Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I saw that article flicking through at the coffee shop waiting for my coffee, and laughed. What a crap article.
    They've been doing it for every club. Some bits are ok, other bits are nonsensical.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that article flicking through at the coffee shop waiting for my coffee, and laughed. What a crap article.
    I think they have just read threads WOOF and then extrapolated the rest.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think they have just read threads WOOF and then extrapolated the rest.
    Haha I thought the same thing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He says we are doing damage to English, and at the same time says he could eventually develop into a Grundy type - yet is oblivious to the irony in that Grundy played more games at the same age as English.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He says we are doing damage to English, and at the same time says he could eventually develop into a Grundy type - yet is oblivious to the irony in that Grundy played more games at the same age as English.
    Definitely has been reading WOOF.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fox saying that Hawthorn is out of any running on Brad Hill. Different media outlets have Saints, Cats, Dee's, Blues & Dogs as interested/need for him. Also says that a package deal with his brother, who is a free agent, would ge a major card to play to get Brad. We have a great trading relationship with Freo over the passed three years, so maybe it can bear some more fruit. Not sure what they'd want exactly in return.

Leg speed and crisp disposal X 2 sounds good to me. It would certainly address PG's wish to attract top indigenous talent.

Would leave just about enough salary cap for one of Tomlinson, Papley or Martin (or the like).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo on Brad Hill:

Less than 24 hours after AFL.com.au revealed Victorian clubs were chasing Docker Bradley Hill for 2020, Beveridge said the Dogs were yet to join the race.

Hill and Beveridge previously shared a close bond in their time together at the Hawks from 2012-2014.

"Hilly's a great young fella, I have (got a relationship) but we haven't inquired in Brad's (movements)," Beveridge said.

"I shouldn't say that because if you ask me a question about another player and I don't say that we haven't inquired then you're going to think we have inquired.

"I'd rather stay out of it. Out of respect to our group, I don't like to talk about any of that stuff publicly, it's just not right."

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bevo on Brad Hill:
    That's from memory, a very, very close to his answer at a presser on Michael Hurley. When Hurley was close to being done. Interesting. And getting in about having a relationship with him before shutting it down... Nice moves.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a decent read with some speculation from Goddard, not sure why he is copping criticism for it.

The he says that we might be targeting I'd say are well known.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's a decent read with some speculation from Goddard, not sure why he is copping criticism for it.
    Because suitors are lining up for Fletcher Roberts apparently.

Quick, lock him up with another extension.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

The he says that we might be targeting I'd say are well known.
    One glaring issue I had with the article was the insistence our midfield group needs one more and then started talking about Ed Richards. Bailey Smith says hi.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Silly thing to do but it was 4 years ago and if he is otherwise on the straight and narrow I wouldn't be discounting him for that alone. Of course football reasons may mean he would not be on our radar at all regardless.
    Could we play Caleb and Lewis Taylor in the same team?
    I’m not a huge Taylor fan but having two vastly undersized players in the same team seems to be inviting match up problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I’m not a huge Taylor fan but having two vastly undersized players in the same team seems to be inviting match up problems.
    If he was playing in the backline alongside Caleb, sure. I'm looking at it from a small forward angle so I don't think it matters.

Taylor, Cavarra, Betts, Papley, Tippa are all around the same height. I'm sure we could fit one of those guys in the same team as Daniel.

I think most of us see the need for a quality small forward, I don't care if they are 170cm or 180cm, if they kick goals and create pressure their height won't matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Because suitors are lining up for Fletcher Roberts apparently.

Quick, lock him up with another extension.
    Very good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    But the prevailing wisdom with Caleb before he was drafted was he was too short to play. Sometimes I think that we get too caught up with what players can't do and overlook what they do well.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite