Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 55 of 141 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’d prefer Keath. Less banged up, probably a little cheaper and off field baggage isn’t an issue.
    Baggies / baggage same same
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Twodogs, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From Sept 2015: The Hun:

THE Western Bulldogs are keen on wantaway Bomber Jake Carlisle, but coach Luke Beveridge admits he is frustrated with the process.

A number of clubs have been linked to Carlisle, including St Kilda after coach Alan Richardson confirmed his club’s interest, after the defender requested a trade out of Essendon.

Beveridge says he is “uncomfortable” with his club’s inability to get itself in front of Carlisle without putting an offer on the table first, as seems to be the course of action in the modern market.

“Sometimes the cart gets put before the horse when really, the conversation and the chat about the person should be the thing that happens first,” Beveridge told SEN.

“We’re working through that.

------------

Bevo wasn't unhappy with Carlisle, but his manager. There were also proven false rumours flying around him at the time too. Bevo clearly didn't think he was a dickhead then. I wonder if Bevo is still keen?

He's a type we want. But if he's going to demand huge money, that back injury would need to be signed off by the surgeons and medico's. The injury and big money is something that leads me to hesitation.
    Wasn’t there a rumour that Jake’s manager rocked up only . Interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs seriously in the frame for Martin & Keath!! Get both and its huge. Force Tippa out and we've addressed all three needs.
    That would be brilliant
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle is what we need absolute gun. He's hardly banged up had a year off and is 27 I'd go hard at him. So he pretended (lolz) to snort a bit of coke so what. In a good side he'd be a machine.

Reckon we're into him big time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Carlisle is what we need absolute gun. He's hardly banged up had a year off and is 27 I'd go hard at him. So he pretended (lolz) to snort a bit of coke so what. In a good side he'd be a machine.

Reckon we're into him big time.
    He had some serious back surgery and missed half this year because of it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle comes into work, his partner is from up this way so hes got good taste in food and coffee. Hes polite too. I'd happily take him.
    The curse is dead.

8. Thanks bornadog, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Stevo

Jack Martin a super player. Huge currency/upside. Was close to going to Dogs originally, his family met club and was content with kennel. Dogs going hard again.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good early noises on Martin & Keath. And Tippa is still unsigned and the other main raiding club was Carlton who have moved onto Papley.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good early noises on Martin & Keath. And Tippa is still unsigned and the other main raiding club was Carlton who have moved onto Papley.
    This is actually incredible. How often does someone of Tipungwuti's quality (marketability, ability on field and the fact he is one of the few matchwinners Essendon has) not sign a deal prior to the end of the season and still remain. I think he is going, and i really hope we are in the box seat.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He had some serious back surgery and missed half this year because of it.
    I know but I don't think he's banged up
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I remember Williams being traded in the media, there was Adelaide & St Kilda having strong interest. He could be important for landing either Keath or Carlisle (if we wanted him).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    This is actually incredible. How often does someone of Tipungwuti's quality (marketability, ability on field and the fact he is one of the few matchwinners Essendon has) not sign a deal prior to the end of the season and still remain. I think he is going, and i really hope we are in the box seat.
    Goneski

Post Thanks / Like

When we played Essendon there were a few times Tippa was clear but the ball carrier ignored him and went with another option. I thought that it was interesting.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

And don't forget our interest in Smith. At least 4 players we are interested in.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And don't forget our interest in Smith. At least 4 players we are interested in.
    And none are Hail Mary, throw the sink deals. They each fill needs, though I’d imagine bringing 4 outside players is too many in one period.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.