Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why he calls him a forward? We want a CHB
    Poor tweet construction I think. I think his point is there’s not many forwards which is why we are chasing a KPD since there’s not a heap of forwards. He doesn’t understand our needs. We need both now.

Tomlinson said he was waiting to sign once jmac signed up Kelly & Cogs. Maybe more money changes that for him. I’d like to get the benefit of a good free agent and keep/use/trade good picks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If you look through the players traded last year I don’t think many of them were predicted during the year. Players will pop up and we don’t want to put all our eggs in one basket and not be able to swing to someone new.

We need forward options but we don’t want another tall unless they are a star. Medium forwards and smalls is what we need. Potentially could do with a key defender as well if available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If you look through the players traded last year I don’t think many of them were predicted during the year. Players will pop up and we don’t want to put all our eggs in one basket and not be able to swing to someone new.

We need forward options but we don’t want another tall unless they are a star. Medium forwards and smalls is what we need. Potentially could do with a key defender as well if available.
    Tomlinson is a 193cm super mobile utility. He'd be brilliant for us but I'm not sure he's had too much exposure forward of the ball.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Tomlinson is a 193cm super mobile utility. He'd be brilliant for us but I'm not sure he's had too much exposure forward of the ball.
    Too short
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Too short
    Officially listed as 194cm and 96kgs (exactly the same as Alex Rance). I think he's fine size wise.

Tom Browne mentioned this on Talking Footy as well and is definitely saying that we are interested in him as a forward. Perhaps we see Tomlinson as a forward and the rumoured Carlton tall as a KPD? We should have the cash for both.

What sort of contract would we need to offer Tomlinson? $600-$700k? 4-5 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Too short
    Too short for what?

Our second forward marking option right now is 186cm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What sort of contract would we need to offer Tomlinson? $600-$700k? 4-5 years?
    He's 26? 4 years shouldn;t be much of a risk, he's played at a high level for many years.

TBH I'm a little surprised he's even gettable, always seemed more likely to stay than leave but we do have cap space.

Post Thanks / Like

He's 26? 4 years shouldn;t be much of a risk, he's played at a high level for many years.

TBH I'm a little surprised he's even gettable, always seemed more likely to stay than leave but we do have cap space.
    If it saved some coin ($50,000 a year or so), I'd strongly consider 5 years. Hypothetically $600,000 into $550,000. That'd take him to 31 which is still ok I think.

If he's our alleged tall forward replacement, we have over a million dollars to get a KPD (being that Day isn't being talked about as a forward option for us maybe he's not a focus) maybe that Carlton rumour that Axe Man and you've heard about a KPD might be an option. Guessing a name, Weitering, he wouldn't command a major, major salary. So we'd still have left over salary cap to look at a medium/small forward. Plus a suite of good draft picks. For us to compete seriously next year we need some ready made players. If we could pick up three or four while getting some more talented kids, that seems sensible.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Too short for what?

Our second forward marking option right now is 186cm.
    Schache is 199

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache is 199
    ...And he's playing in the VFL.

Talent beats height, especially considering we are looking for a mobile no 2 tall. De Goey types are what every coach wants now and Tomlinson is seriously mobile.

Post Thanks / Like

Talent beats height, especially considering we are looking for a mobile no 2 tall. De Goey types are what every coach wants now and Tomlinson is seriously mobile.
    I have got to say, I don't see it.

Would love De Goey though (who wouldn't)

Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson has never shown anything as a forward. If we got him it would be to play on the De Goey types.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be delighted w Tomlinson. Know Browne said we could mould him as a fwd, but I’d have thought he’d be a defender.

Post Thanks / Like

I've pushed his name forward a few time here as a mobile defender who is capable of creating mismatches. I can't see us getting him but Bevo should appreciate his abilities
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Bevo would like him. I like Aliir. He is so good.