Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 24 of 141 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    In terms of big key back - then perhaps yes. But Tomlinson has a few strings to his bow. One of which being a huge capacity to run, and an ability to play many positions (which we know that Bevo loves). The problem for me is more that he might cost a bit to get out of GWS and whether the cost is too high to get a decent footballer, but one without a really defined role of where he'd play.
    Media reported earlier in the year we were going to target him as a forward.
    I'm not sure I've seen him play forward, he has played everywhere else (even chopped out in the ruck this year).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Rory Thompson at? I assume he's been out injured this season.
    Good size. 100 games under his belt.
    Did his ACL pre-season and then re-signed until the end of 2023.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That rules out Tomlinson for me.
    What if I said he’s 1cm shorter than Rance?

Post Thanks / Like

Same height as Cordy. Probably a stretch playing on the real bigs.
    Cordy is officially listed as 193cm and 90kgs. Tomlinson is 194cm and 96kgs, the exact same measurements as Alex Rance.

I don't know if he is capable of playing key back but height alone certainly doesn't rule him out. People often seem to focus on height but weight and strength are just as important, just ask anyone that's played on Dale Morris.

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Cordy is officially listed as 193cm and 90kgs. Tomlinson is 194cm and 96kgs, the exact same measurements as Alex Rance.

I don't know if he is capable of playing key back but height alone certainly doesn't rule him out. People often seem to focus on height but weight and strength are just as important, just ask anyone that's played on Dale Morris.
    Agreed. I think if we could trade in a gorilla forward taker, then I think Tomlinson is a perfect fit for the CHF/second tall (height, strength, ability and running power) and Cordy gets the third tall to monster and go third man up (a job I think he will excel at). I really like this set up surrounded by Daniel, Crozier, JJ, Williams, etc, etc. If we can keep scoring next year, but improve the back 6 and get team defence going, we should see a quick rise in fortunes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a suggestion of Aidan Corr from GWS on another site. I don't know much about him but he's a 25 year old key defender at 195cm and 97kgs. Free agent at the end of 2020 so a deal may be possible this year. 77 games but only 2 this season (plus 3 in the NEAFL) so obviously has had some injury issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen much of Alex Keith this year, but he's having a good year. Media reports say Victorian teams are out to get him and he's still not yet contracted. Is he capable of locking down a gorilla, or does he need a bit more space to intercept?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I haven't seen much of Alex Keith this year, but he's having a good year. Media reports say Victorian teams are out to get him and he's still not yet contracted. Is he capable of locking down a gorilla, or does he need a bit more space to intercept?
    He doesn't take the really big guys at the Crows. Elite interceptor, and weirdly the Demons are going hard for him.
    Very late start to his career, Vic boy but spent years playing cricket in SA before joining the crows. Ex-Suns academy kid who chose cricket over footy as a teenager.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He doesn't take the really big guys at the Crows. Elite interceptor, and weirdly the Demons are going hard for him.
    Very late start to his career, Vic boy but spent years playing cricket in SA before joining the crows. Ex-Suns academy kid who chose cricket over footy as a teenager.
    She should look at a big mature ruckman too while they’re at it

Post Thanks / Like

Joking? If you look at the websites for both clubs we have Cordy listed at 191cm and they have Tomlinson at 194cm
    From a purely football perspective, Tomlinson is a better player than Cordy and I rate Cordy. He's not the gorilla you might want be he is a better player than a number of our defenders
    We need an additional defender and he is an upgrade of what we have. I don't get the negativity if it's just based on a few cm's
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What if I said he’s 1cm shorter than Rance?
    But can he ruck
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Joking? If you look at the websites for both clubs we have Cordy listed at 191cm and they have Tomlinson at 194cm
    From a purely football perspective, Tomlinson is a better player than Cordy and I rate Cordy. He's not the gorilla you might want be he is a better player than a number of our defenders
    We need an additional defender and he is an upgrade of what we have. I don't get the negativity if it's just based on a few cm's
    I don't rate him as a KPP, and I don't think we need him based on the players we have.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't rate him as a KPP, and I don't think we need him based on the players we have.
    Why not, Dunks does it!

Post Thanks / Like

But can he ruck
    Apparently he has this year so sounds good to me

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not what you said, you were told he was the same size as Cordy and you then ruled a line from him. He's 3cm taller based on the websites.

Out of curiosity who do we have that's better than him? This year he's averaging more possessions than Cordy, taking 2.5 more marks per game than Wood and he's also getting a few hitouts covering in the ruck. He's even averaging more disposals than Crozier

If you don't rate him that's okay, but it appears you were all too quick to rule a line though him because you thought he was 191cm. That doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense to me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"