Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 54 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    It will be interesting to see if there will be any list carnage from the teams who thought they should have made the finals like The Crows, Port, Freo & Melbourne. Should be an interesting off season for them.
    The Cows and Freo particularly for mine. Seems to be a few unhappy campers at the Crows, and Hill and Langdon look set to depart Freo.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about pro-active offers, perhaps we should get in the ear of Chayce Jones.

I was very impressed with his performance against us.

Surely Melbourne is so much closer to Launceston to create a go home factor for him.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath didn't do much for Adelaide yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Keath didn't do much for Adelaide yesterday.
    I wasn't impressed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Keath played injured
    He was hobbled during the game as well
    Excellent this season before he got injured

Post Thanks / Like

Keath is 10th in the league for intercept marks, and 5th for intercept marks per game.

This is more indicative of the player is than the dead rubber yesterday, at a club in borderline crisis. A tall, mobile intercepting marking KPD we want. He fits the bill.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Keath is 10th in the league for intercept marks, and 5th for intercept marks per game.

This is more indicative of the player is than the dead rubber yesterday, at a club in borderline crisis. A tall, mobile intercepting marking KPD we want. He fits the bill.
    Was his first gameback for many weeks, in a dead rubber against a side who won the midfield battle.
    I'd still chase him. He's an upgrade on Cordy for that no 2 KPD spot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Was his first gameback for many weeks, in a dead rubber against a side who won the midfield battle.
    I'd still chase him. He's an upgrade on Cordy for that no 2 KPD spot.
    We've got Williams dangling out there for Adelaide to have interest in. Hopefully they have that, and we with Keath and can sort something out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

According to The Age, Martin has told the Suns he's out.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p52kyx.html

Really hope we can land him.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    According to The Age, Martin has told the Suns he's out.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p52kyx.html

Really hope we can land him.
    Dogs seriously in the frame for Martin & Keath!! Get both and its huge. Force Tippa out and we've addressed all three needs.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would hope that we look like a team on the move and would be appealing for player looking at a change of environment.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle open to trade from Saints. Silly season has started early. Hard pass from me. D-head policy (to be fair I don't know anything about him)

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...26-p52kyi.html

Post Thanks / Like

From Sept 2015: The Hun:

THE Western Bulldogs are keen on wantaway Bomber Jake Carlisle, but coach Luke Beveridge admits he is frustrated with the process.

A number of clubs have been linked to Carlisle, including St Kilda after coach Alan Richardson confirmed his club’s interest, after the defender requested a trade out of Essendon.

Beveridge says he is “uncomfortable” with his club’s inability to get itself in front of Carlisle without putting an offer on the table first, as seems to be the course of action in the modern market.

“Sometimes the cart gets put before the horse when really, the conversation and the chat about the person should be the thing that happens first,” Beveridge told SEN.

“We’re working through that.

------------

Bevo wasn't unhappy with Carlisle, but his manager. There were also proven false rumours flying around him at the time too. Bevo clearly didn't think he was a dickhead then. I wonder if Bevo is still keen?

He's a type we want. But if he's going to demand huge money, that back injury would need to be signed off by the surgeons and medico's. The injury and big money is something that leads me to hesitation.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d prefer Keath. Less banged up, probably a little cheaper and off field baggage isn’t an issue.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Buyer beware
    Get the feeling the back might not be great