Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

I hope We smash Adelaide on the weekend , and everyone has a word to Keith . “Psst mate, we are in the eight , your club is going to have a clean out. And then rebuild for next 5 years . Sit and stink or come play finals with us . See ya next week ! ... not !🤣🤣

Post Thanks / Like

Hagdorn going with the Saints making a $1.2m per year offer to Brad Hill, 6 years.
    That is a hell of a lot of coin for a wingman.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hagdorn going with the Saints making a $1.2m per year offer to Brad Hill, 6 years.
    Good luck to them, he’s good and they’re not that far off IMO. Too much for him however.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Mary Joseph! Not how to manage a list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Sweet Mary Joseph! Not how to manage a list.
    With Carlisle, that's over $2.2m on two players. Huge coin.

They have cap space I guess. A few have started (very) loose rumours about Josh Bruce to the Bulldogs too. The saints do need currency with no 2nd or 3rd round picks this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

That's a bind. You offer that kind of contract, the trade currency needs to be pretty good too. If Geelong give up their first for Steven, then it's at a very minimum this pick and maybe a player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We can't rest on our laurels. I'd look at Keath for a second round pick.

Go through the draft and get the next Bailey Smith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    We can't rest on our laurels. I'd look at Keath for a second round pick.

Go through the draft and get the next Bailey Smith
    We’re regularly putting out one of, if not the youngest team each round. We’ve got multiple NGA & father-sons coming through next year that we’re likely committed to. This is the year to balance the list through intelligent trading.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Mofra, 1eyedog, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We’re regularly putting out one of, if not the youngest team each round. We’ve got multiple NGA & father-sons coming through next year that we’re likely committed to. This is the year to balance the list through intelligent trading.
    Fully agree, with players like English, Lipinski, Lew Young, Naughton, Richards, Schache, Smith and West we have enough talented younger players. Getting in 2 or even 3 experienced players that address our current needs will in no way jeopardise us

I've always typically been one who wants us to maintain our first round picks but I'd be more inclined this year to accept a more trading based approach and then saddle up for the youngsters again in 2020.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Fully agree, with players like English, Lipinski, Lew Young, Naughton, Richards, Schache, Smith and West we have enough talented younger players. Getting in 2 or even 3 experienced players that address our current needs will in no way jeopardise us

I've always typically been one who wants us to maintain our first round picks but I'd be more inclined this year to accept a more trading based approach and then saddle up for the youngsters again in 2020.
    Iwould only trade our first round pick for an A grader. This is the year to do it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Iwould only trade our first round pick for an A grader. This is the year to do it.
    Does anyone ever trade away a mid first round pick for anything less?

Post Thanks / Like

not sure
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    not sure
    If we are to trade away a first round pick, and this is the year to consider it, then it needs to be for a quality player who adds a point of difference to what we currently have. If we were in the mix for Jack Martin then I think it makes a lot of sense.
    We might even get something like a 3rd round pick coming back to us given GC seem to have lost faith with him

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are to trade away a first round pick, and this is the year to consider it, then it needs to be for a quality player who adds a point of difference to what we currently have. If we were in the mix for Jack Martin then I think it makes a lot of sense.
    We might even get something like a 3rd round pick coming back to us given GC seem to have lost faith with him
    It certainly is. Not only do we have the cap space but we've been on show for potential players since the bye, we're playing very attractive football. I have no doubt we are a very attractive prospect atm and I think locking in our coach on a long-term deal shows we are a stable organisation. The culure appears very strong and the players tight knit as evidenced by all the re-signings.

I'd also think our age profile would be attractive as we are so young and potentially set up for an extended run of success. The broader football fraternity is intrigued by Bevo. He just seems like one of those coaches you really want to play for.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has happened in the past.

What did we give up for Koops and Street.

Thankfully we are more professional now.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured