Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 73 of 141 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

To me he's worth a little more than Jack Watts who was traded for pick 31. So something around mid second round.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To me he's worth a little more than Jack Watts who was traded for pick 31. So something around mid second round.
    Perfectly placed then
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Perfectly placed then
    As per my longer post with a hypothetical trade, if we can be the club that Port trade with on their pick 27 for increased draft points, that puts us in a good spot to offer up that pick 27 for Bruce (on the good side of middle second round). Whilst still having our existing 1st & 2nd rounders available for trade. St Kilda need picks for pulling off their recruiting wish list, pick 27 is good trade currency. Especially since their picks are currently 5, nothing, 55.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I know some Saints fans and they have no clue as to why they'd move him out. I rate him, if he's available id be on board.
    With Ryder in I expect Marshall to play more forward.
    King will play next year, Membrey is your perfect third banana. Bruce is a mediocre backman and has currency, they have no 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. They won't play 4 marking targets.

I can understand why they would consider it. Schache doesn't play like a legitimate KPF which is the only reason we can bring a tall in. If Schache was more a roaming CHF I would be against it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does anyone know what sort of compensation would be fair for either Carlisle and Bruce they would likely receive?

I stand to be corrected but I don't think either of them are worth a straight up first round pick.
    Carlisle is salary-dump trade territory. His back is stuffed. If he wasn't close to trigger clause territory he wouldn't have played the last two games he did.

7. Likes macca, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Carlisle is salary-dump trade territory. His back is stuffed. If he wasn't close to trigger clause territory he wouldn't have played the last two games he did.
    I hope our club reads the play with caution on Carlisle . Some post on him playing whilst injured with suggestions to make the trigger clause . I’m not trying to spread rumours but hope full due diligence is done. We don’t want an ageing player with injuries , we already see hw hannebery trade could stuff their list

Bruce has averaged 4-5.2 marks since 2015 apart from last year where he was injured . Not sure where that sits with marking averages against the afl player population

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Bruce
    He did kick 50 goals in one season 2015
    38 goals 2016
    36 goals 2017 5.2 marks average
    3rd forward who is a good mark ?

Will we get the better years out of Bruce ? Could be a good money ball trade . His connection with Bain May shed some insight into him as a player .
    I just had this crazy idea that Bruce and Cordy could play in the same team and rotate forward and back roles for a few quarters. Fits with Bevo multi-role playing style . It may be crazy idea but it could add another dimension to our team .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I hope our club reads the play with caution on Carlisle . Some post on him playing whilst injured with suggestions to make the trigger clause . I’m not trying to spread rumours but hope full due diligence is done. We don’t want an ageing player with injuries , we already see hw hannebery trade could stuff their list

Bruce has averaged 4-5.2 marks since 2015 apart from last year where he was injured . Not sure where that sits with marking averages against the afl player population

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Bruce
    He did kick 50 goals in one season 2015
    38 goals 2016
    36 goals 2017

Will we get the better years out of Bruce ? Could be a good money ball trade . His connection with Bain May shed some insight into him as a player .
    I'm not against Bruce, it may well spell the end of Gowers' career I imagine as we don't bring in senior players for depth so he absolutely plays. Schache is an endurance beast (often tops our "kms run" stats) so can play that roaming role, good field kick too.

Bailey Dale and Sam Lloyd are stamping themselves as best 22. I'm not sure Dickson gets a contract either despite his good late season form.

10. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As per Jack Martin thread, he's meeting the club (& Carlton) this week.

Also Alex Keath is in Victoria this week. Did a medical with St Kilda today.

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Alex Keath is in Victoria this week. Did a medical with St Kilda today.
    Unbelievable. What could possibly make St Kilda a more appealing destination than us.

If he likes losing games on a team with zero upside and a one-paced midfield why doesn't he just stay in Adelaide.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Unbelievable. What could possibly make St Kilda a more appealing destination than us.

