Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    But Keath is uncontracted and wants out of there. Plus he has a pin in his shin Adelaide didn’t want there.

Keath is leaving. The question is whether it’s for pick 44 or nothing. He can go to the PSD is able to put our price on his head. He can refuse other medicals. Most clubs don’t take part in it anyway, but we could leave a spot open.

I’d prefer Dodoro Jr to acknowledge reality and for us to get Keath in soon. But we will learn soon enough.
    I guess he could refuse to tour other clubs but it's in our interest to get this deal done

I can't see how they can hold him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It is a great outcome if we can drop to 18 and still get the player we are obviously targeting...
    Even if that four club trade doesn’t proceed. After Port get 18 there’s a straight forward draft pick/points trade:

Exchanging 18 & 29 - for - 13 & 36 DVI (51 & 53) - Port ahead on 1st round and overall draft points (76), score 3 x 1sts at the draft. Pick 29 to Bruce, for us, so the cost is the first round downgrade and two third rounders.

Seems a genuine win-win draft picks/points trade if we aren’t locked in on a player at 13 not likely to be there 18.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a genuine win-win draft picks/points trade if we aren’t locked in on a player at 13 not likely to be there 18.
    :-)

Exactly.

I still don't really know why we want Keath and where Le Young, Cordy and Trengove are all going to play but I guess 'Footscray' is the answer for at least one (maybe two) of them.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

I still don't really know why we want Keath and where Le Young, Cordy and Trengove are all going to play but I guess 'Footscray' is the answer for at least one (maybe two) of them.
    Injury cover.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

My head hurts BT...just tell me when to open the wine!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

I guess the question is if he is an upgrade on the players you have listed and if so and we get him with some 3rd round currency then it's a good move. If not then we might have been able to look at other options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    My head hurts BT...just tell me when to open the wine!!
    5 o' clock was nearly five hours ago. What the hell is wrong with you girl?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes dadsgirl16, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

I’m a little slow, I just realised I echoed the good point you made...

I wonder, does Green, Henry, McGuiness & Mead likely pushing teen pick down the order impact our value on the pick. Green could force us down to 14. I’ve seen Henry & Mead as possible before. Then we have pick 16. I’ve seen Mead as possibly going before. So theoretically we could have pick 17 just holding pick 13. Trade trade moves it 18 down to 22 after matched bids. How does that impact value of the pick?

Or if Sam Landsberger story on King is accurate, do we trade pick 18 and then have two first rounders next year to go for King (running a big deficit on points next year). If our first rounder is compromised this year is it worth flipping for options next year?

On your point on KPDs, I think you’re right two are set for Footscray. Wood the mid sized and Crozier plays taller. Two flankers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Because Keath is considerably better than all of them?

All the guys you listed were given considerable opportunity to nail down the key defensive posts and none of them took it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t endorse this, but this is afel.com.au solution

Dogs: 13, 32 & 53 to Cows
    Dogs: 23, 28 & Keath from Cows
    Dogs: 28 to Saints for Bruce

Before Picks: 13, 32, 44, 51, 53 & 89
    After Picks: 23, 44, 51 & 89 —- Bruce & Keath

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Because Keath is considerably better than all of them?

All the guys you listed were given considerable opportunity to nail down the key defensive posts and none of them took it.
    Trengove wasn’t recruited for FB but once it was clear defence was his only way into senior footy for us he was pretty good. How was the job he did on Lynch? His one on one stats are very impressive. Just don’t watch him taking a short option.

Only loses his spot for the last 2 games because he had to punch hit in the ruck against GWS. He was seriously stiff.

Based on this though, you get the feeling he’s the general back up (Ruck / FB) and if no injuries / form issues for the other bigs he’ll play at Footscray.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t endorse this, but this is afel.com.au solution

Dogs: 13, 32 & 53 to Cows
    Dogs: 23, 28 & Keath from Cows
    Dogs: 28 to Saints for Bruce

Before Picks: 13, 32, 44, 51, 53 & 89
    After Picks: 23, 44, 51 & 89 —- Bruce & Keath
    So we lose our first round for a 10 pick downgrade to get the deals done

Weren't the Crows offering pick 23 and Keath for pick 13 to start with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So we lose our first round for a 10 pick downgrade to get the deals done

Weren't the Crows offering pick 23 and Keath for pick 13 to start with?
    Yep. And give up a third rounder to move 32 into 28.... so their magic solution is do what Adelaide wanted and then add even more. Not exactly a compromise. Not exactly we’ll thought out. There’s other options to open up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's a good point. With the slaughter at Adelaide in the last couple of weeks there may be nobody around to play devil's advocate.

They do seem to be a little bit all over the place going from pick 48 to 32 then not really committing to anything.
    May have a new coach on Monday
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if we have to deal our pick 13 to get the deals done then maybe Brisbane is the team to talk to

We offer them 13 and 51 for their picks 21 and 34. The DVI is close

We then deal picks 34 and 53 to the Crows for Keath and pick 49 and hold firm on pick 32 for the Saints

We go into the draft with pick 21, 45 and 49

I suspect though that we will hold firm on our position of keeping pick 13