Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 18 of 141 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Not sold on extending Dale at all. Let alone 2 years
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

A bit frustrating to see the likes of Dale & Williams on that list because we can't turn them into regular senior footballers, particularly when we're fanging for some run and carry.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    A bit frustrating to see the likes of Dale & Williams on that list because we can't turn them into regular senior footballers, particularly when we're fanging for some run and carry.
    Bailey Williams I still see as being able to contribute.
    Dale I'm not sure on anymore. He looked terrible at senior level this year and forwards who can't provide forward pressure just don't get picked anymore.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I held hope over the pre-season, I think he might be a year or two away from that yet. He may end up back behind the ball depending on how our list changes play out too, we don't have anyone that looks set to take over from JJ.
    It’s not like JJ is 30+ (27 this year) so we have time on our side in that regard. And Vandermeer was drafted as the line breaking HB wasn’t he?

Post Thanks / Like

Dale I'm not sure on anymore. He looked terrible at senior level this year and forwards who can't provide forward pressure just don't get picked anymore.
    Yes Dale seems utterly lost and aeons away from that flying 2017 purple patch we somehow managed to extract from him. Pity because we're dying for a dose of the same about now.

Agreed, Wiliams' case is less dire but the signs have been less than reassuring to date this year.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

As supporters we have over rated them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Warren Tredrea has mentioned Fogarty and suggested if he doesn’t get a gig now that Jenkins is injured that he should be walking out the door. He has clearly fallen behind Himmelberg in calculations, so I think he is spot on.

Get on the phone Sam.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 27-06-2019 at 05:41 PM.

8. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Warren Tredrea has mentioned Fogarty and suggested if he doesn’t get a gig now that Jenkins injured that he should be walking outt the door. He has clearly fallen behind Himmelberg in calculations, so I think he is spot on.

Get on the phone Sam.
    Yes, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Warren Tredrea has mentioned Fogarty and suggested if he doesn’t get a gig now that Jenkins injured that he should be walking outt the door. He has clearly fallen behind Himmelberg in calculations, so I think he is spot on.

Get on the phone Sam.
    Yes. In a heartbeat, yes.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get on the phone Sam.
    Tom Lynch is out as well and this week the Crows are handing a debut to Ben Davis (who?) to play the Lynch role. Surely Fogarty is looking elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    As supporters we have over rated them
    Are you pretty confident that explains it?

Both have shown enough, albeit sparingly perhaps, to warrant some enthusiasm, surely.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tom Lynch is out as well and this week the Crows are handing a debut to Ben Davis (who?) to play the Lynch role. Surely Fogarty is looking elsewhere.
    Yeah I just heard that and started rubbing my hands together. SURELY we would be into Fogarty.

Apparently their forwardline will average 60 games experience this weekend, which doesn’t sound significant until you consider it has got Walker and Betts in that mix. Fogarty must be pissed that he has been overlooked.

Williams and our first for Fogarty and McHenry?

Post Thanks / Like

Both have shown enough, albeit sparingly perhaps, to warrant some enthusiasm, surely.
    My opinion.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of both. Both decent size and quality users of the football. I was really pleased with Williams' game last week and would like to see more of him going back to his natural HBF role. Underrated at the contested mark in defence and has good core strength, I don't see him hit the deck as often as others. Dale I haven't given up on, quality user of the ball by foot, definite outside player so I'm not caught up in the one way running but does need to work on defensive side a lot more to be an AFL footballer. A bit timid as well from what I've seen but hoping with some extra muscle that will change. Another who is a decent contested mark at his age. I think both are at the age needed for our list so I'd be disappointed to see them traded for weak 3rd round picks we'll use on another 18 yr old.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale has effectively had 12 months out, 18 months if the truth about his foot was that he was playing injured for a while. Look back to his 2017 and it was stellar. In my mind he is worth another 2 years.

Williams is another who is a must keep. Good player