Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So who else are you going to put up? I can't see us palming Mitch off when we just signed him up. We just wouldn't do it and I don't think we should. If you're talking players who would you send up there to appease them in a player swap involving Martin? Victorian boy and Premiership player McLean? Assuming Williams is going home...

I think we can pretty much say that Dicko, Suckers, Dale and R Smith have close to zero collateral as well so it has to be someone good.
    It's a very good question. Wallis appears to be not in our current plans, so I guess it's hard to look past him. He has the protection of a contract so it would be his call I guess. I can't see him wanting to play his prime years at Footscray.

Edit : I now realise Mitch is injured (thanks for the heads up!), so basically forget everything I just said
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 09-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wallis appears to be not in our current plans,
    What makes you say that?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a very good question. Wallis appears to be not in our current plans, so I guess it's hard to look past him. He has the protection of a contract so it would be his call I guess. I can't see him wanting to play his prime years at Footscray.
    He played 10 games straight until he was injured. Only played in the VFL when he resumed and was obviously not ready for AFL.

4. Likes Mofra, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What makes you say that?
    My bad bad, I hadn't realised he was injured with an ankle.Thought he was in the VFL I should follow it more closely, it's his brother. Maybe he is in our plans

My point is really around the Suns and them getting players in return for Martin, instead of picks. Of course they could turn that pick into a player in a three way deal, that would be better for them I feel.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallis has only been out of the side due to injury. Even when he played a couple in the VFL it was to see if he could play through the problem he had.

There has been nothing to suggest he is out of favour.

Edit.
    Didn't see Axe Man's post until after I posted.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He played 10 games straight until he was injured. Only played in the VFL when he resumed and was obviously not ready for AFL.
    Yeah just had a look he played the two games in the VFL rd 14 v Tigers, and rd 15 v Casey and performed pretty well in both but as you say ankle didn't come up. I wrongly thought he was still playing VFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course they could turn that pick into a player in a three way deal, that would be better for them I feel.
    I think this is more likely since we don't really have many players with currency that we would be willing to deal. Perhaps Williams if he isn't set on going back to Adelaide. Maybe Lynch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think this is more likely since we don't really have many players with currency that we would be willing to deal. Perhaps Williams if he isn't set on going back to Adelaide. Maybe Lynch?
    I had a good look through the list myself and it is a very tough exercise I don't envy Sam Power and his team. They can have Jerka Jenkins. Martin to Dogs, Pick 10 to Crows, Gibbs and Jenkins to GCS.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good look through the list myself and it is a very tough exercise I don't envy Sam Power and his team. They can have Jerka Jenkins. Martin to Dogs, Pick 10 to Crows, Gibbs and Jenkins to GCS.
    Oh hell no. I would rather give GC pick 10 outright than see the Crows profit pick 10 for two players they want to delist and salary dump.

BUT if we were to give GC 10 for Martin I would want at least a third rounder coming back.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Oh hell no. I would rather give GC pick 10 outright than see the Crows profit pick 10 for two players they want to delist and salary dump.

BUT if we were to give GC 10 for Martin I would want at least a third rounder coming back.

I was quite happy to see Adelaide piss away draft picks on Gibbs and I'd hate to see them protected from their own stupidity.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

A straight up swap is a fair outcome for mine and at the moment I think GC has a lateish 3rd round pick (49). If we would swing that from them then it would be a terrific outcome as we would have 4 x 3rd round picks and that would create many options for us

They do have a 2nd first round pick which might come into play in some way
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack Martin’s going to have to improve some of his lacklustre efforts
    Especially last week

Post Thanks / Like

Don't knock the lad he's conveniently driving his price down.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is he really worth pick 8-10?
    He is not, I'd say he's worth a pick from 18-23 but we can't do that. I guess trying to turn our first into the 2nd rounder and Martin might not be too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Jack Martin’s going to have to improve some of his lacklustre efforts
    Especially last week
    As Rocket Science mentioned, it could be a bonus for us.
    Martin may have checked out now which isn't a good sign but I'd imagine he is still very much in our sights
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"