Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 136 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We must have a target for pick 13 that we really want.
    Any suggestions on who that might be Doc?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Really not a fan of downgrading 13 unless we see some sort of real benefit. Not convinced the above provides that tbh
    Picks 13, 51, 53 - for - Pick 18 & Bruce.

A 5 pick downgrade in the first round and two end of third rounders for Bruce, a 35-50 goal a year contested marking KPF. I'd do that in a heart beat. The flow on is us still holding Picks 32 & 44 for Keath.

We won't have pick 13 though. With Green, Henry and maybe Mead of McGuinness, we will have Pick 15-17. The last draft report I read said between 15 & 30 there's a blanket you can throw over good players. Whether it's 17 or 22, I'm sure some players we like slide. I don't see a five pick downgrade as a big issue while still having a first rounder and Bruce secured, and 32 still in our draft bag.

We will soon see. Maybe...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't going to get those players anyway. Our position changes by number but not really by actual draft order

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Any suggestions on who that might be Doc?
    have been trying to join the dots on who we might be interested in and have some theories. I'll start a thread on it once the trade period is over so will hold fire until then.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Thanks GVGjr, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    have been trying to join the dots on who we might be interested in and have some theories. I'll start a thread on it once the trade period is over so will hold fire until then.
    I read a phantom draft that has us linked to Fisher McAsey around the 13 Mark. I watchEd the U18 GF live and he looked awesome. KPD
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I read a phantom draft that has us linked to Fisher McAsey around the 13 Mark. I watchEd the U18 GF live and he looked awesome. KPD
    I posted a bit about him during the season. He's a Bulldogs supporter as well.
    Given the lack of key position players he might not be around by our selection

Post Thanks / Like

I posted a bit about him during the season. He's a Bulldogs supporter as well.
    Given the lack of key position players he might not be around by our selection
    I was surprised to see him in the phantom draft that late. He looked superb IMO - clearly will take a little time to mature, doubt there are many that can come in with as quick an impact as Naughton.

Added bonus he is a doggies supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Good option by Essendon

ESSENDON looms as Aiden Bonar's last resort of finding a new club during this year's Telstra AFL Trade Period, as the wantaway Giant seeks a return home to Victoria.

AFL.com.au understands Bonar met with the Bombers regarding a potential move on Monday, having previously received little interest during the exchange period.

However, the youngster is no guarantee to ultimately land at Tullamarine, given Essendon is tied up in a number of other deals that remain in limbo heading into deadline day.

It is still attempting to block star forward Joe Daniher's move to Sydney, while it is also trying to seal trades for Brisbane defender Tom Cutler and Carlton ruckman Andrew Phillips.

AFL.com.au reported in May that Bonar had been placed on the trade table by the Giants, but that his contract – believed to be worth upwards of $400,000 per season – would be the stumbling block in the talented 20-year-old finding a new home in October.

Bonar, recruited to the Giants with pick No.11 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft, has managed just six games in two seasons after struggling to crack a supremely talented Giants midfield.

That midfield will also be strengthened further next season by the return of co-captain Callan Ward from injury, while Academy gun Tom Green is also set to land at the club.

A well-built onballer at 188cm and 87kg, Bonar has played both forward and through the midfield with the Giants. His junior career was hampered by successive ACL injuries.

He is contracted with the Giants for a further two years until 2021.

Essendon currently has picks No.31, 33, 57, 65, 70 and 88 to work with. - Riley Beveridge

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Mclure has just tweeted that the Brad Hill trade will get done

Brad Hill trade agreed to in principle.

Fremantle will receive 10, a future second rounder and Blake Acres (if he agrees to go). Pick from Jack Steven could also be involved.

Either way, Saints will get their man.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Mclure has just tweeted that the Brad Hill trade will get done

Brad Hill trade agreed to in principle.

Fremantle will receive 10, a future second rounder and Blake Acres (if he agrees to go). Pick from Jack Steven could also be involved.

Either way, Saints will get their man.
    The Saints have done amazingly well with basically only pick 6. They haven't even traded Bruce yet and the look to have all their targets covered
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m hearing through my network of completely unsubstantiated sources - that the majority of trades are all agreed to by clubs. The AFL is just delaying them for the theatre of closing trade week.

My no. 1 question if this is true - why the hell make it 10 days then?

Post Thanks / Like

Daniher will be interesting
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m hearing through my network of completely unsubstantiated sources - that the majority of trades are all agreed to by clubs. The AFL is just delaying them for the theatre of closing trade week.

To dominate the nooz.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think he was a chance to get to us until Melbourne traded for pick 8.
    They've been open about looking for a small forward and Weightman is the best available. Pick 13 may be the sweet spot for a slider as the draft is seen as pretty even after the first couple.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know for certain the AFL dates are more about controlling the media cycle than about proving the best timing for players & clubs, this is directly from AFL House. The AFL want to 'own the back page of the Hun' for as much of the year as they can.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers