Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 25 of 141 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

On Bob and Chris Antsey's pod cast Chris said the rumour he, and Bob I assume too, have heard was we are into Jeremy Cameron. As well as Iaac Smith. Bob chipped into Jack Martin too. Cameron would be a huge get.

Post Thanks / Like

As unlikely as Cameron sounds it’s a nice departure from the middling KP types we have been linked to. The absolute last thing we need on our list are KPP who are anything short of high quality. You don’t play height for the sake of it you need your big guys to have an impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Thats not what you said, you were told he was the same size as Cordy and you then ruled a line from him. He's 3cm taller based on the websites..
    That is correct, we don't need another player the same size as a Cordy.

BTW: There is only 1 cm difference in height, not 3cm. Check the club sites.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

What about one the same size as Morris? He can't keep going forever.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What about one the same size as Morris? He can't keep going forever.
    Every generation is growing and growing. The new FF are 200cm plus. When Morris started, 191 was okish, but let's face it he even struggled on the big boys as the years went on.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Every generation is growing and growing. The new FF are 200cm plus. When Morris started, 191 was okish, but let's face it he even struggled on the big boys as the years went on.
    Nah, he hits their body hard in order to bring the ball to ground and then beats them in the contest on the deck. There are days when he gets beaten by monster forwards and there are days when the whippets beat him. But those days are very few and far between.

Hamling should have been the player succeeding Moz. I'm still *!*!*!*!ing furious about us letting him go and I will never be able to reconcile it.

But you're right about successive generations being bigger. My son can lift me above his head with one arm!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Fev was 191 Darling is too I think, could be wrong. Chris Grant 192? There's plenty of players Tomlinson could play on from Tex Walker, Darling, Riewoldt, Gunston, Stringer, Mihocek off the tip off my head. We'd be mad not to go for Tomlinson if we think we can get him. He's plenty big enough to play on just about anyone and he has a massive tank. We are unlikely to get an elite 200cm key back in the mold of Andrews or Carlisle they're just not out there. Tomlinson can play anywhere but he would be an excellent choice at CHB.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 17-07-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Size is irrelevant and a stupid metric. Tomlinson is good and we could find a role for him because he's good so yes.

But never mind any of that because did Bob Murphy on a Western Bulldogs club endorsed podcast just tacitly endorse us getting Jeremy Cameron?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson is certainly AFL quality, is versatile, and as a free agent is free. There is little downside. I am sceptical on recruiting him to be our big key defender, seeing as he has never really played that role, but I am all for grabbing him, regardless of height.

Geez Jeremy Cameron would be just about my most disliked player in the league, not sure how I'd feel about him becoming one of us.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes Mofra, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Tomlinson is certainly AFL quality, is versatile, and as a free agent is free. There is little downside. I am sceptical on recruiting him to be our big key defender, seeing as he has never really played that role, but I am all for grabbing him, regardless of height.
    Where would you play Tomlinson?

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron would be awesome. Naughton goes back problem solved.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have said we'd play him forward, and at GWS he's played as a rebounding defender and on the wing, as well as stints in the middle.
    He's a genuine utility, seems weird to rule out a utility because he's a similar height to your no 2 KPD.

Mid-sized forwards are around the 191cm mark (De Goey, Stringer, etc).
    No way I want to rule out a defender who can play on those types because we might want him to roll onto a KPP occasionally.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where would you play Tomlinson?
    Wing/forward.

Upgrade on the players we've rolled through that position this year (Roarke Smith, Bailey Williams, Willl Hayes, etc).

Can change with Suckling in the back half as a defensive forward as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Wing/forward.

Upgrade on the players we've rolled through that position this year (Roarke Smith, Bailey Williams, Willl Hayes, etc).

Can change with Suckling in the back half as a defensive forward as well.
    As long as he is what we need, then height is not the issue. BUT, if we are thinking he solves a KPP role, then forget it.

Is he what we need? Who does he replace in today's team? These are all questions going through my mind.

As far as I am concerned, I would like in no particular order, another KPP backman, who can play the gorillas and is not punching out of his weight division, a small goal sneak to compliment Lloyd (ala Betts type), and an outside genuine speedy mid.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as he is what we need, then height is not the issue. BUT, if we are thinking he solves a KPP role, then forget it.

Is he what we need? Who does he replace in today's team? These are all questions going through my mind.

As far as I am concerned, I would like in no particular order, another KPP backman, who can play the gorillas and is not punching out of his weight division, a small goal sneak to compliment Lloyd (ala Betts type), and an outside genuine speedy mid.

What ever happened to Kieran Collins? Seemed to have disappeared off the radar.