ark conditions? Good times.

God I loved the 1992 season, especially beating the Saints 3 times. My 2nd favourite year behind 2016. Dammit, thinking about Del Re kicking 72 goals for the season has got me fired up for this week!
    Loved Danny, strong as an ox and could take a strong mark.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.