Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141
Results 2,101 to 2,106 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    And agreed Robertson's unlikely to gel with Bevo's modus operandi - but on the question of 'good enough' how many senior games does anyone think he'd play next year if we picked him up? More than the five he played this year?
    I think none as he wouldn't suit Bevo's way. But if we are looking to tinker, perhaps 25!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need to look no further than Sam Lloyd's impact with us this year as an example of of someone with a particular skill that was a good fit for our club
    Yep, trading is all about finding value for your club that is low value to another club. The determination on value can be based on future planning (i.e. Bruce and Keath) or things like too many players of similar ilk and not enough space to fit them all in which is exactly what we benefited from with Lloyd - who was an amazing get in last year's post season. Seriously, Lloyd could have been a dual premiership player with Richmond if the cards had have fallen just a bit differently for him. Someone of his talent could be good enough to play in any premiership team on ability and impact, unfortunately for him Richmond's panel thought differently of the team they needed to field to win a flag, but in the end his inclusion or omission wouldn't have had a material impact on their success or otherwise. They'd have most likely found a way to get it done if he was in the team.

Players also benefit from a fresh start and a new environment. We should be able to trust our program to get the best out of anyone who we bring in.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Small forwards and tight-checking mids are the two list gaps that stand out.
    Spot on

Post Thanks / Like

Small forwards and tight-checking mids are the two list gaps that stand out now.
    I was thinking about this last week and wondering if that's why we kept Porter, but the solution could be starting at us in the face.

You need someone who is light on his feet at the stoppage, and one of the best at it in the comp (according to opposition players) is on our list.
    You need an elite tackler, and the same guy is a tackling freak.
    He also has family history. It's in his blood.

Libba, come on down.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I was thinking about this last week and wondering if that's why we kept Porter, but the solution could be starting at us in the face.

You need someone who is light on his feet at the stoppage, and one of the best at it in the comp (according to opposition players) is on our list.
    You need an elite tackler, and the same guy is a tackling freak.
    He also has family history. It's in his blood.

Libba, come on down.
    I miss Clay Smith.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I miss Clay Smith.
    We will him a lot less if Libba can get on the park regularly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite