Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 98 of 141 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Choc isn't a black fella. I posted last week about the coach-level approach. Xavier Clarke is in a good system and is highly respected. We need some new ideas and while his focus might be solely on football he could certainly advise on the digi program and be used to encourage / meet with / provide mentorship for koorie talent.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting rumours that we are interested in Lachie Fogarty from Geelong.

Makes perfect sense to me, he was a tackling machine as a junior and is a Jets boy, played for Spotwood as a junior IIRC. 180cm, could really fill a pressure forward role for us or play a run-with role at a pinch too.
    Last edited by Mofra; 17-09-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting rumours that we are interested in Lacie Fogarty from Geelong.

Makes perfect sense to me, he was a tackling machine as a junior and is a Jets boy, played for Spotwood as a junior IIRC. 180cm, could really fill a pressure forward role for us or play a run-with role at a pinch too.
    Think he was a Bulldog's supporter too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Think he was a Bulldog's supporter too?
    Pretty sure he was. A lot on here wanted him, I think GVGjr was leading the call from memory.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting rumours that we are interested in Lacie Fogarty from Geelong.

Be great to attract a local back from the beaches of Barwon to the delights of life in the west of Melbourne the way Geelong does with local kids from Geelong at other clubs.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting rumours that we are interested in Lachie Fogarty from Geelong.

I don't mind this. Has he been injured this year or just on the outer? Played 15 games in his first year. Highish draft pick and a strong body perhaps he'd like more opportunity.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I don't mind this. Has he been injured this year or just on the outer? Played 15 games in his first year. Highish draft pick and a strong body perhaps he'd like more opportunity.
    11 VFL games this year. 2 AFEL games.

Edit: 5.12 in his AFEL career to date. Assuming he missed a few all together, that's 25% accuracy...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'd imagine Geeelong's recruiting of pressure forwards (Dahlhaus, Atkins, Rohan) last year is the issue. He's now behind a few in the pecking order.
    You'd have to think he's 'gettable' based on Geelong's list, plus the obvious local links.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    11 VFL games this year. 2 AFEL games.

Edit: 5.12 in his AFEL career to date. Assuming he missed a few all together, that's 25% accuracy...
    Good.

We won't need to do anything with his goalkicking as he is already primed for our normal system.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

No to Fogarty. His strengths at the junior level have been badly mitigated by a lack of size and athleticism in the top tier.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No to Fogarty. His strengths at the junior level have been badly mitigated by a lack of size and athleticism in the top tier.
    Well I think at 20 years of age he's probably going to get bigger, and you know, develop his game.

What's his speed like?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

How big do you need to be to play as a pressure forward / tagger? He looks strong enough and is 19.

Highlights are inherently bias but speed doesn't look like a problem.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 17-09-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When you type into Google "Alex Keath..." In the top 5 spots it predicts "Bulldogs". So I went with that and read a piece on SEN that in as early as July of this year we were heavily into Keath and looking at acquiring him. The 'list manager' was quoted in the piece as saying he was the perfect fit/type of defender for our club (if you take him seriously).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well I think at 20 years of age he's probably going to get bigger, and you know, develop his game.

What's his speed like?
    Possibly, but what has he actually *done* in his two years in the AFL to pique any interest? I've been pretty unimpressed with what I've seen and don't see the upside to warrant the chase.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, but what has he actually *done* in his two years in the AFL to pique any interest? I've been pretty unimpressed with what I've seen and don't see the upside to warrant the chase.
    Here's a comparison with Rhylee West, who has only played a few games but might have numbers either positively or negatively affected by that.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...t1=2018&fid2=S

How do we rate Rhylee?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.