Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 106 of 141 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bring him in and trade Gowers for whatever pick? If Dickson didn't play on, the two wages combined would be tempting for Elliot.
    Yeah if Dickson were to make the call to not play on then I'd jump on that immediately. Gowers is one of our few players that plays with aggression but he also plays with zero discipline which hurt us a lot in the VFL matches that I watched this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Would anyone else want Gowers?

I know it doesn’t seem it but this is a serious question - has any other club shown interest like North did for Lynch or Jong with the Pies/GC?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is he that good of a footballer to have a number of clubs interested?
    Always liked Elliott as a small marking forward. Quick, goal smart and very competitive. Injuries are the only concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Always liked Elliott as a small marking forward. Quick, goal smart and very competitive. Injuries are the only concern.
    That's one of my concerns as well. Continuity of football is a requirement
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

I know it doesn’t seem it but this is a serious question - has any other club shown interest like North did for Lynch or Jong with the Pies/GC?
    He might struggle to find another home

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking just freeing the spot and money up while keeping list balance. Pick 80 or a half eaten four and twenty pie would do. I'm not sure we can even consider Elliott without maybe moving Gowers & Dicko on (for spots and cash). We've got Dale, Lloyd, Greene, Cavarra, McLean, West (currently playing as a forward) and then Elliott. Remembering this came from Tom Browne so odds are he's already recommitted to Collingwood.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He might struggle to find another home
    Won our goal kicking in his first season. Surely for pick 80 someone would take him. If 17 other clubs don't rate him, then come next year neither should we.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Won our goal kicking in his first season. Surely for pick 80 someone would take him. If 17 other clubs don't rate him, then come next year neither should we.
    I scanned through a few clubs playing lists and couldn't find a home for him
    Some club might get interested but I think it's up to him now to just get better

Post Thanks / Like

So Friday of next week is the opening of free agency. Apart from the discussion on Elliot, are there any other free agents we should be looking at?
    Perhaps Hartley from Essendon if other KPD options don't eventuate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks were rumoured to have a little bit of interest.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Is he that good of a footballer to have a number of clubs interested?
    Yes, 100%. Injuries have held him back but there aren't many better when he's on the paddock.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Elliot's a great player, would love him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryder has nominated Saints, and now looking at trades - but what do they have?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I find the comments about Gowers fit a pattern.

Looking at the years 2017, 2018 And 2019 only two players have kicked more goals in a season for the Bulldogs, Lloyd and Naughton in 2019.

looking at 2019 Lloyd was only 2 goals ahead of Gowers (from 1 more game) when Gowers disappeared. Naughton was 4 ahead.

I don’t think he would have been brushed aside as easily as the others when the going got tough a couple of weeks ago.

He should be a work in progress, is anyone doing the work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I find the comments about Gowers fit a pattern.

Looking at the years 2017, 2018 And 2019 only two players have kicked more goals in a season for the Bulldogs, Lloyd and Naughton in 2019.

looking at 2019 Lloyd was only 2 goals ahead of Gowers (from 1 more game) when Gowers disappeared. Naughton was 4 ahead.

I don’t think he would have been brushed aside as easily as the others when the going got tough a couple of weeks ago.

He should be a work in progress, is anyone doing the work?
    Those goal stats are a convenient truth. Billy offers nothing else other than occasionally hitting the scoreboard, which he does with pretty horrid inaccuracy. He doesn’t, for example, lead the league in contested marking.

You usually bemoan a lack of disposals - not sure how you can reconcile that with wanting to persist with a player like Bill.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -