Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    BUT.. I have a special bottle waiting to be opened when we make like bandits!
    Oh? A special bottle, sounds, errrrr, special I guess.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Still don't get why they traded for Aish in the first place. A VFL player at best.
    True.

He has requested a trade to Freo. Freo offering a three year deal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    True.

He has requested a trade to Freo. Freo offering a three year deal
    Peel must need some experience.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

There’s cards to fall yet but losing Brad Hill and Ed Langdon only to replace them with James Aish is a dire result for Freo’s immediate future.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We've apparently rejected a proposal where:

Western Bulldogs — Receives: Alex Keath, Josh Bruce and Pick 23 | Loses: Picks 13, 32 and 51

Other clubs really want that 13 it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Western Bulldogs — Receives: Alex Keath, Josh Bruce and Pick 23 | Loses: Picks 13, 32 and 51

That's a combination of what Adelaide originally suggested.
    It appears we are standing pat on pick 13. If someone wants it they will need to pay overs to get it and even then it might be rejected

I think we are still in the drivers seat to get our targets, midday tomorrow will probably tell the story
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's a combination of what Adelaide originally suggested.
    It appears we are standing pat on pick 13. If someone wants it they will need to pay overs to get it and even then it might be rejected

I think we are still in the drivers seat to get our targets, midday tomorrow will probably tell the story
    Would love a peek inside Sammy Ps brain right now.... love the fact we rejected that ridiculous offer.

Just read an article on Fox citing Bruce has told close friends he’s being pushed out of st Kilda...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Would love a peek inside Sammy Ps brain right now.... love the fact we rejected that ridiculous offer.

Just read an article on Fox citing Bruce has told close friends he’s being pushed out of st Kilda...
    True that. A 10 pick upgrade to the top 15 and pick 51 is a lot for an uncontracted player at age 28 with 30 games of experience and an interrupted pre-season and a downgrade of 28 to 32. Adelaide laughing all the way to the bank so I'm sure they were happy to propose it. Sydney and St.Kilda do fine enough so no reason they'd care

Post Thanks / Like

Apparantly we are trying to broker a deal with Port. I can only suspect that we are after their pick 29 & hoping to use our 3rd round picks in some form to make it happen
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Thanks GVGjr, josie, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not fussed picks wise really keen to get the structural players in, I think generally pics are overrated outside of last years draft.

If moving to 23 doesn't impact next year Academy picks and lands us Bruce and Keath I'm fine with it.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not fussed picks wise really keen to get the structural players in, I think generally pics are overrated outside of last years draft.

If moving to 23 doesn't impact next year Academy picks and lands us Bruce and Keath I'm fine with it.
    Agree. Bruce and Keith will add a lot to our structure next year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, having Keath and Bruce (I can't help not to think of Bruce McAveney though) will add to our won colomn next year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Same for me, much better down the line with both Keath and Bruce and if it will give us a much better chance at a tilt.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

I just read the fox sports full detail on it. These are the two take aways for me:

St Kilda was said to be happy to trade pick 28 for Josh Bruce (Swans also happy with 28 for Jones). -- Are they really going to *!*!*!*! themselves over Pick 32 (only 4 spots in the later second round)? No. So the deal gets done for Pick 32, unless we find a minor bump for them. Yippee, this one looks good.

Adelaide are working on their side to get the best deal for a trade, but being stupid about their request. This is no better than their opening offer. When reality sets in that Sam Power isn't a walkover, they'll take pick 44. They should've tried on the trade but only 13 & 44 (not 13, 32 & 51). Dodoro Jr is doing well at making an arse of himself.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was my guess on the four club trade that Sam Power was pushing.

Reporting today was that St Kilda & Sydney are happy with Pick 28 if it done through Adelaide. This model is Pick 29. So we can lock them in

Port: 13, 36 DVI (51 & 53) - for - 18 (Howard & Ryder), 29
    Dogs: Bruce (29), 18 & keep 32 - for - 13, 51 & 53
    Swans: 29 - for - Zak Jones
    Saints: Jones, Howard, Ryder - for - Bruce/Pick 29, Pick 18

Port get a pick in before 18 where F/S Mead may be bid, and pick 36 in points still cover Mead with later 60’s picks. Ensures them 3 x 1sts (inc. Mead). They should sign on to this.
    Dogs get Bruce for a trade down 13 to 18, 51 & 53. I'm happy.
    Swans apparently happy to take this aspect of the deal
    Saints flip Bruce into Zak Jones, and use pick 18 on Howard & Ryder. Apparently happy with the Bruce pick aspect.

Assuming I'm remotely close, three clubs are happy to sign off and Port has no reason not to be happy or not sign off.

Before dogs: 13, 32, 44, 51 & 53, 89
    After dogs: 18, 32, 44, 89 & Bruce

Keath Option 1: Pick 44 - Picks 18, 32, 89 & Bruce, Keath
    Keath Option 2: Pick 32 - Picks 18, 44, 89 & Bruce, Keath
    Keath Option 3: Picks 18 & 44 - Picks 23 & 49 - Picks 23, 32, 49, 89 & Bruce, Keath. (Picks 32, 49 = DVI 21. Freo may be open to trade 22 we can find a Pick 60'ish pick to add more points to a 130-150 point win. If we can find it: Picks 22 & 23, 89 Bruce & Keath)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 14-10-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes bornadog, Remi Moses liked this post