Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Do we even want Wines? Is he really any better than Liberatore, or at least so much better that we have to nail ~$700k of cap space to him? (He's not)
    No, hence I didn't suggest he should come to us. I suggested Essendon.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“Trade whisper Jack Martin, Tipungwuti, Darcy Moore are all still being linked to strong interest from the Western Bulldogs ahead of trade period,” Browne told The Hot Breakfast.
    Darcy Moore still has a year left on his contract at the Pies, while both the contracts of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Jack Martin are up at the end of 2019.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Thanks josie, bornadog, bulldogtragic, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'd need to work hard to generate the high picks demanded, or give players demanded, but those three players make us a good deal better from Round 1, 2020.

Interesting that news when Moore's manager knocked back the rumour categorically.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What is the contract status of Joel Hamling? Now that his best mate Shane Kersten is no longer at Freo and with their coaching situation very much up in the air, I wonder if he would consider a move back to Melbourne? How is his father's health?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We'd need to work hard to generate the high picks demanded, or give players demanded, but those three players make us a good deal better from Round 1, 2020.

Interesting that news when Moore's manager knocked back the rumour categorically.
    I can't see Moore agreeing to come to us his pedigree suggests otherwise. I'd love him but it would be the Collingwood thing to do turn their nose up at us. That's fine. I'd like Martin and Tippa they'd be grouse.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve cooled on giving up picks/cap space for a small forward. They can be found throughout the draft if you’re adventurous enough and we have a good one ready to go in Cavarra (and West until he becomes a full blown mid).

Defensive coverage is #1, along with more speed and foot skills through the midfield.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I can't see Moore agreeing to come to us his pedigree suggests otherwise. I'd love him but it would be the Collingwood thing to do turn their nose up at us. That's fine. I'd like Martin and Tippa they'd be grouse.
    His father left Collingwood to go to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    His father left Collingwood to go to Melbourne.
    He did but they just appear to be so entrenched there. We did pick him forcing Collingwood to use their FS pick on him so he knows we're into him. I can't see him wanting to go but who knows.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He did but they just appear to be so entrenched there. We did pick him forcing Collingwood to use their FS pick on him so he knows we're into him. I can't see him wanting to go but who knows.
    I'm wary of his injury history too.

If it's Moore and nobody else (because of trade table cost) or Keath + Martin + Amon/another speedy wingman and we have used less picks, I'll take option B.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’ve cooled on giving up picks/cap space for a small forward. They can be found throughout the draft if you’re adventurous enough and we have a good one ready to go in Cavarra (and West until he becomes a full blown mid).

Defensive coverage is #1, along with more speed and foot skills through the midfield.
    Certainly agree that a KPD is our number one priority. Keath seems to be our primary target.
    I wouldn't dismiss a small forward either. Think Tippa would be an excellent addition to our team. At the moment we seem to have a lot of scoring options in our forward line, however injuries can certainly cruel that, thus some depth in this area would be beneficial.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo reckons no chance Moore to the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes saw that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes heard that tonight on the 7sport news.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

He's a good player but too injury prone. We should be able to find a suitable replacement
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's a good player but too injury prone. We should be able to find a suitable replacement
    100% agree. Has been in great form but a very risky pick. Would cost a fortune to pry free and that is huge overs IMO