Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What I want to see Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We've played at Perth/Optus/Whatever it's called Stadium twice and lost by 54 points each time. Scored 54 and 46 points for.

An increase in points for and a decrease in the margin tomorrow would be a good start.

Anyone want to take a guess at how many games it will be before we win at this god forsaken ground?
    I wouldn’t be suprised if we go at less than 10% at that venue and don’t win one for years.

We should do better at this ground than Subi (with it’s long, skinny dimensions) given that it is almost identical to Marvel.

One big problem is that part of the recipe for doing well seems to be do silence the crowd early (see Port last weekend) and we are horrible starters that like to give teams head starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I wouldn’t be suprised if we go at less than 10% at that venue and don’t win one for years.

We should do better at this ground than Subi (with it’s long, skinny dimensions) given that it is almost identical to Marvel.

One big problem is that part of the recipe for doing well seems to be do silence the crowd early (see Port last weekend) and we are horrible starters that like to give teams head starts.
    Good point. Another thing I would like to see is us kick the first goal for the first time this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we not get jumped in the first quarter pretty please? Maybe switch on from the opening bounce?

I know I'm being greedy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We've played at Perth/Optus/Whatever it's called Stadium twice and lost by 54 points each time. Scored 54 and 46 points for.

An increase in points for and a decrease in the margin tomorrow would be a good start.

Anyone want to take a guess at how many games it will be before we win at this god forsaken ground?
    Our next elimination final
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to see us kick the first goal or at least be switched on when the umpire bounces the ball.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to see us kick a goal in the first 10 mins of each qtr.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just want a win-that’s all I ask! (calling up my inner Alan Patridge)

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see common sense selections.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I want to see common sense selections.
    Bit late
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see a good disciplined team effort. Players running putting pressure and running on the spread.

Hopefully there is a sound game plan in place and the coaches coach well. Not letting the game slip away with stubborn positional moves.

Our midfield is a quality midfield that can beat Freo's imo. We just need to put enough pressure that Freo don't get to much clean ball to their forwards putting our defense under the pump. If they get on top in the middle their forwards will be hard to stop.

Us going forward is anyone's guess how it will pan out. We just have to kick straight and take our chances if we are any chance of winning obviously.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.