Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

It's hard to comment without any real medical knowledge but having him running and playing while still not recovered certainly sounds bad. Could there be any benefit to avoiding surgery and having it heal naturally for his long term welfare?

Post Thanks / Like

Crows should have taken a conservative approach to his recovery and made sure he ticked all the boxes in his rehab.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ack. So whatever the price, assuming no setbacks it's not unrealistic to suggest we won't see Keath at anything approaching top speed til the mid-way point of the 2020 season?

Missing more than half a pre-season isn't exactly a great recipe for kicking on.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Crows should have taken a conservative approach to his recovery and made sure he ticked all the boxes in his rehab.
    Works with us
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they actually said their approach was going to be conservative, we've opted for the alternative.

It's hard to reconcile the two approaches, to be honest.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ack. So whatever the price, assuming no setbacks it's not unrealistic to suggest we won't see Keath at anything approaching top speed til the mid-way point of the 2020 season?

Missing more than half a pre-season isn't exactly a great recipe for kicking on.
    If he comes into play midway next season does that mean effectively his cost us 300k before a game has played if we have an offer of 600k pa ? Why don’t we wait next year when his out of contract and then he walks ?
    He turns 28 next year , how long is this contract we supposedly offered ..?

Post Thanks / Like

If the injury heals before the season starts then he will be fine. These guys are professionals and a couple of months lost won’t necessarily derail a season. It’s not ideal but it shouldn’t change the trade. I would favour surgery now.

10. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If the injury heals before the season starts then he will be fine. These guys are professionals and a couple of months lost won’t necessarily derail a season. It’s not ideal but it shouldn’t change the trade. I would favour surgery now.
    Got Tom Boyd’s warning of the impact a compromised pre-season has on your season ringing in my ears.

Though Bailey Smith went alright this year.

Think we can agree it’s not ideal - though maybe a third rounder comes into play for Alex
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    We just cant afford to add another depth player. If the player isn't clearly best 22 i wouldn't be having a crack at them.
    We presumably will give Cavarra time this season if he stays fit - Butler would be ahead of him.

Quick pressure forward is a big hole in our list
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting the article is so adamant about the Bulldogs taking pick 13 to the draft.

We really do have a realistic chance now of getting Keath, Bruce, and keeping pick 13.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Papley's manager told Trade Radio that Tom has an open mind to playing with a Victorian club other than Carlton.

Is that an open invitation for Vic clubs to go chase him?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Tom Papley's manager told Trade Radio that Tom has an open mind to playing with a Victorian club other than Carlton.

Is that an open invitation for Vic clubs to go chase him?
    I think it's more likely that Papley's manager has overeached and is bringing his client'[s expectations back into the realm of what is actually possible, a early first rounder*? Nup, that was never going to happen and said more about the posturing of Trade Week than anything else.

And to quote Ernest Tyldesley "I will be taking my tea break at quarter to four like a gentleman and when you chaps have come to your senses I will be waiting for you then."

*you watch now that I have placed my cahoonas over the open fire a club will come up with 3 early draft picks and a million dollar salary!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

13 and McLean for Papley and 25 who says no?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Overs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That's a hard no from me.
    I still think we've not seen Mclean's ceiling yet. And I'm not convinced Papley is THAT good. If Carlton want to blow a top 10 1st rounder on him, good luck to them.

19. Likes Raw Toast, Bulldog Revolution liked this post