Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 74 of 141 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    And they've brought in Pavlich and Dunstall to chair the review, meanwhile players are reputedly fuming about a questionnaire that's less than flattering for Pyke.

Imploding in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

*grabs pocorn*

Want absolutely no part of Tex. Go strut it up at some other shitbox club champ.
    I’ll also remind our viewers that he is the faux tough guy that nearly killed JJ by shoving him headfirst towards the post. He did it to another player last year too.

Did anyone notice him throw an elbow at a player going past after he took a mark in their forwardline in the Ballarat game? Absolute cretin.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 03-09-2019 at 07:03 AM.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Rumour is Tex Walker not happy with Adelaide club and town.Could be worth a phone call.
    If we call Tex Walker, I hope we get Michael Talia to mind the phone after the call.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Rumour is Tex Walker not happy with Adelaide club and town.Could be worth a phone call.
    I would rather we called Frank Walker, at least he could provide something useful, perhaps re-tile Barkers Cafe?

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Oh, hell no. He is super cooked.
    Didn't he just kick 5 goals against us in his last hitout?

It could easily be argued he is as good an option or even slightly better than Josh Bruce as a 3rd wheel in our forward line. He is a very unpopular player with opposition supporters, which I think clouds judgement on his actual onfield performance.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes Topdog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

It could easily be argued he is as good an option or even slightly better than Josh Bruce as a 3rd wheel in our forward line. He is a very unpopular player with opposition supporters, which I think clouds judgement on his actual onfield performance.
    Across the 2019 season Walker out-performed Bruce in pretty much all key stats except HO's as Bruce averaged 1.6 per game.

Walker is 2 years older, 4cm shorter and not a pack bursting player, but in terms of playing footy, he's better at it than Bruce.

10. Likes Topdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Across the 2019 season Walker out-performed Bruce in pretty much all key stats except HO's as Bruce averaged 1.6 per game.

Walker is 2 years older, 4cm shorter and not a pack bursting player, but in terms of playing footy, he's better at it than Bruce.
    I am still not interested in him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume we'd want Bruce to chop out in the ruck which he can do, Tex doesn't.
    Crows fans seem to think Tex is playing 5-10kgs over his ideal weight this year. 102kgs for 193cm is a fair unit. Bruce is the same weight at 197cm.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund reporting:

Herald Sun journalist and SEN Breakfast’s own Sam Edmund has reported that St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs are interested in fringe Geelong ruckman Zac Smith.

Smith has managed just three games this season and is uncontracted for 2020.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Edmund reporting:
    As long as Smith was cheap I wouldn't mind him as insurance for English. Can't see them both playing in the same team along with Naughton, Schache and perhaps Bruce though.

If we can get Issac Smith as well we can really corner the market on Smiths and Baileys.

15. Likes azabob, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tex is an arrogant goose but the type you like when he plays for your team. If Bevo and players were ok with it then I'd be down with it. Much better than Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be fine with Bruce - think he adds that ruck/forward option that we're looking for and it's simply not sustainable having only the two key position players on your list, even if you don't play more than that.

Tex is another matter - think he plays a role pretty similar to what we're envisaging Naughton to play. I'd rather steer clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    As long as Smith was cheap I wouldn't mind him as insurance for English. Can't see them both playing in the same team along with Naughton, Schache and perhaps Bruce though.

If we can get Issac Smith as well we can really corner the market on Smiths and Baileys.
    I've been advocating the need for an experienced back up ruckman. So I'm pleased we are scouting for one.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Zac Smith is an athletic ruckman who hates body contact - not a good trait to have in your ruckman. If he was any good he would be the clear no. 1 ruckman at Geelong, but he's now probably 4th in the pecking order behind others.

He has played well a couple of times against us in the past, which brings back memories of recruiting Daniel Bandy after he kicked 5 goals against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I assume we'd want Bruce to chop out in the ruck which he can do, Tex doesn't.
    Crows fans seem to think Tex is playing 5-10kgs over his ideal weight this year. 102kgs for 193cm is a fair unit. Bruce is the same weight at 197cm.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S
    Fair call if that is what we are looking for with Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

Zac Smith is an athletic ruckman who hates body contact - not a good trait to have in your ruckman. If he was any good he would be the clear no. 1 ruckman at Geelong, but he's now probably 4th in the pecking order behind others.

He has played well a couple of times against us in the past, which brings back memories of recruiting Daniel Bandy after he kicked 5 goals against us.
    Will be 30 at the start of next year, so he better get a crack on if he wants his AFL career to continue.