Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 53 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    It has happened in the past.

What did we give up for Koops and Street.

Thankfully we are more professional now.
    Koops was pick 19 and Street was around that mark as well

I don't think as a rule teams trade away mid first round picks for anything less than very talented players
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I would give a first round pick plus for Liam Ryan. What a player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I would give a first round pick plus for Liam Ryan. What a player
    Don't think he'd be on Bevo's radar with his drink driving conviction and an investigation into a family violence altercation.

Post Thanks / Like

The names I see us linked to are Martin, Keath, Tomlinson, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Langdon, Smith and perhaps a long shot in Hill but I wonder if there are some back up options we might consider if we miss on some of them?

I know Mofra has mentioned Karl Amon and I agree with him that he would be a solid addition
    Hugh Greenwood is a player I think could play some roles for us in the right circumstances and Jake Kelly is also out of contract.
    Kelly is a bit under sized but has been a durable and consistent performer and while I think the Pies will be right into him he could be worth considering.
    Could we make a play for Kyle Dunkley?
    Shai Bolton and Dan Butler from Richmond might have some suitors
    I'm a bit of a fan of Joel Amartey who's a rookie (forward/ruckman) that I think could be a defender as well an is at the Swans and Zak Jones could add something to most teams

Anyway, some names to consider in case our more high profile targets don't work out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Don't think he'd be on Bevo's radar with his drink driving conviction and an investigation into a family violence altercation.
    fair enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    And yet Bennell seems to have a large support base as a player we should consider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And yet Bennell seems to have a large support base as a player we should consider
    I’d be very keen on Harley Bennel if he fronts well to the panel and there is high confidence the off-field shenanigans are behind him.

He is exactly the type of player we need at his full potential (outside a solid KPD)

Post Thanks / Like

Huge pass on Harley Bennell.

We thought Stringer, Dahl and Co were bad news not sure why we’d go down the Bennell path.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bennell's talent is certainly attractive but his injury history isn't. No thanks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shai Bolton is an interesting one.

He’s got a few traits that would be useful in our front half.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our surgeons, medico's and VU sport science partners can assess whether Bennell can get on the park.

I think Bevo, Bains & Power can assess whether Bennell is a person who can thrive in our environment.

If they all say 'yes' then I'm happy with that. If any of them say 'no' then I'm happy that we explored an option on a talented player and were happy to walk away. I don't see too much to write about at this stage to be honest.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So what's your opinion BT, none of that highly conditional based on what others think, is he a yes or no for you?
    How can we endorse a player who has got on the park twice in 4 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So what's your opinion BT, none of that highly conditional based on what others think, is he a yes or no for you?
    How can we endorse a player who has got on the park twice in 4 years
    I would have our medico's have a look at him with no promises. That's the primary issue as you say, being fit and playing. If they say no, then no. If they say yes, then the next issue is 'culture fit'. So a no promises interview/chat with Bevo, Grant, Power &/or Bains would be worthwhile. If they say they want him, take him as an SSP as a rookie with one year on minimum wage (nothing higher) with maybe a games trigger for a 2021 extension.

So my answer is a limited yes, with a lot of 'no' exit ramps for us (& me) if it's not worth pursuing. I have no problems with the club exploring the idea. We explore lots of list management moves that never happen. But he's not top of our priority list I'd hazard a guess.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see if there will be any list carnage from the teams who thought they should have made the finals like The Crows, Port, Freo & Melbourne. Should be an interesting off season for them.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket