Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

So when was it made official Coniglio was going to Hawthorn ? It’s pure media talk at this stage and let’s not get our collective knickers in a knot yet

Post Thanks / Like

Smith started at 21 , so he hasn’t quite have the beaten up body of your stock afl 31 y/o.

Post Thanks / Like

I get chasing players of the quality of both Martin and Smith but I wonder if we would be better served if it was a mixture of a star player and a couple of role players that fill some of our needs?

Would a player who is cable of both being a 2nd ruckman and a decent key forward be a good fit for us?

Martin would be a great addition for us because he is so capable of kicking goals and putting in some unbelievable games. If our interest is genuine then I guess we haven't given up on getting a Wingard type.

Given we are cashed up we will be linked with 20 quality players between now and the trade period.
    We are probably willing to trade an early pick or two as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Wonder if we'd inquire about Jake Carlisle? Contract clause means he may have to rush back this year, might be worth planting the seed
    Saw that in the paper too. There's a really high chance that Carlisle is a dickhead but I'd still be very interested.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    So when was it made official Coniglio was going to Hawthorn ? It’s pure media talk at this stage and let’s not get our collective knickers in a knot yet
    I was only using Coniglio as the most obvious example. Seems like the Hawks would only need to do a salary dump if they pick up a big name again. That could be anyone - I'm certain Wingard wasn't being discussed in the media at this time last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    See that's just the problem with this club. We once again get another old man with two years left in his legs and it will be made to be a great deal for the dogs (pick whatever) yet once again Hawthorn pick up a genuine superstar nearing his prime while we release them of further financial burdens. It sucks. Smith is a good player but he won't play in a our premiership. He relies on pace and that's the first thing that will go as he nears the edge over the next 2 years.

Wish we could offload and replace our tyres like the Hawks seem to do. It's always fringe types or old men for us.
    I'm with you on not wanting to do the Hawks too many favours/acting as their dumping ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I was only using Coniglio as the most obvious example. Seems like the Hawks would only need to do a salary dump if they pick up a big name again. That could be anyone - I'm certain Wingard wasn't being discussed in the media at this time last year.
    Not sure how others feel , but I’m glad we kept pick 6 and got Bailey Smith . Wingard is hot and cold

9. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how others feel , but I’m glad we kept pick 6 and got Bailey Smith . Wingard is hot and cold
    By all accounts we were offering this years' first round pick.

Strangely, plenty of this year's first round appears to be medium forwards with goal sense, some of whom have midfield scope.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    See that's just the problem with this club. We once again get another old man with two years left in his legs and it will be made to be a great deal for the dogs (pick whatever) yet once again Hawthorn pick up a genuine superstar nearing his prime while we release them of further financial burdens. It sucks. Smith is a good player but he won't play in a our premiership. He relies on pace and that's the first thing that will go as he nears the edge over the next 2 years.

Wish we could offload and replace our tyres like the Hawks seem to do. It's always fringe types or old men for us.
    I am with you on this, how many have we seen over the years

Phil Krakouer Cowton, Gallagher, Winmar, Aker, Hall, Cloke off the top of my head.
    Last edited by bornadog; 30-05-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ia m glad we haven't got him. A premium price for a player that is not consistent.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Phil Cracker, Cowton, Gallagher, Winmar, Aker, Hall, Cloke off the top of my head.
    Wills and Jackovich are a couple of gems to add to the list.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whispers that Sam Power is being very proactive which is good to hear.

Shake the tree, see what might fall.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil Cracker, Cowton, Gallagher, Winmar, Aker, Hall, Cloke off the top of my head.
    Cracker ? Come on Borna
    Krakouer

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker ? Come on Borna
    Krakouer
    Cheers, getting too old. Bad mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Phil Krakouer Cowton, Gallagher, Winmar, Aker, Hall, Cloke off the top of my head.
    Could probably count Jakovich he was cooked !