Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 60 of 141 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

I really don't see how Josh Bruce fits in. I think the Naughton /Schache combo with mediums and smalls is working nicely. I don't want to add another tall into the mix and he surely won't come to play in the VFL.

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Jon Ralph, Essendon 'have roared back into consideration for Jack Martin.'
    Ralph said they've been working behind the scenes, and that Martin ONLY wanted to go to them last year.

Post Thanks / Like

With Cogs off the table, Hawks and Blues have plenty of cash to throw around and from the sounds of the scuttlebutt, they’re into the same players we are.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Seems like Cogs has re-signed with GWS for 7 years, putting an end to all the speculation of the last month or two.
    Fancy that. Gillon will be pleased.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    According to Jon Ralph, Essendon 'have roared back into consideration for Jack Martin.'
    Ralph said they've been working behind the scenes, and that Martin ONLY wanted to go to them last year.
    It's a joke article of his. Essendon are in front on this and eyeing off a top 5 pick and have all the salary cap...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bruce hasn’t played key defence for years and was moved forward because he sucked back there. If he comes, it’ll be to bolster our forward line.

Seems like we’re genuinely into quite a few players, I do have concerns an influx of outsiders could disrupt the cohesion we’re building.
    Do we ultimately see Naughton as our 10 year key back?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

With Cogs off the table, Hawks and Blues have plenty of cash to throw around and from the sounds of the scuttlebutt, they’re into the same players we are.
    Hopefully we've put in the ground work to still grab them. Not great to have them even more cashed up in a bidding war.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    That's fine Martin to them Tippa to us.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Do we ultimately see Naughton as our 10 year key back?
    I don’t think getting Bruce automatically means Naughton goes back. I think we lack KPF depth - if either Naughton or Schache goes down we’re kind of screwed. Having someone like Bruce, who is relatively mobile and can get up the field, means we have coverage.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Thanks strebla thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Cogs increase the chances of Josh Kelly becoming available at some stage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Herald Sun reporting Essendon have unlimited high picks and no salary cap and are all of a sudden leading the pack on Martin... (And get a top 5 pick)...

Nice one Hun... From the article though of interest:

"But as Martin battled for form he suffered a finger injury and then was dropped upon his return, keen for a fresh start at a Victorian club.

At the Western Bulldogs, who aggressively tried to recruit him in the 2012 mini-draft, he would form part of a dynamic half forward line that also includes Bailey Dale, Sam Lloyd and star forward Aaron Naughton. (Schache too you dickheads)

The Dogs believe they are a solid chance to secure Adelaide’s Alex Keath, who wants a four-year deal but will not get it at Adelaide given the former state cricketer turns 28 early next year."
    I don't want to offer Keath a four year deal either.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think getting Bruce automatically means Naughton goes back. I think we lack KPF depth - if either Naughton or Schache goes down we’re kind of screwed. Having someone like Bruce, who is relatively mobile and can get up the field, means we have coverage.
    I agree I just can't see Bruce coming over to be coverage. He wants to play, Schache wants to play and Naughts wants to play but they won't all fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I agree I just can't see Bruce coming over to be coverage. He wants to play, Schache wants to play and Naughts wants to play but they won't all fit.
    I think they can. Eagles play all of Kennedy/Darling/Waterman/Allen, Brisbane play Hipwood/McStay/Big O etc

But agree, I don’t think he comes across.

17. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they can. Eagles play all of Kennedy/Darling/Waterman/Allen, Brisbane play Hipwood/McStay/Big O etc

But agree, I don’t think he comes across.
    I imagine it would change our forward dynamic considerably and I'd be concerned losing one of that mid-small pressure forward role. Three 195s in our forward line just seems like overkill to me. Lots of teams have tried this against us with a resting ruckman and two keys and the only team that got hold of us was Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It's a joke article of his. Essendon are in front on this and eyeing off a top 5 pick and have all the salary cap...
    Could they be looking to trade Daniher?