Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 43 of 141 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Essendon probably, maybe Hawthorn and North always have some cash to splash

Carlton's focus must have moved to another GWS player
    Essendon is apparently too close to their 'cap' to look at anyone of value, Tom Browne reckons our $450,000 offer on Tippa might be too much.
    Hawthorn are apparently locked onto Patton, and trying to get Brad Hill &/or Congilio. I can't see them finding another $600,000 of so.
    North. Who knows...

Martin was best afield in the reserves win over Brisbane reserves last weekend. 32 disposals, 11 tackles, 2 goals and he has NOT been selected to play for the seniors.... He is out the door so fingers crossed its our offer that has him leaving GCS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Mofra, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Essendon probably, maybe Hawthorn and North always have some cash to splash

Carlton's focus must have moved to another GWS player
    It's hard to think who that would be. There aren't too many more rubbish ones on big fat contracts left at GWS that Carlton hasn't already traded for.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Martin was best afield in the reserves win over Brisbane reserves last weekend. 32 disposals, 11 tackles, 2 goals and he has NOT been selected to play for the seniors.... He is out the door so fingers crossed its our offer that has him leaving GCS.
    I heard he has a knee injury but that could be a smoke screen.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Essendon is apparently too close to their 'cap' to look at anyone of value, Tom Browne reckons our $450,000 offer on Tippa might be too much.
    Hawthorn are apparently locked onto Patton, and trying to get Brad Hill &/or Congilio. I can't see them finding another $600,000 of so.
    North. Who knows...

I must have missed this. Is he saying we have offered 450k for Tippa? It seems quite low given he is exactly what we need and we have so much space. Even the 600k I had seen somewhere else seemed low.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I must have missed this. Is he saying we have offered 450k for Tippa? It seems quite low given he is exactly what we need and we have so much space. Even the 600k I had seen somewhere else seemed low.
    I thought Essendon offered $450k, and we offered $600K?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The Age mentioned in an article that Carlton May have cooled on Jack Martin.
    Other than us and the Suns who else is interested in him?
    Carlton internally are very confident on landing Cogs who would cost a packet at trade time.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Essendon offered $450k, and we offered $600K?
    So many figures bandied about - yesterday it was mentioned we had a $650k offer in (which seems high) and Essendon had upped their offer to $500k, and will possibly go higher to keep him.

I'd be really really happy if we land Martin, a KPD and Essendon blow their cap because we bid them up. Bombers fans even speculating they could lose Hooker to keep Francis as Francis is no swingman.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk of Mason Wood on his way out of North.

A couple of years back it would’ve been a big yes.

If he can get his mind and body right he’s a pretty good 3rd tall.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Carlton internally are very confident on landing Cogs who would cost a packet at trade time.
    They desperately need another mid that can't kick.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

So many figures bandied about - yesterday it was mentioned we had a $650k offer in (which seems high) and Essendon had upped their offer to $500k, and will possibly go higher to keep him.

I'd be really really happy if we land Martin, a KPD and Essendon blow their cap because we bid them up. Bombers fans even speculating they could lose Hooker to keep Francis as Francis is no swingman.
    Would you take Hooker?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

$650 way over for Tippa IMO. I’d love him - and his work ethic and playing style would sit us to the ground. I hope we don’t do a north melbourne and pay overs only because we have money. I’d put him at a $500k max - don’t see him leaving if the money is equal to Essendon.

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you take Hooker?
    Yes depending on cost.
    He can play both ends. 30 years old so is just a stop gap for 2 years, if we took him I'd hope we draft another tall and between that KPD or Lewis Young they are ready to go in two years time.

Post Thanks / Like

Bombers fans even speculating they could lose Hooker to keep Francis as Francis is no swingman.
    Wasn't it Hurley that could be out the door yesterday, now it's Hooker?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes depending on cost.
    He can play both ends. 30 years old so is just a stop gap for 2 years, if we took him I'd hope we draft another tall and between that KPD or Lewis Young they are ready to go in two years time.
    Pretty sure he was signed up for over $800k per year, so maybe expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Wasn't it Hurley that could be out the door yesterday, now it's Hooker?
    Surely not Hurley. Better player, younger and they just signed a long term big money contract when we missed him end of 2016

21. Likes Mofra liked this post