Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 85 of 141 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Sounds promising. I think Smith will also be quite a strong player after a few seasons.
    He was clearly overawed yesterday, reminded me of his JLT performances. He won’t be that bad again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    With Dunks, Bont, Macrae, Libba and Wallis on the list, I think we’re ok with inside grunt. Yesterday was just a bad day collectively for our mid group. I think English’s lack of strength at ground level was a factor, Mummy just crashed and bashed which helped their mids out big time. Timmy needs another huge preseason filled with steak, protein shakes and deadlifts.
    All that sounds like a plan for Tim but he would not want to lose his mobility. I tend to think it's going to be another development year in the physical sense for him in 2020.

I do think there is some merit in having a player capable of coming into the side in a run with or tagging capacity
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Sounds promising. I think Smith will also be quite a strong player after a few seasons.
    He's been a massive bonus this year. I still can't believe he played all games after having such an injury interrupted pre-season
    He is going to hurt sides with his speed and long kicking abilities for a long time to come.

Post Thanks / Like

He was clearly overawed yesterday, reminded me of his JLT performances. He won’t be that bad again.
    Agreed, he's a fast learner and he will probably try and work harder if that is at all possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    All that sounds like a plan for Tim but he would not want to lose his mobility. I tend to think it's going to be another development year in the physical sense for him in 2020.

I do think there is some merit in having a player capable of coming into the side in a run with or tagging capacity
    Could Libba do it?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Could Libba do it?
    It's his destiny.

Post Thanks / Like

Could Libba do it?
    He could but I wouldn't be confident he would want to do it week after week.

What about Bailey Williams?
    Last edited by GVGjr; 08-09-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: extra information

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    We need a bull in a china shop midfielder.

So here's a left field suggestion - should we be looking at a Ollie Wines or Sam Pepper Powell style of trade?
    Nope. We are fine for inside mids. They just got bullied out of it yesterday by a very aggressive and hard working GWS side.

Trading for Wines would be like Collingwood's trade for Beams. Super expensive for no significant benefit to their side. We would be waving goodbye to 2 good picks for a player that offers no point of difference to our other mids and means we can't get what we truly need.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Dunks, Bont, Macrae, Libba and Wallis on the list, I think we’re ok with inside grunt. Yesterday was just a bad day collectively for our mid group. I think English’s lack of strength at ground level was a factor, Mummy just crashed and bashed which helped their mids out big time. Timmy needs another huge preseason filled with steak, protein shakes and deadlifts.
    We obviously have an elite midfield group, but they are sometimes prone to not applying anywhere near the requisite defensive work on their direct opponents. Carlton led by Cripps embarrassed our midfield earlier this year with far superior defensive workrate, and if you allow elite players of the calibre of Whitfield, Taranto and Hopper to do as they please in the midfield, yesterday is what happens. If we aren't going to adopt a hard tag, there is no excuse for our mids not to take responsibility for a direct opponents at stoppages, especially while we still have a raw developing ruckman who cannot yet dictate when the ball will go at a stoppage.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We obviously have an elite midfield group, but they are sometimes prone to not applying anywhere near the requisite defensive work on their direct opponents. Carlton led by Cripps embarrassed our midfield earlier this year with far superior defensive workrate, and if you allow elite players of the calibre of Whitfield, Taranto and Hopper to do as they please in the midfield, yesterday is what happens. If we aren't going to adopt a hard tag, there is no excuse for our mids not to take responsibility for a direct opponents at stoppages, especially while we still have a raw developing ruckman who cannot yet dictate when the ball will go at a stoppage.
    I reckon you're right on all fronts. This is where Libba can be really good for us, he balances out the attributes of the other guys. Jacko can do a bit of it as well, but with Dunks and Bont down we needed him offencively yesterday.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

From Nixon

Lin Jong Gold Coast is keen

Tory Dickson looks most likely he will stay

Talks going around Bulldogs will sign Bailey Williams

Fletcher Roberts has been linked to Essendon & Gold Coast Sun.

Josh Bruce set to request a trade to the Western Bulldogs most likely 3-5 year deal
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes Sedat, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He’s far better than Hayes. It’s a simple one for mine.

The one I really want is Bruce, we need an aggressive key forward who can go into the ruck. He’s it.
    Smith could easily take Richard's spot too at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Smith could easily take Richard's spot too at this point.
    I would think Smith to take Hayes spot in the team. I thought Richards did alright when on Kelly. Definitely not our worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith is a big yes from me. Since it was first raised I was on board.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I would think Smith to take Hayes spot in the team. I thought Richards did alright when on Kelly. Definitely not our worst.
    Not our worst but he'd be an upgrade on either. Richards will get better though. Not sure on Hayes