Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 15 of 141 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Here is one that is high risk-high reward and perhaps a bit out of left field- Nic Natanui.

He is a retstricted free agent and apparently WC have offered him 3 years on peanuts (after he has been on close to a million the last few years).

Could we throw a more lucrative deal his way? He strikes me as a loyal fellow, but he also strikes me as someone that would be interested in a new life experience and broadening the horizons.

Thinking laterally, the marketing opportunities alone would be significant for him in the big smoke and we could put that as part of a package to him. He would certainly pull some members on board and get a few extra bums on seat on game day too, so that couldn't hurt our bottom line.

The knees are obviously a huge risk, but can you imagine if we got him and he stayed fit?
    He'd be on a million with his third party deals. He'd earn more staying in WA on minimum salary than he would coming to us on overs.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Just watching a bit of North vs GWS - should we consider putting a bit of money in front of Sam Durdin? Good age, good size and could potentially help our defensive stocks.

Note - this is the first time I have seen him play for a couple of years so I don't really know how he is going, but he is doing a good job today and I haven't heard his name mentioned.
    North fans have spent the better part of 12 months deriding Scott for not playing Durdin, he was banging the door down at VFL level.
    Would be a good get but I'd suggest with Daw still out and Thompson on his last legs they would want to keep him.

I actually think Tarrant might be gettable though as they'll want to pair Durdin with Ben McKay and develop them together.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the price i guess. He has had a wretched run with injuries and seems to have fallen off a cliff. I think they have tried to bring him back too quickly out of desperation a few times and I wonder if he is now paying the price.
    31 year old with a long injury history - I wonder whether Port would be open to doing Hawthorn and letting him go for not much?

I think just training with him daily would be a huge help to Tim English, and I think Paddy is the kind of player that would play 70% ruck and 30% forward - supporting both Tim and Naughton. I think he'd be great for a few years.

4. Likes hujsh, The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see what happens:

It is believed Ryder is seeking a new two-year contract but the Power are keen to sign him for one.

“It’s not even a question I want to entertain, but I expect Paddy to be at our club next year,” Hinkley told reporters on Friday.

“Paddy’s a part of our furniture and he’s much loved at our football club. Just because he gets a bit older, everyone starts to jump at conclusions.

“This bloke’s just a little bit out of form, he’s not getting thrown out of our footy club. We love him too much.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    31 year old with a long injury history - I wonder whether Port would be open to doing Hawthorn and letting him go for not much?

I think just training with him daily would be a huge help to Tim English, and I think Paddy is the kind of player that would play 70% ruck and 30% forward - supporting both Tim and Naughton. I think he'd be great for a few years.
    Agreed. Perfect for a couple of years and would enable Timmy some forward time with Shack and Astro, or even go down there himself.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson would be able to give us some insight into the type of bloke he is. Everybody seemed to love Jackson at Port and, if we were keen, he could be a real asset in helping to get him across.

8. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paddy was probably part of the reason that Trengove couldn't get game at Port in the end. I doubt he'd be endorsing Paddy Ryder to come to the dogs.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackson would be able to give us some insight into the type of bloke he is. Everybody seemed to love Jackson at Port and, if we were keen, he could be a real asset in helping to get him across.
    You've just given me a raging case of deja vu.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding the only player from Port he would welcome is Powell-Pepper, although doubt he's the type of player we would be chasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    From my understanding the only player from Port he would welcome is Powell-Pepper, although doubt he's the type of player we would be chasing.
    FWIW I think we would be very interested in Powell-Pepper.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Heard Brad Hill wants back to Melbourne from Neroli Meadows last night
    Neroli’s a freo fan and Hills partner is from here and wants back .
    Apparently he wanted back to Hawthorn last trade period
    He’d be ideal

Post Thanks / Like

Yes brad hill would be a good addition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Heard Brad Hill wants back to Melbourne from Neroli Meadows last night
    Neroli’s a freo fan and Hills partner is from here and wants back .
    Apparently he wanted back to Hawthorn last trade period
    He’d be ideal
    Seriously? Yeah Brad Hill would be perfect.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Seriously? Yeah Brad Hill would be perfect.
    Would you take the brothers?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you take the brothers?
    I'd put their Mother on the list if we could get them both.

19. Likes bornadog, azabob, jeemak, SquirrelGrip liked this post