Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 56 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And don't forget our interest in Smith. At least 4 players we are interested in.
    I’m not so sure Smith or Moore ones are real. Smith at the right price would be fine though. We seem to get mentioned every time Ed Langdon’s new team is guessed too. I’m not sold on him though. There’s no shortage of players linked with us, especially so far out from the trade window.

As a side note, if we trade for 3 players then Dickson can stay. If we get an unlikely 4th trade in somehow, then Dicko faces the end or a contracted player leaves. Very tight for spots when Bailey Dale signs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And none are Hail Mary, throw the sink deals. They each fill needs, though I’d imagine bringing 4 outside players is too many in one period.
    I think it will be a maximum of 3 players but most likely 2 unless there is also a player for player trade
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    This is actually incredible. How often does someone of Tipungwuti's quality (marketability, ability on field and the fact he is one of the few matchwinners Essendon has) not sign a deal prior to the end of the season and still remain. I think he is going, and i really hope we are in the box seat.
    If you needed another reason to want to see WC completely belt suitcases out of Essendon, helping Tipungwuti to feel better about leaving would surely be it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith .. we have enough Smiths even one in the coaching ranks !
    Oh my god yelling out smithy would just create havoc.
    When I was playing footy I lived with two other footballers, we all had girlfreinds called Sharon.. what a nightmare!
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Smith .. we have enough Smiths even one in the coaching ranks !
    Oh my god yelling out smithy would just create havoc.
    When I was playing footy I lived with two other footballers, we all had girlfreinds called Sharon.. what a nightmare!
    The same girl Ledge?

6. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The same girl Ledge?
    Haha yeah with three personalities ( joking )
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes Bulldog4life, Twodogs, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide won't stand in the way of Keath if he gets a longer term contract. Apparently looking at 4 years which crows won't give. Would we do 4?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Adelaide won't stand in the way of Keath if he gets a longer term contract. Apparently looking at 4 years which crows won't give. Would we do 4?
    I don't think that would be an issue. 3 would be better but with perhaps some performance triggers for the 4th

I talked to someone in the media on Sunday and he thinks we have a long list of players identified with a Plan A and then B type scenario. We will be active

11. Likes Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that would be an issue. 3 would be better but with perhaps some performance triggers for the 4th

I talked to someone in the media on Sunday and he thinks we have a long list of players identified with a Plan A and then B type scenario. We will be active
    First mistake , you talked to someone in the media. ����
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Bargain price if we are happy with his back and character:

Speaking on 3AW radio on Monday evening, Essendon great Matthew Lloyd said Carlisle would be worth “a late third-round pick at best.”

Post Thanks / Like

If he passes a medical I'm all for it. Lloyd has no idea though.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Just the medical? He's looked slow and I'd like to know why a team without key defenders are keen to find him another home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Essendon are probably keen and old mate Lloydy is doing his best to lower Carlisle’s trade value publicly.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the medical? He's looked slow and I'd like to know why a team without key defenders are keen to find him another home
    With his injury history his medical is the priority. There may be something in this that is hampering him. Of course we'd also put him through sets of drills. I think most clubs do this now. He may be struggling because he hasn't played all year but if the medical checks out I assume the club would be confident he'd slowly get his core strength up to the level it should be.

You do make a good point though. I don't think they're stressed for cap space but he must be on very big dollars. He's out of contract next year so perhaps a club has been in his ear and St Kilda are open to him moving. He'll be 28 next year and they are not in a window.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would. By year 4 Lewis Young may well have overtaken him anyway plus whoever else we draft/trade in. Would you carry a player as depth for his forth year if we got three quality years out of him in a side desperate for mature talent? I say yes.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers