Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood Spin

Did anyone hear Eddie get off the plane from Dubai and say how nobody could say anymore how Collingwood dont travel.

A media master at work putting his spin on things, ignoring the fact that the criticism has always been that they get soft draws during the proper season (the only thing that counts), which enables them to finish higher on the ladder than they would otherwise earn.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collingwood Spin

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Did anyone hear Eddie get off the plane from Dubai and say how nobody could say anymore how Collingwood dont travel.

A media master at work putting his spin on things, ignoring the fact that the criticism has always been that they get soft draws during the proper season (the only thing that counts), which enables them to finish higher on the ladder than they would otherwise earn.
    I think you'll find it was a bit tongue in cheek.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I think you'll find it was a bit tongue in cheek.
    He seemed very serious and straight faced whilst saying it

Do you think he was just winding people up?

Post Thanks / Like

It was not tongue in cheek. He also forgot to mention how nice the AFL was to them scheduling a game in the middle of nowhere so it was in front of one their major sponsors.
    ICC look after India but the AFL looks after Collingwood too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    It was not tongue in cheek. He also forgot to mention how nice the AFL was to them scheduling a game in the middle of nowhere so it was in front of one their major sponsors.
    ICC look after India but the AFL looks after Collingwood too.
    Well if it makes them money....

If we created more money than them you would find we would be treated the way they are now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

If we created more money than them you would find we would be treated the way they are now
    Money makes money, we have little opportunity to grow if a only few clubs get all the blockbuster dates, don't have to play on mothers day and alike dates, always get the high watched TV days and then have a high profile media personality always giving them a positive spin.

Post Thanks / Like

It hasn't always been that way for collingwood though has it? I mean when Eddie took over the club was in a slump and he has turned things around. Just goes to show it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

that money creation logic means that because we make less money than them we get less opportunities to create money - how are we meant to change that if we dont get the opportunities to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

that money creation logic means that because we make less money than them we get less opportunities to create money - how are we meant to change that if we dont get the opportunities to do it?
    Be different, innovative and, most importantly, enjoy on-field success. We may have a large fan base but they haven't come out to play as we are the only team to not make a prelim since 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

During 2006 our performances were exciting and won us a number of Friday night games during the 2007 season, including 3 in a row leading into the finals.

Unfortunately, by the time the third game came around, I was dreading the walk from Southbank up Spencer St to the Dome - and I suspect tv viewers were finding something else to do. Basically, we blew it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    During 2006 our performances were exciting and won us a number of Friday night games during the 2007 season, including 3 in a row leading into the finals.

Unfortunately, by the time the third game came around, I was dreading the walk from Southbank up Spencer St to the Dome - and I suspect tv viewers were finding something else to do. Basically, we blew it.
    We did blow it. We are back to 2005, fighting for attention. Hawthorn have probably filled our shoes as the team with most new hype around them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shorty View Post
    We did blow it. We are back to 2005, fighting for attention. Hawthorn have probably filled our shoes as the team with most new hype around them.
    and hopefully they follow our lead in terms of our performance last year as well.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Its a fair call, and I had to talk a few of my family members into not leaving early on successive weeks during those disgraceful performances

The script did not go to plan - we should have been flying into top form and ready to tackle competition pacesetters Geelong and West Coast. Thankfully I forgot to set the video on those nights and have not endured the

Nonetheless I dont like the way the AFL panders to the big clubs. Those big clubs need the smaller clubs whether they are aware of it or not