Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Collingwood offering up Aish, and Sharenberg looking for a new home. Also Rupert Willis lookingaround
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that we are holding firm on pick 13. I want players who want to play for us ... Thus I would like Bruce and Keath to wear the tri-stripes next season. But I"m not willing to sell the farm to get them. If it means we miss out on one or both but walk out with pick 13, then I'm happy.

The only way I would be willing to give up 13 is if we move to something else in the first round (3 to 4 positions back only) and strengthen our 2020 draft position for our father-son and NGA commitments.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Monday everybody. Today is the start of our 2020 campaign and I confident with only a couple of days to go in the trade period all clubs will start to be more realistic with getting the deals done. I backing in that the first trade we will get done will be Keith before lunch then Bruce before COB today.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read on Trade Radio wrap up, their hypothetical trade is

Dogs give 13, 32 and 53
    Crows give 23, 28 and Keath

Dogs use 28 on Bruce.

I still think Bruce is pick 32 and Keath 45 and guess it depends on how highly we rate the draft. If we don’t, I’d be happier w a 2020 second rounded in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Collingwood offering up Aish, and Sharenberg looking for a new home. Also Rupert Willis lookingaround
    Few ppl mentioning Tom Phillips as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think if we have to deal our pick 13 to get the deals done then maybe Brisbane is the team to talk to

We offer them 13 and 51 for their picks 21 and 34. The DVI is close

We then deal picks 34 and 53 to the Crows for Keath and pick 49 and hold firm on pick 32 for the Saints

We go into the draft with pick 21, 45 and 49

I suspect though that we will hold firm on our position of keeping pick 13
    32 for Keath and a sweetener back from the Crows (future 4th, points).

Target Hawks pick 30 as they need points for their FS kid, 629 points covered by our pick 45 (347) and 51 (259) and 53 (233) with a 4th/future 4th coming back. Hawks get a points surplus, Swans get a pick for Jones (plus extra), Saint get one of their deals done.

30 + Hawks/Adelaide picks to Sydney for Jones who send him to St Kilda as part of a 3 way trade.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Just read on Trade Radio wrap up, their hypothetical trade is

Dogs give 13, 32 and 53
    Crows give 23, 28 and Keath

Dogs use 28 on Bruce.

I still think Bruce is pick 32 and Keath 45 and guess it depends on how highly we rate the draft. If we don’t, I’d be happier w a 2020 second rounded in there.
    Not so sure on that. Sounds like what we've already rejected except we also lose 53.

Bruce for 32 and 53 I'd do though.

44 for Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Few ppl mentioning Tom Phillips as well.
    It's been squashed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We still have the ability to offer a 5 X $700,000 contract. I wonder if we are actively looking for a player of that value in the next 2.5 days?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We still have the ability to offer a 5 X $700,000 contract. I wonder if we are actively looking for a player of that value in the next 2.5 days?
    I hope we don't target someone just for the sake of it.

Best 22 players only, and if nobody specific comes to mind we go to the draft and/or pick up 2020 picks. Collingwood are looking for a cap dump but with Eliott re-signing there's nobody I want that is gettable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I hope we don't target someone just for the sake of it.

Best 22 players only, and if nobody specific comes to mind we go to the draft and/or pick up 2020 picks. Collingwood are looking for a cap dump but with Eliott re-signing there's nobody I want that is gettable.
    100% on both points. There's been no huge surprises like the last few years (Neale, Cameron & Gibbs, Beams all went a little later in the period). With picks and cash, there must be someone not on the media's radar that makes makes us a better best 22 team.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    100% on both points. There's been no huge surprises like the last few years (Neale, Cameron & Gibbs, Beams all went a little later in the period). With picks and cash, there must be someone not on the media's radar that makes makes us a better best 22 team.
    Sam Lloyd was one that was flying under the radar but we targeted him months out.

Best case scenario from now is to keep pick 13 (which may be hard) while getting both Keath and Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sam Lloyd was one that was flying under the radar but we targeted him months out.

Best case scenario from now is to keep pick 13 (which may be hard) while getting both Keath and Bruce.
    I really like the idea of a draft points/picks trade with Port. That's my best case:

Dogs: 18, 32, 89 & Bruce (29) & Keath (45)

With the flexibility to still trade for players now, or future trade for 2020 draft points or take a first and second rounder to the draft and upgrade La Young. With Port in on the four club trade talks, I'd hope this is what are seeking from them and they benefit a lot from dealing with us.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 14-10-2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still don't get why they traded for Aish in the first place. A VFL player at best.

Post Thanks / Like

5 o' clock was nearly five hours ago. What the hell is wrong with you girl?
    BUT.. I have a special bottle waiting to be opened when we make like bandits!

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post