Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

I assume he stays at the Crows but this guy is just what we need.

Crows keen to sign hot defender as Vic clubs put out the feelers

ADELAIDE is doing everything it can to retain out-of-contract defender Alex Keath as Victorian rivals circle for his signature.

The 27-year-old former cricketer has been a revelation this season, with his intercept marking and positional play putting him in the discussion for All Australian honours.

Keath has played 24 career games, with half of those coming this season, but is yet to ink a new deal with the Crows.

Veteran Richard Douglas said it was imperative the Crows hung on to Keath, who joined the club as a category B rookie at the end of 2015.

"The club would be very keen to secure Alex," Douglas told reporters on Wednesday.

"His development this year has been outstanding.

"I understand he'd be in high demand, particularly back in Victoria, but for the club and for Alex, it'd be fantastic to get a deal done."

The 197cm Keath has averaged 17.8 disposals and 6.3 marks per game this season.

He is ranked first in the competition for intercepts with 107 at an average of 8.92, while he is 20th in the League for marks.

Keath also won the Showdown Medal for his 26-disposal, five-mark performance in his side's 20-point win against Port Adelaide in round eight.

He will play a vital role as the resurgent Crows aim for their third straight win when they host Richmond at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night.

Post Thanks / Like

He's AA quality, I watched him closely last week and Keath was brilliant. Shep boy so it's not like it's purely a Melbourne go-home factor and he lived in Adelaide for years playing cricket prior to starting his AFL career.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's AA quality, I watched him closely last week and Keath was brilliant. Shep boy so it's not like it's purely a Melbourne go-home factor and he lived in Adelaide for years playing cricket prior to starting his AFL career.
    I suspect you are right, the only chance we get him is with a godfather offer that the Crows can't come close to matching. Bit of a risk with so few games under his belt but I hope we are at least are asking the question.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Keath fielding for Australia in a Test match on the MCG about eight or nine years back. Just as a substitute fielder, but a pretty good string to the bow. I recall Gold Coast were super keen to draft him (early), so CA swiftly got him on contract and tried to fast track him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I remember Keath fielding for Australia in a Test match on the MCG about eight or nine years back. Just as a substitute fielder, but a pretty good string to the bow. I recall Gold Coast were super keen to draft him (early), so CA swiftly got him on contract and tried to fast track him.
    Gold Coast did draft him as a 17 year old under their special concessions but he took up a Cricket Victoria contract instead.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve mentioned it on here before but Keath is the player we should be targeting. The stars are perfectly aligned on him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’ve mentioned it on here before but Keath is the player we should be targeting. The stars are perfectly aligned on him.
    Nah the stars got rid of him years ago, the 1 over he bowled that went for 27 sealed his fate.

9. Likes bornadog, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne also chasing him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Melbourne also chasing him.
    How many tall defenders do Melbourne need? Would have thought that was the least of their worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    How many tall defenders do Melbourne need? Would have thought that was the least of their worries.
    Yeah a strange one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one that is high risk-high reward and perhaps a bit out of left field- Nic Natanui.

He is a retstricted free agent and apparently WC have offered him 3 years on peanuts (after he has been on close to a million the last few years).

Could we throw a more lucrative deal his way? He strikes me as a loyal fellow, but he also strikes me as someone that would be interested in a new life experience and broadening the horizons.

Thinking laterally, the marketing opportunities alone would be significant for him in the big smoke and we could put that as part of a package to him. He would certainly pull some members on board and get a few extra bums on seat on game day too, so that couldn't hurt our bottom line.

The knees are obviously a huge risk, but can you imagine if we got him and he stayed fit?

14. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Here is one that is high risk-high reward and perhaps a bit out of left field- Nic Natanui.

He is a retstricted free agent and apparently WC have offered him 3 years on peanuts (after he has been on close to a million the last few years).

Could we throw a more lucrative deal his way? He strikes me as a loyal fellow, but he also strikes me as someone that would be interested in a new life experience and broadening the horizons.

Thinking laterally, the marketing opportunities alone would be significant for him in the big smoke and we could put that as part of a package to him. He would certainly pull some members on board and get a few extra bums on seat on game day too, so that couldn't hurt our bottom line.

The knees are obviously a huge risk, but can you imagine if we got him and he stayed fit?
    I like the thinking but this is a total pipe dream. West Coast already have three years on the table for him and you’d struggle to find a player more beloved by a fan base.

Plus he’s a Jordan Peterson bro so I don’t want him on our team anyway.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the thinking but this is a total pipe dream. West Coast already have three years on the table for him and you’d struggle to find a player more beloved by a fan base.

So you offer him four and more money (and a new fan base that will adore him just as much).

You're right, it's pretty darn unlikely. But who knows... more time, more money, and the lure of a new experience might make him take notice. It's worth a crack.

Post Thanks / Like

So he comes to another bunch of fans of the west who will love him immediately! And this one is in Melbourne, the centre of the footy universe.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on wot?

Say it ain't so.
    BORDERLINE FLYING