Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bevo namechecking Georges St Pierre, kind of challenging Leon Cameron to a mixed martial arts fight and then making cryptic references to Petruccelle for seemingly no reason while knocking back a pint is why I love him. Weird cat.
    He's a legend Bevo, I have no idea where he's coming from half the time but that makes it more enjoyable.
    That he went back to the MMA comment to drive it home is a fair insight into how they felt internally after GWS decided to go hard off the ball. Can't wait for the rematch.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t read too much into what he said
    Bit tongue in cheek on a comedy footy show ( very good one )
    Let’s hope they don’t cry up a storm when we come after them
    I’m sure though like a typical bully , they’ll moan to high heaven

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I wouldn’t read too much into what he said
    Bit tongue in cheek on a comedy footy show ( very good one )
    Let’s hope they don’t cry up a storm when we come after them
    I’m sure though like a typical bully , they’ll moan to high heaven
    They were still moaning about Bont's hit three weeks later, however, I can still see the anger in Bevo about that game and that is what we want for next year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath & Bruce's season averages side by side (it's not really a comparison, but getting both lots of stats on one page):

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Keath & Bruce's season averages side by side (it's not really a comparison, but getting both lots of stats on one page):

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S
    Both same height, same age and should be reaching their peak.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Both same height, same age and should be reaching their peak.
    On the line Eade used to say, because Keath started later he should for play longer and have even more growth in him too. With only 30 games of getting banged up, his body should hold up for hopefully 5-6 years.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

On the line Eade used to say, because Keath started later he should for play longer and have even more growth in him too. With only 30 games of getting banged up, his body should hold up for hopefully 5-6 years.
    In the Ballarat game, I noticed when Adelaide were attacking, Keath ran the length of the ground down the wing, calling for the ball. I thought what a great move, but no one passed it to him. You don't get many big guys doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's a legend Bevo, I have no idea where he's coming from half the time but that makes it more enjoyable.
    That he went back to the MMA comment to drive it home is a fair insight into how they felt internally after GWS decided to go hard off the ball. Can't wait for the rematch.
    Bevo is the Robert California of the club. I have no idea about some of the things he craps on about (still trying to work out the snow button reference) but there is something to him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fox Sports/SEN citing the Herald Sun from earlier this month:

GEELONG’S RUCK MERRY-GO-ROUND IS SET TO CONTINUE

Zac Smith could be set for his third AFL club, with reports that two Victorian clubs are interested in his services.

According to Herald Sun journalist Sam Edmund, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs are showing interest in acquiring the out of contract ruckman during the 2019 off-season.

“Zac Smith pretty much remains the only unsigned ruckman there and you’d have to say his future is really uncertain,” he said on SEN Breakfast

Edmund & Ralph (Herald Sun guys) have been the most accurate this pre-trade period so far identifying Keath & Bruce to us. In addition to the above from Edmund saying we have interest in Smith, Ricky Nixon (if you believe him), also thinks Dogs have an interest in Zac Smith fwiw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They were still moaning about Bont's hit three weeks later, however, I can still see the anger in Bevo about that game and that is what we want for next year.
    I'd love the whole team to run out on to the ground wearing Amar'e Stoudemire eye protection next time we play GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't recall a season finishing off and for the good news to start flying in like it has this year.

Whilst we should be disappointed with how we exited the finals, we should be really happy that two players clearly capable of having an influence and making us better have nominated us so far out from trade period.

If there's more good news to come, the standard of training week one should be something to look forward to as competition for a spot will be rife.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't recall a season finishing off and for the good news to start flying in like it has this year.

Whilst we should be disappointed with how we exited the finals, we should be really happy that two players clearly capable of having an influence and making us better have nominated us so far out from trade period.

If there's more good news to come, the standard of training week one should be something to look forward to as competition for a spot will be rife.
    Yep. This sort of result is usually the stuff of 'big clubs'. I still find it completely incredible that despite two very good trade outcomes/nominations already, we have the capacity to still offer up to a 5 X $700,000 contract and with probable picks 31, 42, 47, 49 & 84 still. And priority access guns next year. Still 9 days until the full trade period opens.

There's going to be a fair few unlucky players playing VFL footy next year if we are not cursed by injury. As WD54 pointed out the other day, there's no reason our priority access kids can't get VFL exposure, in a competitive environment, next year as 23rd men. A bunch of unlucky players in the VFL each week is hallmark of AFEL teams that have had successful years.

Post Thanks / Like

Edmund & Ralph (Herald Sun guys) have been the most accurate this pre-trade period so far identifying Keath & Bruce to us. In addition to the above from Edmund saying we have interest in Smith, Ricky Nixon (if you believe him), also thinks Dogs have an interest in Zac Smith fwiw.
    and who would join Saints? Come on over Zac.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    and who would join Saints? Come on over Zac.
    Yep. I'm happy enough as a depth tall/English insurance, who is 29 years old, 100+ games, 206cm & 105kg ruckman. For a nothing pick and not a lot of money. I'd rather have him than rely on Sweet who needs a lot of time (at best) or moving JT out of another role which he may be performing in. Let's just lock him in for pick 84.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. This sort of result is usually the stuff of 'big clubs'. I still find it completely incredible that despite two very good trade outcomes/nominations already, we have the capacity to still offer up to a 5 X $700,000 contract and with probable picks 31, 42, 47, 49 & 84 still. And priority access guns next year. Still 9 days until the full trade period opens.

There's going to be a fair few unlucky players playing VFL footy next year if we are not cursed by injury. As WD54 pointed out the other day, there's no reason our priority access kids can't get VFL exposure, in a competitive environment, next year as 23rd men. A bunch of unlucky players in the VFL each week is hallmark of AFEL teams that have had successful years.
    In reality, we will cop injuries, so there is plenty of opportunities for players. How much better would the elimination final team been with the addition of Morris, Libba, Wallis and Daniel

18. Likes strebla liked this post