Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Indulging for a second - he's not a free agent so we'd have to trade for him. They will obviously ask for JJ because they still think it's unfair we have a player they want, and we will obviously say no. They will ask for our first and we will say no again.

What gets it done? He seems like another player that we lack commensurate assets for and would have to overpay, before even considering that we'd be dealing with Dodo.
    I think they'd ask for a first rounder, but would ultimately go for a 2xsecond rounder trade. Ie. A future second rounder plus a pick in the low 20s.

If we are keen on going for indigenous talent I'd much prefer we tried to grab the Hill brothers based on the rumours of Brads wife coming back here and them being potentially a package deal. Brad was traded to Freo for pick 23, and I think Stephen would cost a pick in the 30s.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think they'd ask for a first rounder, but would ultimately go for a 2xsecond rounder trade. Ie. A future second rounder plus a pick in the low 20s.

If we are keen on going for indigenous talent I'd much prefer we tried to grab the Hill brothers based on the rumours of Brads wife coming back here and them being potentially a package deal. Brad was traded to Freo for pick 23, and I think Stephen would cost a pick in the 30s.
    Steve is a free agent, so just salary. If DoDo wants more than pick 27 (Crameri was 26) then I’m happy to pass. With JUH & Macca next year I don’t see any future trading just yet, outside of the 1st rounder.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

They will ask for our first and we will say no again.

What gets it done? He seems like another player that we lack commensurate assets for and would have to overpay, before even considering that we'd be dealing with Dodo.
    If we can get McDonald-Tipungwuti for a first rounder we should do that 100 times out of 100.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes Raw Toast, dog town, chef, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If we can get McDonald-Tipungwuti for a first rounder we should do that 100 times out of 100.
    Depends - for 13-15, sure, but for a pick inside 10 I'm thinking not.

I'm largely against ever trading quality draft capital.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

With Hurley doing his shoulder, will we see what Hartley is like at AFL level?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

If we really wanted Tippa, we simply should have undergone a systematic doping regime for 3 years and then get him as an additional supplementary player for nothing.

No need to worry about list sizes or salary caps when you are those cheating bastards of Tullamarine
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes hujsh, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If we really wanted Tippa, we simply should have undergone a systematic doping regime for 3 years and then get him as an additional supplementary player for nothing.

No need to worry about list sizes or salary caps when you are those cheating bastards of Tullamarine
    Given they wiped the noses of the rest of the competition in the dirt, cheated to gain an advantage the other clubs and ended up being rewarded for it. Those players should have gone into the draft the way they were meant to originally.

And they were rewarded for that? Un believable, just have they got on the AFL leadership? What did Gil say to them that they can prove he said? City Hall backed down from their high horse awfully quickly...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends - for 13-15, sure, but for a pick inside 10 I'm thinking not.

I'm largely against ever trading quality draft capital.
    Tom Boyd = Premiership says hello.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tom Boyd = Premiership says hello.
    Tom Boyd was a totally unique scenario. Most of the reason I like keeping picks is it gives the best chance for a club to get consistent development into potentially transcendent talent. Boyd was the pick one from the previous year that had very little wear on his tyres; if we could get Sam Walsh for pick 6 this year I'd probably do that too.

Hence - "largely against".
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

There's so much more excitement around a 'cleanskin'.
    Driving a fresh car straight out of the showroom has a certain 'sizzle' to it.

Bailey Smith
    Aaron Naughton
    Bont
    MacRae

All top 10 picks and all untainted with the vile stench of another clubs Guernsey, Specially not a red and black one.

Tippa would be great, but I hate trading out top 10 picks. The talent on offer is just too tantalising.

14. Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    With Hurley doing his shoulder, will we see what Hartley is like at AFL level?
    Hartley may not get a game, they have a few options. Potential delistee who gets picked up by another club. I'd look at him. Watching our VFL side run around with only two legitimate talls tells me we need more cover for injury.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    There's so much more excitement around a 'cleanskin'.
    Driving a fresh car straight out of the showroom has a certain 'sizzle' to it.

Bailey Smith
    Aaron Naughton
    Bont
    MacRae

All top 10 picks and all untainted with the vile stench of another clubs Guernsey, Specially not a red and black one.

Tippa would be great, but I hate trading out top 10 picks. The talent on offer is just too tantalising.
    Brad Hill would likely cost a top 10 pick, or very close to it. I'd say yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Gray is still uncontracted at Port, would be far cheaper than Tippa and play a similar role - why not look there instead?

Not keen on giving a top 10 pick for a small forward when so many clubs scoop good ones in the rookie draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Sam Gray is still uncontracted at Port, would be far cheaper than Tippa and play a similar role - why not look there instead?

Not keen on giving a top 10 pick for a small forward when so many clubs scoop good ones in the rookie draft.
    I mentioned his name a couple of months ago as a cheap pick up. Carlton apparently very much in his ear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hartley may not get a game, they have a few options. Potential delistee who gets picked up by another club. I'd look at him. Watching our VFL side run around with only two legitimate talls tells me we need more cover for injury.
    Yep, we gambled with not having enough KP and ruckman last year at the trade and draft tables and as this season goes on it has the potential to bite us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"