Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 69 of 141 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

According to Jay Clark the Suns are in the hunt for Isaac Smith.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And Burgoyne. May as well try and talk Roughy out of retirement too. Surely they would have given Michael Tuck and Don Scott and call as well?

3. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So what are we left with ? The bare bones ? I wouldn’t mind backing we are into someone big and no one knows then “bang” it’s announced, just like the Tom Boyd scenario.
    Just remember we are still in finals and deals get done in October.
    99% of what we read is media speculation except when it’s players re-signing or they actually make it know by manager or themselves.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We're not getting Tippa
    Should we ask Eddie Betts what his plans for the next couple of years are? We could do a lot worse than sign him to play for us while we develop other small forward options. Eddie has one more year to go on his contract, if we extended it to two then I reckon he would agree to that. Eddie would also be the ideal type to help set up our indigenous academy and how good would it be for a young indigenous kid to play a year or two with Eddie Betts and then transition into the role Eddie was playing with Eddie's encouragement and instruction? There wouldn't be many more admired players than Eddie Betts for a young indigenous to look up to.

It could be the start of a long and beautiful mutually beneficial relationship both on and off field for him and us now and into the future.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So what are we left with ? The bare bones ? I wouldn’t mind backing we are into someone big and no one knows then “bang” it’s announced, just like the Tom Boyd scenario.
    Just remember we are still in finals and deals get done in October.
    99% of what we read is media speculation except when it’s players re-signing or they actually make it know by manager or themselves.
    I thought the Boyd deal was pretty much done and dusted and we had been negotiating with him (or Tom's manager Liam Pickering) for most of 2014. The only main change was it was bought forward by a year when the Griffin news broke and we were looking for a trade to make it happen. So instead of us trading for Boyd in the 2015 trade period we got it done in the 2014 period instead and made it Boyd for pick 7 and Ryan Griffin because the circumstances arose to do it.

GWS weren't happy about it at the time and us winning a flag on the back of Tom Boyd's heroics has made them even less happy but you know what? *!*!*!*! them. *!*!*!*! them with a big stick inserted where the sun don't shine in the least comfortable manner possible. We won a flag and they didn't!!!!!!! Both of their supporters can climb up onto my middle finger, insert and spin around until they are giddy and fall off.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard the rumour that we are into Port tall defender Howard?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Anyone heard the rumour that we are into Port tall defender Howard?
    Mofra posted about it in the previous page.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Riccuito on the radio today said that if Betts gets to Carlton Keath will almost certainly re-sign with the Crows on slightly more money.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Excellent
    Whats your problem with Smith?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, but we have still have had a decent turnover.

I really don't understand why we gave Porter another year
    It's an interesting one. You could look at the fact he'd been named emergency a few times at the end of this year and say he's not far off due to good form at Footscray, or you could look at it as if we're hoping someone is interested.

I'd be shocked if it was the latter. Duplicitous behaviour from an employer does nothing for company moral, footy clubs are no different.

If he's tracking in the right direction and his performances have improved, then signing him for one more year on a low contract makes more sense than drafting another kid with a high draft pick. Porter's already had a couple of years in our system and has had exposure to life as an AFL footballer. That counts for a bit.

We get bedazzled by draft picks and what they might become. The reality is someone picked late in the draft is likely to be pretty much the same or worse than Porter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Whats your problem with Smith?
    Oh yeah, this exchange should be heaps of fun and completely different............
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Riccuito on the radio today said that if Betts gets to Carlton Keath will almost certainly re-sign with the Crows on slightly more money.
    Lame. Keath is a perfect fit and my read is we're up to our eyeballs.

My Carlton mate, who bats about .500, reckons the Kerr talk is legit. I don't hate it and don't understand why he didn't play more this year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, but we have still have had a decent turnover.

I really don't understand why we gave Porter another year
    Not every player is capable of playing senior football in their first season and often players selected in the back end of a draft like Porter was need a bit more time
    I don't think we are a club that drafts a youngster and gives up on them within 12 months or so especially if their attitude is good.

Chris Grant made it very clear we got the players we wanted that year and that included Porter, that alone buys him more than a season on the list I'd think.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    And Burgoyne. May as well try and talk Roughy out of retirement too. Surely they would have given Michael Tuck and Don Scott and call as well?
    Burgoyne and Isaac Smith are the type of experienced players they need to stabilise their program.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes 1eyedog liked this post