Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Really, I knew that WOFERS were talking hm up but I've never really had him as a number 1 draft pick. By what you have said if he is in the range of 1 to 4 I'ld gladly take another Bont.
    Media had him at the start of the year as a first rounder. By mid year he was top 5. By finals he was top 3 and a few media folk have said if the draft was today be a chance at being 'called first'.

If we can take our natural selection, hopefully in the mid-high teens next year, into pick 1-3. That's another stunning post season outcome coming off the back of a few good ones, and a very good one tonight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Would you draft Martin with 13 if he nominates? What odds are there Carlton would use 9?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Would you draft Martin with 13 if he nominates? What odds are there Carlton would use 9?
    I think Carlton could be forced into it but if they are prepared to use 9 on the draft why not use 9 in the trade period and get pick 15 back?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Carlton could be forced into it but if they are prepared to use 9 on the draft why not use 9 in the trade period and get pick 15 back?
    Because they have SOS at the wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that the deal that Gold Coast rejected?
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I thought it was the other way around. You might be right though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I thought it was the other way around. You might be right though
    GCS last hour offer was Martin & Pick 15 - for - Pick 9 & future 2nd/3rd.

Carlton said no.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    GCS last hour offer was Martin & Pick 15 - for - Pick 9 & future 2nd/3rd.

Carlton said no.
    Thanks that clears it up

Post Thanks / Like

Nick Robertson has not been offered a contract by Brisbane for the 2020 season.

Robertson departs having played 73 games for the Lions with his most recent appearance coming in the semi-final loss to GWS.

The 24-year-old defender struggled for senior opportunities in 2019 playing just five AFL games.

"Robbo has always given 100 per cent at everything he has done; training, preparation, the way he plays," GM of Football David Noble told lions.com.au.

"I am hopeful another club would provide him with another opportunity as a delisted free agent.

"We thank him for his time at the Lions. It's always hard saying goodbye to good people."

Robertson went at pick No.34 in the 2013 National Draft.

While we are unlikely to have an interest, Robertson's defensive attributes could be good for us

11. Likes anfo27, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Small forwards and tight-checking mids are the two list gaps that stand out now.

Robertson could obviously plug one of those roles and I'd rather have him than Hayes to be frank but if he's not good enough for the Lions he's probably not good enough for us either.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Small forwards and tight-checking mids are the two list gaps that stand out now.

Robertson could obviously plug one of those roles and I'd rather have him than Hayes to be frank but if he's not good enough for the Lions he's probably not good enough for us either.
    They have a Robinson that can be that midfield run with player, Robertson was probably one too many

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I wouldn't go with if player x isn't good enough for club y, he can't be good enough for us. Plenty of examples of players dumped by even poor sides and being valuable to strong sides.

I think what Robertson can offer. Not sure if it fits into Bevo's program as he is quite one dimensional though. Would be very surprised if he doesn't get a gig even on a rookie list. Could be the next De Boer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't go with if player x isn't good enough for club y, he can't be good enough for us. Plenty of examples of players dumped by even poor sides and being valuable to strong sides.

I think what Robertson can offer. Not sure if it fits into Bevo's program as he is quite one dimensional though. Would be very surprised if he doesn't get a gig even on a rookie list. Could be the next De Boer.
    We need to look no further than Sam Lloyd's impact with us this year as an example of of someone with a particular skill that was a good fit for our club

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hadn't suggested 'not good enough for them = not good enough for us' as a blanket rule to recruitment.

And agreed Robertson's unlikely to gel with Bevo's modus operandi - but on the question of 'good enough' how many senior games does anyone think he'd play next year if we picked him up? More than the five he played this year?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

if he's not good enough for the Lions he's probably not good enough for us either.
    Well, I hadn't suggested 'not good enough for them = not good enough for us' as a blanket rule to recruitment.
    Okay thanks for clarifying (not trying to be a jerk, just legit thought that was your point).

I think Robinson has to 'fit' a program/system. If he doesn't, no point in picking him i.e. coach/team that does not really incorporate negators. For programs/systems/coaches/whatever that do, he seems like a good, cheap option.