If he likes losing games on a team with zero upside and a one-paced midfield why doesn't he just stay in Adelaide.
    Yep. Stevo has added that his other stops are Melbourne (why?) and Western Bulldogs. Surely he's just visiting the other two for 'competition' to drive up our offer.

Sam Power has a busy week.

Post Thanks / Like

If I looked hard enough, Saints have pick 5 and the next is 55.

However, they're linked to Hill, Tomlinson, Keath, Martin, Ryder and about 27 others.

Jack Steven might get them say pick 14-18 from Geelong. Perhaps Bruce is up for trade currency as someone they might be able to do without if they bring in Ryder etc, but say something in the second round. My first hypothetical folks:

Dogs do the Port draft points trade to acquire pick 27, we give them all three third rounders
    Dogs give 27 to St Kilda for Bruce
    Port trade Ryder to St Kilda
    Port nett an extra 470 draft points (on its own worth pick 38)
    St Kilda swap Pick 55 for Port's 66
    St Kilda give Dogs 2020 future third rounder

The plausibility question:

Port - turn pick 27 & Ryder into the equivalent of Pick 14 in draft points (The range of Mead being bid on) (still hold their first rounder) - seems OK as they are FS heavy after using their first rounder on the best available. These points guarantee and secure Mead, even going high, and the string of picks in the 60's they have can cover and guarantee Burgoyne and/or any live trading to get some return in draft points trading. A very good position to be in.

St Kilda - in effect trade Bruce for pick 27, and trade in Ryder for a 2020 Third Rounder and a very minor fourth round swap this year. They then use pick 27 on whichever trade target. - also seems like a solid win for St Kilda.

Dogs - trade out their three third rounders, to get Pick 27, on-traded to St Kilda who trade us Bruce as well as a 2020 Third Rounder to help us cover our Priority Access Kids (to cover our payment to Port this year). Seems pretty reasonable too from just a trade isolated from everything else, we would effectively flip St Kilda's third rounder this year (which we have) into St Kilda's third rounder next year when we really need the points (good result). In effect, two third rounders (draft points equal to pick 26) for Bruce is a win.

Might need some tweaking, but I want to points trade with Port. Ryder may go to St Kilda. Bruce is of our interest. Seems like something to think about.

This would leave us with Bruce and currently picks 12+ (Martin) and 30+ (Keath). Then no live picks this draft until pick 84 unless we can jag something for a contracted fringe player. Or perhaps we do something with our first rounder next year, such as trade it down in return for a pick this year. Also, Bevo has talked about holding the list together, so maybe there's a school of thought about elevating La Young and one other Khamis/Smith and only using one live pick at the draft. So there's plenty of options. Anyhoo.
    Love your work BT but there is no way Geelong will give up a first round for Steven. 3rd round far more likely.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Love your work BT but there is no way Geelong will give up a first round for Steven. 3rd round far more likely.
    That’d be even better for us. To go hard at Brad Hill, Zak Jones, Paddy Ryder, Hugh Greenwood, Brad Crouch and hopefully for us not land Keath, they’re going to need to find more decent picks. Bruce for that Port Pick 27 might just be the trade that sets them up to land a bag of them. If we do really like Bruce it’s an opportunity.

Seems the strongest names with us are Bruce, with Martin & Keath meetings this week. With the pick 27 we can pull off all three trades, with future draft picks and left over cap room. That draft points trade could be vital. Hopefully Sam Power can get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour is Tex Walker not happy with Adelaide club and town.Could be worth a phone call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Rumour is Tex Walker not happy with Adelaide club and town.Could be worth a phone call.
    Oh, hell no. He is super cooked.

20. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    And they've brought in Pavlich and Dunstall to chair the review, meanwhile players are reputedly fuming about a questionnaire that's less than flattering for Pyke.

Imploding in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

*grabs pocorn*

Want absolutely no part of Tex. Go strut it up at some other shitbox club champ.
    BORDERLINE FLYING