I'm hoping for a straight down the line discussion on development. It's not a positive or negative framework, but is the current individual development plans working?

That's to say, I'm starting to get concerned about a few things:

- Boyd wasn't given long enough as a forward to me. Certainly a lot less time than others in the comp to grow into the role. Since rucking, his very good goal kicking has slipped and injuries are up.

- Schache. See above. He can kick 3 goals in probably the best 14 minutes of football that this club hs ever played but gets no credits in the bank to play through poor games. Others do.

- McLean. His move into the midfield last year was one of the best stories of the year. Now he's rotating around high half forward, occasionally higher, and not impacting games like he did last year. I'm not sure why.

- Dunkley. His form at the end of last year as an inside midfielder was another great story. As was the flow on form Bontempelli had. Now he's spending a lot of time forward, like early last year, and missing simple set shots. Why are we regressing him? And now we are back to rucking him.

- Cordy. He's been slowly developing into a very good defender, but he's not a week in, week out, gorilla tamer. If he continues to get beaten I fear for his confidence since Roberts is on the list 'in name only'. What are we doing?

- English. Solo ruckman. There's no Trengove, despite form, to wear the rucks down to help out Tim. Is this the best development for him?

- Lewis Young. Has very good raw talent. Basically spent the year in the VFL, I thought he was OK, but was dropped.

- Williams. I don't really know what the plan is with him.

- Webb. Started his career with a bang with that left leg cannon rebounding off half back. Then he's shoved into the VFL to be an inside mid. Then when he demands promotion, he was playing a lot of forward flank at AFEL level. I'm confused what's going on, and I'd guess he's confused too.

- Bontempelli. Playing great footy, but how does he go from a near dead certainty shooting for goal, to 1.9 plus complete misses. With so much apparent effort to increase goal kicking skills cross the board, how is Bonts going under 10% accuracy.

- Wood. He climbed the mountain in 2016 as captain on GF day. But has seemingly fallen down the mountain in painful fashion since.

- This one is more of a question. Naughton. He's played 7 games as a forward for 8 goals, 6 behinds. He's a beast of a contested mark. But can we pick an end of the ground to put him, and we've been crying out for a KPD who can intercept mark. Yet he's left forward. The scores from turnovers need him and his skill set. I still think he's shown more as a KPD.

Generally, the skill level hasn't developed or improved. Obviously 18th for goal accuracy speaks for itself.

With so many full time professional coaches and more resources than ever before... Why?