Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 70 of 141 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Whats your problem with Smith?
    Smith would be walk up start best 22.

Smith would be playing in our first final in place of either Hayes or Richards which I have no issue with.

I for one am very keen for Smith to join our club.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lame. Keath is a perfect fit and my read is we're up to our eyeballs.

My Carlton mate, who bats about .500, reckons the Kerr talk is legit. I don't hate it and don't understand why he didn't play more this year.

What is the Kerr talk?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Oh yeah, this exchange should be heaps of fun and completely different............
    But I don't understand why considering Smith with a late pick is seen as a problem. Do you?

The facts are he's been exceptionally durable playing at least 20 games a season, except for this year with 19, and a very consistent 22 plus disposal per game performer for a number of years. I'm not clear on why other clubs expressing interest in him is seen as
    "excellent" unless he is secretly Smith's manager.

Your probably right though, I should just look at their DOB and fill in the blanks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What is the Kerr talk?
    That we're interested in Pat Kerr who just got chopped from the Blues.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Not every player is capable of playing senior football in their first season and often players selected in the back end of a draft like Porter was need a bit more time
    I don't think we are a club that drafts a youngster and gives up on them within 12 months or so especially if their attitude is good.

Chris Grant made it very clear we got the players we wanted that year and that included Porter, that alone buys him more than a season on the list I'd think.
    Porter has had 2 years without form that demands a senior game.

By reports his Footscay form has been very good this year and he has probably earned the 1 yr extension.

I think his issue with us is that he is behind a lot in the queue for an inside midfield role.

Nothing I have seen or heard suggests he has other attributes.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Porter has had 2 years without form that demands a senior game.

By reports his Footscay form has been very good this year and he has probably earned the 1 yr extension.

I think his issue with us is that he is behind a lot in the queue for an inside midfield role.

Nothing I have seen or heard suggests he has other attributes.
    I'm not sure if he will make it or not for the reasons you have detailed above but we did appear to commit to him with the extension
    Getting named in the extended bench indicates he's around the mark but still has plenty of work to do.
    The question for me is around if two years in the system is enough to make that call?

We do bat deep in his best position

Post Thanks / Like

Not every player is capable of playing senior football in their first season and often players selected in the back end of a draft like Porter was need a bit more time
    I don't think we are a club that drafts a youngster and gives up on them within 12 months or so especially if their attitude is good.

Chris Grant made it very clear we got the players we wanted that year and that included Porter, that alone buys him more than a season on the list I'd think.
    Young Porter has improved heaps this year and they are the ones you want to keep. I think in his last game or second last he had over 30 possessions. Big improvement from when he started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Young Porter has improved heaps this year and they are the ones you want to keep. I think in his last game or second last he had over 30 possessions. Big improvement from when he started.
    The VFL finals series probably shapes as an important one for him. The challenge for him going forward is more around consistency of performance. A few more games like that might open the door for him down the track

Post Thanks / Like

The VFL finals series probably shapes as an important one for him. The challenge for him going forward is more around consistency of performance. A few more games like that might open the door for him down the track
    True. Being named emergency a couple of times is a good indication of what the club think of him too.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we could somehow package up something for both Keath and bulldogs supporting Ned McHenry? Maybe our first and something in the 30’s?

Could be a solution to the small, pressure forward and he does seem excess to Adelaide’s needs. Frankly, I am astounded they picked him when they also drafted Stengle and McAdam in the same draft (while also having a queue of blokes waiting for Eddie Betts to fall over.

12. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Should we ask Eddie Betts what his plans for the next couple of years are? We could do a lot worse than sign him to play for us while we develop other small forward options. Eddie has one more year to go on his contract, if we extended it to two then I reckon he would agree to that. Eddie would also be the ideal type to help set up our indigenous academy and how good would it be for a young indigenous kid to play a year or two with Eddie Betts and then transition into the role Eddie was playing with Eddie's encouragement and instruction? There wouldn't be many more admired players than Eddie Betts for a young indigenous to look up to.

It could be the start of a long and beautiful mutually beneficial relationship both on and off field for him and us now and into the future.
    I would go along with this

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have no problem having Betts in a forward pocket next year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I wonder if we could somehow package up something for both Keath and bulldogs supporting Ned McHenry? Maybe our first and something in the 30’s?

Could be a solution to the small, pressure forward and he does seem excess to Adelaide’s needs. Frankly, I am astounded they picked him when they also drafted Stengle and McAdam in the same draft (while also having a queue of blokes waiting for Eddie Betts to fall over.
    With all the names that appear to be on the trading block for Adelaide I can't see why they would consider an offer for McHenry

Last year they drafted Jones and McHenry, the 2 years before that Fogarty and Gallucci.
    I'd imagine they would be wanting to build this years draft strategy around those guys and trying to add 4 first and second round picks to support them.

Post Thanks / Like

With all the names that appear to be on the trading block for Adelaide I can't see why they would consider an offer for McHenry
    I was thinking that too. He fits the bill. Maybe some kind of package deal involving Keath?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That we're interested in Pat Kerr who just got chopped from the Blues.
    I knew his brother Wayne....
    I'm sorry I'm sorry I know, the 12 year old in me couldnt resist.

18. Likes GVGjr, Bulldog4life liked this post