Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned R5 vs Carlton

1. Our MC have no idea. What would make them pick 2 first gamers who on form did not deserve to be picked.
    2. Gowers has the football IQ of a peanut
    3. Bevo is so stubborn. Lost it at selection. These guys need to be accountable. Surprised his skating mate Roarke Smith didnt get a game.
    4. Playing Libba and Macrae in the forward line for long stints. Spare me.
    5. McLean was one of our best mids last year so we will play him forward now.
    6. Everyone except the MC can see that Dickson is cooked and was last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    1. Our MC have no idea. What would make them pick 2 first gamers who on form did not deserve to be picked.
    2. Gowers has the football IQ of a peanut
    3. Bevo is so stubborn. Lost it at selection. These guys need to be accountable. Surprised his skating mate Roarke Smith didnt get a game.
    4. Playing Libba and Macrae in the forward line for long stints. Spare me.
    5. McLean was one of our best mids last year so we will play him forward now.
    6. Everyone except the MC can see that Dickson is cooked and was last year.
    I learnt you can't count.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Who said getting rid of Stringer, Dahl, Roughy would fix our issues

2. Who has stopped the handball club. I thought it might be the conditioning people so the players don’t need to run

3. Bevo this is all your fault, you turned over the list, you got ahead of yourself and wanted to play everyone out of their best position, you got a big head and dint want to talk with the media. Then make a war of it. Hope you know what coming.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

1. A wooden spoon awaits.
    2. A sacking awaits.
    3. Faecal matter has hit the fan.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The stubbornness and arrogance of the team picked ! Enough !!!
    2. The lack of any action on the poor performing forward half over the last couple of years. Bevo has constantly talked of growth within our stocks , but it isn’t happening
    3. The sameness of the coaching group ! Why ?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bevo deserves heat to be turned up on him. He is not performing.

2. We are where I thought we would be with 2 wins and 3 losses at this stage of the season. Although I thought our wins would be against Gold Coast and Carlton. That being said we are going worse than what I expected before round 1.

3. Carlton showed is how field kicking needs to be executed.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned 5R vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you think there is something to celebrate let me know.

It's been three days and I'm struggling to come up with anything.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The coach became delusional after the 2016 flag, and needs to find some humility. Stop trying to be 'ahead of the game' - and focus on what's in front of you, what we can all see. The stubborness of not respecting the ruck role. The stubborness sticking to this 'flexibility mantra'. The arrogance to pick 2 first gamers - when we don't have many injuries and are in obvious need to some strength, height and experience in the team - is ridiculous. Trengove can play in all three areas of the ground - surely he meets the criteria - and could have either a) competed in the ruck. b) competed on the array of monsters carlton had forward or c) been a target up forward instead of us being optionless and outmarked. Schache has been told he won't get picked again until he competes more. Surely if he is dropped, he gets replaced with a strong experienced player who can do just that.

2. Bevo may well be on the way to killing Dunkley as a footballer. Playing him as a second ruck/sometimes forward/sometime mid. The kid doesn't know where he's at.

3. The way the game is going, centre clearances are extremely important - so you need to have your best group in there as much as possible. Tom Libba should not be on a half forward line for any centre bounces, and Bont should be in as many as possible. Gowers, Williams and Smith were inside plenty of times on the weekend, and I just don't understand it.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen brother Ozza.

I struggle to understand that on Schache. He probably would be competing if midfielders were skilled enough to kick the ball to him on the full and/or to advantage. He was poor, sure, but against Hawthorn he kicked three goals in the last quarter to propel us to that win. Will others stayed in and will probably stay in (ie Gowers).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting we're prepared to have patience with English, Richards, Gowers and the trials and tribulations of first-gamers, but not the bloke we're trying to groom as our primary forward target for the next decade.

No matter Schache showed some good signs in the previous handful of games, one (admittedly) putrid game and YOU'RE OUT SON we'll play literally anyone else up forward and screw our structures in the process but YOU.

Imagine we applied that attitude with others.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's interesting we're prepared to have patience with English, Richards, Gowers and the trials and tribulations of first-gamers, but not the bloke we're trying to groom as our primary forward target for the next decade.

No matter Schache showed some good signs in the previous handful of games, one (admittedly) putrid game and YOU'RE OUT SON we'll play literally anyone else up forward and screw our structures in the process but YOU.

Schache needs to watch how Naughton attacks the ball. Against Collingwood, he looked timid, and 4 disposals just isn't good enough. He was also pretty bad against GC, so two ordinary games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's patience and there's standards. We don't want to groom him to know half hearted attacks on the ball are OK
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Schache needs to watch how Naughton attacks the ball. Against Collingwood, he looked timid, and 4 disposals just isn't good enough. He was also pretty bad against GC, so two ordinary games.
    Young players, particularly tall forwards, are invariably inconsistent. The Collingwood game was an awful night to be a forward with the way both teams held onto the football and chipped around. Hard for a young forward in particular, to know how to work their way into the game when it is played like that. Naughton's skill set is different to Schache.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Schache's endeavour and appetite for the contest is evidently a work in progress whereas Naughton's a much hungrier beast altogether, unusually so for a 2nd year KPP, but they're apples and oranges aside from being 'tall'.

Also yes re: standards, but again we seem to have more than one set of rules. Heya Lachie Hunter.

It also occurs there couldn't be a worse team in the league for a confidence-challenged young key forward to apprentice in.

Given our likely ladder finish this year we may as well let Schache stink it up occasionally in the ones while we do our best to accelerate his learning curve alongside the blokes he'll be playing with. Unless of course he makes way for Boyd as a substitute until the coaches are happier with Schache's development. But that's the stuff of fantasy and assumes (1) Boyd resumes game-readiness and (2) we won't turn him into a full back.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Schache's endeavour and appetite for the contest is evidently a work in progress whereas Naughton's a much hungrier beast altogether, unusually so for a 2nd year KPP, but they're apples and oranges aside from being 'tall'.

Also yes re: standards, but again we seem to have more than one set of rules. Heya Lachie Hunter.

It also occurs there couldn't be a worse team in the league for a confidence-challenged young key forward to apprentice in.

Given our likely ladder finish this year we may as well let Schache stink it up occasionally in the ones while we do our best to accelerate his learning curve alongside the blokes he'll be playing with. Unless of course he makes way for Boyd as a substitute until the coaches are happier with Schache's development. But that's the stuff of fantasy and assumes (1) Boyd resumes game-readiness and (2) we won't turn him into a full back.
    Well it worked for Jones so who the hell knows. Maybe it'll be a masterstroke and we'll all hail Bevo as a genius again