Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Should we be chasing Jamie Elliot or not? Apparently Melbourne is trying.
    I can't remember the journo, but he said Hawthorn were offering him 4 years. (Coll 2 years, Melb 3 years).

I don't mind the idea of it. But at four we'd need to be certain about his body.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I can't remember the journo, but he said Hawthorn were offering him 4 years. (Coll 2 years, Melb 3 years).

I don't mind the idea of it. But at four we'd need to be certain about his body.
    Free agent Jamie Elliott will have a clearer indication of his footy future by the end of Thursday, with the gun forward to meet with Collingwood as up to four rival clubs circle.
    Uncontracted for 2020, Elliott remains somewhat in limbo despite a strong finish to his 2019 campaign, including 11 goals from his past four games.

Elliott hasn’t signed the two-year offer that’s in front of him from Collingwood, but longer and more lucrative contracts are reportedly available elsewhere.

Melbourne has been the biggest rival player, reportedly offering Elliott a three-year deal, while Hawthorn, the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne have also been linked.

Elliott’s manager Adam Ramanauskas told RSN Breakfast Club on Thursday morning there was no timeline on his client’s call and that Elliott didn’t know all the information surrounding his footy future at the moment.

“He’ll have all the information probably by the end of today after he’s finished speaking with Collingwood,” he told RSN Breakfast Club.

Ramanauskas added he, too, would know more about Elliott’s situation by the end of Thursday.

“He’s going away for a couple of weeks on Saturday to see his brother, so I think he’ll decide on what happens there,” he said.

“He’s got a few options. I mean, he’s a good player.”

Elliott has played 105 games for the Pies across seven seasons, but his past few years have been injury-interrupted, including a 2018 campaign that didn’t see him play a match.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...424e8b36ab8e4e

3. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Morris of Fox Footy did his weekly blog:

- ignore Ratten’s bluster. It gets done with a second rounder
    - not likely to get either Elliott or Sam Gray
    - asked for any other dogs trade targets; none given
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks Mofra, The Doctor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Elliot, 4 years, good money, do it.
    Tell him to bring along Moore as well
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Would be mad to give 4 years to Elliot.
    Has never played more than 20 games in a season. Missed 2016 and 2018 entirely with injury.

3 years with some caveats attached should be best offer.

8. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On ability alone you would
    He’s way to injury prone

Post Thanks / Like

Just reading that the Collingwood list manager is actively trying to get a first rounder this year, having already traded this year's first for Beams. With Keath & Bruce, should we take pick 13 to the draft or see what quality of player they're prepared to offered up to try to get them something like pick 13?

On a complete side issue, Liam Pickering the manager of Darcy Moore today was wanting Collingwood to provide his client a new contract (passed 2020) or an update about where they see him going ahead.

Who would Collingwwod realistically let go, that is worth a first rounder?

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we didn't have Keath stitched up I'd suggest they're welcome to 13 for Moore with requisite swapping of steak knives.

We really need a pacy, tackle-happy crumber who's confident in their craft.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just reading that the Collingwood list manager is actively trying to get a first rounder this year, having already traded this year's first for Beams. With Keath & Bruce, should we take pick 13 to the draft or see what quality of player they're prepared to offered up to try to get them something like pick 13?

On a complete side issue, Liam Pickering the manager of Darcy Moore today was wanting Collingwood to provide his client a new contract (passed 2020) or an update about where they see him going ahead.

Who would Collingwwod realistically let go, that is worth a first rounder?
    And who would also fill one of our outstanding needs?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    If we didn't have Keath stitched up I'd suggest they're welcome to 13 for Moore with requisite swapping of steak knives.

We really need a pacy, tackle-happy crumber who's confident in their craft.
    I don't think Collingwood will put up Stephensen or De Goey. Maybe Hawthorn at Pick 10 would jump at Moore & swaps. Frost & Moore would give them a long term defence with Sicily.

I'm not sure they've got anyone to get them into the first round that they'd give up other than Moore. I could be convinced if we moved things around:

KPD: Moore, Keath, Le Young & Cordy
    Ruck: English, JT (no insurance ruckman needed anymore), Sweet
    KPF: Bruce, Naughton, Schache, (Ugle-Hagan)

Agree on the high pressure small forward though.

Post Thanks / Like

Of the small forwards, whose all but confirmed as being out there?

Butler, Gray, Taylor?

I'd love to know what Sam Lloyd thinks of Dan Butler. They would've played a fair bit of footy together.

Post Thanks / Like

Even getting Keath I think that landing Moore would be absolutely perfect for the club. This might mean we get to keep Trengove as our back up ruck solving that issue, with Cordy and Young fighting it out for the third tall spot (given both are still a bit of an unknown quantity).

How does this look:

Young/Cordy, Moore, Wood
    Crozier, Keath, JJ

Would I give up pick 13 to see that? Yes I would.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Even getting Keath I think that landing Moore would be absolutely perfect for the club. This might mean we get to keep Trengove as our back up ruck solving that issue, with Cordy and Young fighting it out for the third tall spot (given both are still a bit of an unknown quantity).

How does this look:

Young/Cordy, Moore, Wood
    Crozier, Keath, JJ

I strongly, strongly dislike Collingwood, but after watching almost all their games over the last two years thanks to my partner, I hold Moore as one of the best defenders, if not, the best, in the league.

pick 13 for him? You *!*!*!*!ing bet I would.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

How does this look:

Young/Cordy, Moore, Wood
    Crozier, Keath, JJ

I can't see Collingwood entertaining the the notion of trading him away for pick 13 and the other challenge is that he while he played 17 sames for the Pies this year he was injured in a few of them and didn't finish out some of the games

On ability it would be a great addition but there is a bit of work to do on if he is durable enough
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Keath finished 9th in Crow's B and F.