Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I think it means pick 13 becomes more valuable now.
    True. But it makes life harder overall I think.

In the scenario you posted yesterday one of the options was Hawthorn's Pick 28 for two third rounders. But the 200 draft points loss would mean all three third rounders would need to go and their pick after compo could be just pick 30. I'm not confident St Kilda would take 30 & Adelaide 34. They might though.

In the WCE scenario, it was Picks 22 & 31. That's now after likely compo Pick 26 & 35. That's slightly more in line, say Pick 26 for Bruce & Pick 34 (ours) for Keath. Pick 35 our next best pick. 3 X 3rd rounders for Freo's second. Pick 90 and upgrade La Young.

The GWS scenario is now Pick 13, 46, 50, 54 - for - Zac Williams (or similar) & Pick 19 - DVI=Pick 16 to GWS : Then Pick 34 on Keath & Pick 19 on Bruce and a future selection. Pick 88 and a nothing pick at the end of the draft.

Looking at a new option. Gold Coast. Assuming Brisbane trade Pick 23 (after compo) for Ah Chee, then gold coast have back to back Pick 22 & Pick 23. Maybe that's a target for Pick 13. That gives GCS picks 1, 2, 13 & 15 plus whatever for Martin.

We re-stock our picks with Picks 22 (trade or use), 23 (Bruce), 34 (Keath), (46, 50, 54 Freo 2020 2nd) & 88.

My favourite GCS points trade: 2020 GCS 2nd, 3rd & 4th - Our 1st, 4th plus Pick 75 this year

=

Picks 22 (trade or use), 23 (Bruce), 34 (Keath), (46, 50, 54 Freo 2020 2nd), 75 & 88 and/or upgrade La Young
    2020: GCS 2nd, Freo 2nd, Dogs 2nd, 3rd GCS, 3rd Dogs & 4th GCS

GCS: 2019: Pick 13 with 1, 2 & 15. 2020: 1st GCS, Mid 1st AFEL, 1st Dogs
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    GCS getting 1 & 20 looks like stuff around our trading a fair bit.

One of the options was a pick trade of Pick 12 for Adelaide's Picks 21 & 26.

Assuming Ellis & Tomlinson compo is end of first round with the GCS picks is now around Pick 13 for Adelaides Pick 25 & 30. Which is less tempting over yesterday's offering when it was 12 for 21 & 26. Both 25 & 30 probably get used on Keath & Bruce with our next moved back from Pick 30 to Pick 34.

The Keath option direct was Pick 12 for 21 to Adelaide - that's now - Pick 13 for Pick 25 & Keath. Pick 25 on Bruce. Pick 34 our first pick.

Our picks 41, 46 & 49 (add in Elliott compo, so that's five picks shuffled) - now is - 46, 50 & 54 which because of the lowering in draft points attached might make things more difficult for us, or have to include all three in a draft points based trade with say Freo. It's about 820 points and Freo would want at least that for a 2020 2nd rounder.

Teams pushed back like Melbourne, Saints & North have a fair bigger hurt factor being pushed back in both rounds. But this is our clubs contribution to GCS being turned into a viable club.
    I would of thought we're just giving Adelaide a late-ish 3rd rounder for Alex Keath.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I would of thought we're just giving Adelaide a late-ish 3rd rounder for Alex Keath.
    I'd love that. I've tried to source a figure from something I've read or heard. Around 30 was the estimate. But if we have a late 40's to 50ish pick on the table and Adelaide accept it, giddy up!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    This is what annoys me about the gifting of priority picks, it stuffs everything up for everyone else.
    When the league gift priority picks it should be a loan system like a bank, especially now there are points attached. And that club has 5 years to pay back the loan by dropping back in the draft order in future drafts until the points are repaid.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Dale is more likely to drift back to old habits than continue his last five games of home and away form.
    Jesus aza , the negative pills today ?

Post Thanks / Like

The silly thing is the AFEL didn't offer an incentive to assist GCS to the other clubs in any way as far as I can tell.

Seriously, if you want to get people on board you need to show what is in it for them. With this deal all there is as far as I can see if punishment for the mismanagement of a league created entity.

It's clear GCS needs experience in solid players, but they aren't going to get them unless they pay overs - which they can't do - or if they give up incentives to other clubs to hand them over, which they can if the AFEL was smart enough.

This is just another botched attempt from the AFEL to paper over the cracks that have been getting bigger and bigger since they rushed the implementation of this club into the competition. The truth is, they set up a façade of a club and didn't take care of anything across the back end, and now they're suffering for it. Setting up a club is a process, and anyone with any understanding of process knows that shit in equals shit out, especially when capacity is constrained (facilities, personnel, etc.). The thing about process is that quality inputs don't equal correct inputs (Ablett....etc.), the inputs need to be matched to the circumstances and right from the start the AFEL got it wrong with GCS.

Anyway, probably the wrong thread...…..
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Jesus aza , the negative pills today ?
    Fair call Remi. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been sucked into the Bailey Dale web before.

He certainly has the talent, does he have the desire & work ethic to be a top liner week in week out?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another quick question - am I right in assuming pick 12, now pick 13 w GCS compo could actually blow out to pick 14 or 15 w a compensation pick for freo w Hill and GCS w Martin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Another quick question - am I right in assuming pick 12, now pick 13 w GCS compo could actually blow out to pick 14 or 15 w a compensation pick for freo w Hill and GCS w Martin?
    No because neither are free agents - no compensation picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade Radio:

"I've heard all year about speculation from the Bulldogs (re: Isaac Smith). I've spoken to Bulldogs plenty of times and not once has his name come up"

- Liam Pickering

14. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo on Twitter pushing for a one year extension for Dickson.

16. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Radio:

"I've heard all year about speculation from the Bulldogs (re: Isaac Smith). I've spoken to Bulldogs plenty of times and not once has his name come up"

- Liam Pickering
    Did you hear the audio? I believe if a three year deal is put on the table he will be traded.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo on Twitter pushing for a one year extension for Dickson.

Azabob on woof pushing hard (for a number of weeks) for Dickson to receive a one year extension.

Liam Pickering advising Dickson will know after trade period if he stays or goes.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Azabob on woof pushing hard (for a number of weeks) for Dickson to receive a one year extension.

Liam Pickering advising Dickson will know after trade period if he stays or goes.
    Wait, wouldn’t he want to know in the trade period (so he could potentially get traded elsewhere and we could potentially get something for him?)

Edit: I have just remembered about the ability to sign delisted players post trade period and draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear the audio? I believe if a three year deal is put on the table he will be traded.
    No. I just saw the tweet referencing us. I'd be okay with that, for pick 84. If the third year isn't that great, it's essentially the last spot on this list he's taking up. I'm guessing Hawthorn would want a fair bit more.