Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 102 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

No to Smith for anything inside the 2nd round.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a reason to pay in draft picks for a salary cap dump. Hawks didn't give anything up for Scully so why would we for Smith?

Post Thanks / Like

Must be April 1
    No way on earth we’d do that !

Post Thanks / Like

It would be ultimate insanity at his age. That "journo" should probably give it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No to Smith for anything inside the 2nd round.
    We wouldn't or should I say shouldn't offer anything much better than a 3rd round pick unless something decent was coming back to us. I rate him as a player but as good as he is we can't offer too much for his services.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

.@TomBrowne7
    says Isaac Smith will stay at Hawthorn, while St Kilda are firming in the race for Alex Keath and Zak Jones.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    C'mon, it's not all doom and gloom, I don't mind that we have to work a bit harder than some others

We've done OK on the recruiting front and we will no doubt continue that trend this year
    Yeah I dunno, every time I get excited we are going to grab a very good footballer we seem to end up the bridesmaid.

Maybe the cheaper role players might be the better option for us once again and we take our top end picks to the draft.
    The curse is dead.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    .@TomBrowne7
    says Isaac Smith will stay at Hawthorn, while St Kilda are firming in the race for Alex Keath and Zak Jones.
    I'm not sure how they get Hill, Keath & Jones (maybe Ryder). The Bruce pick takes out Zak Jones, tick. Freo are demanding pick 5 outright and trading it early is going to piss Bell off. Pick 55 won't get Keath. Geelong's third rounder or so for Steven won't cover Keath either. Then they're trying to get Ryder as well. They're going to have to get creative or offer up future picks to pull all these trades off. If they do, they're a destination club after years and years of onfield and off field failure...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    .@TomBrowne7
    Sounds to me like no one has a clue regarding Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

You never know. If we've sounded out Howard we may have cooled on Keath. Lots to play out.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath choosing Saints over us is a weird move from him and slightly embarrassing to us I guess too.

Hope Bruce still happens.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Keath choosing Saints over us is a weird move from him and slightly embarrassing to us I guess too.

If Keath chooses St Kilda we keep pick 12, offer our second and a third. They'll need it for other deals and the ball will be in our court.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly not embarrassing if the Saints are overpaying.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Keath situation Seems to change daily
    I think there’s a bit of guesswork going on

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I dunno, every time I get excited we are going to grab a very good footballer we seem to end up the bridesmaid.

Maybe the cheaper role players might be the better option for us once again and we take our top end picks to the draft.
    I think the way I would look at it if I was you is like Chelsea have a ban on them trading for players at the moment and yet I sense you are still taking great delight at seeing some of the many talented youngsters they already have coming through. That might be our plight and it can still make for an exciting time at the club...well at least for me.

If some players are picking other clubs over us then they are poor decision makers in my humble opinion and I'm sure we will just find more deserving players by the end of the trade period.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes chef, Grantysghost, Remi Moses liked this post