Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned R5 vs Carlton

Lachi Hunters attempts at tackling are hard as a jellyfish. If we are applying standards to Schache its puzzling why Hunter isn't held.to acccount. Well it would be puzzling if it wasn't clewr.thwt Lachie is a.favourite of tbe coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red White Blue View Post
    Lachi Hunters attempts at tackling are hard as a jellyfish. If we are applying standards to Schache its puzzling why Hunter isn't held.to acccount. Well it would be puzzling if it wasn't clewr.thwt Lachie is a.favourite of tbe coach.
    So.

1/. I have said elsewhere I would have made an 'example' of Hunter, Macrae or Libba after last week as I didn't think their efforts were acceptable,

BUT.

2/. As a young player, Hunter was definitely in and out of the side pretty regularly (9, 14 and 13 games in his first 3x years). I don't think this is playing favorites as much as showing faith in one of the senior players/reigning B&F to turn it around.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

For virtually the first time in his career, Hunter was sat on and had direct defensive work put into him last week - suffice to say he didn't cope well at all.

Looking forward to a much stronger effort from him this week. Workrate isn't an issue for him - he is an elite runner - but he does need to find a way to deal with the opposition shutting down his time and space as Carlton did to him last week.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So.

1/. I have said elsewhere I would have made an 'example' of Hunter, Macrae or Libba after last week as I didn't think their efforts were acceptable,

BUT.

2/. As a young player, Hunter was definitely in and out of the side pretty regularly (9, 14 and 13 games in his first 3x years). I don't think this is playing favorites as much as showing faith in one of the senior players/reigning B&F to turn it around.
    Dont quite get your point. MCCartney was Hunters coach for his first two yrs. Bev clearly loves Lachie. You dont pretty much not get dropped for three yrs and be the reigning b n f unless the coach loves ya.

Harsh to drop Libba when he was played out of position when the game was hot and given form. Hunter though is a repeat non tackling offender.