Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd put their Mother on the list if we could get them both.
    Surely Gordon Legal is looking for an admin assistant on $200,000. For both Hills.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Griffin Logue, key defender from Freo is out of contract. Played his first game of the year last week after the injury to Pearce and reportedly did well.

Has anyone seen much of him, MJP perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you take the brothers?
    Yeah I would. Stephen Hill has had a poor run with injuries but yeah I’d overlook that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Griffin Logue, key defender from Freo is out of contract. Played his first game of the year last week after the injury to Pearce and reportedly did well.

Has anyone seen much of him, MJP perhaps?
    I think he might be a player without a true position but yes maybe a KP defender is his best spot. He's just 21 and his best football might still be a few years away. I can't see him leaving the west though and they would want something decent in return
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What about poaching draft picks? if the AFL don't change the rules and we still get access to Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (touted as a possible top 5 pick) then;

1. trading our 1st round pick in 2020 would seem a logical move. WE could potentially use that to receive a decent 1st round pick this year. Giving us 2 1st round picks and access to the highly talented attacking players available in this years draft that we badly need.

2. Then knowing we have 3 picks in the top 25 we might package any or all of our 3 3rd picks this year to either move up the order in the 2019 draft to secure another high draft pick or look for a package deal of draft pick/s in the 2020 draft to enable us to secure JUH.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    What about poaching draft picks? if the AFL don't change the rules and we still get access to Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (touted as a possible top 5 pick) then;

1. trading our 1st round pick in 2020 would seem a logical move. WE could potentially use that to receive a decent 1st round pick this year. Giving us 2 1st round picks and access to the highly talented attacking players available in this years draft that we badly need.

2. Then knowing we have 3 picks in the top 25 we might package any or all of our 3 3rd picks this year to either move up the order in the 2019 draft to secure another high draft pick or look for a package deal of draft pick/s in the 2020 draft to enable us to secure JUH.
    If we are allowed to keep the player we've been developing, in JUH, then we need to do something with the 2020 first rounder if the 'top 5 forecast' stays with him. I'm working on a few different scenarios (draft point calculation heavy) that I'll put in the BTs early list management thread in the next week or so. There's a hell of a lot of moving parts.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we finish bottom four and it’s looking likely should we get in a year early and offer our first and second pick for Jeremy Cameron?
    We certainly have the money for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    If we finish bottom four and it’s looking likely should we get in a year early and offer our first and second pick for Jeremy Cameron?
    We certainly have the money for him.
    The Giants do love having early draft picks so it could be worth considering. I'd want something back the other way though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Reports that Tom Papley could request a trade back to Victoria. Contracted until the end of 2020 so wouldn't be cheap but would certainly fill a small forward need for us.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Reports that Tom Papley could request a trade back to Victoria. Contracted until the end of 2020 so wouldn't be cheap but would certainly fill a small forward need for us.
    I'm all in on that. I was hoping one of their small forwards would come up, and Sydney I imagine would like some extra picks in their rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Papley is exactly the type we need.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Papley. They'd (rightly) want a first rounder though and I'm not willing to do that.

The Swans are probably the most willing club in the league to do player-for-player swaps, but again though, I don't know who we could give up of equal value or how we create equal value that way.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    +1 for Papley. They'd (rightly) want a first rounder though and I'm not willing to do that.

The Swans are probably the most willing club in the league to do player-for-player swaps, but again though, I don't know who we could give up of equal value or how we create equal value that way.
    We'd have to trade a first round pick in, or give up a decent player and a current draft or future pick.

I'd love to have him on the list.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

I'd offer our 2020 first rounder. He's not just an outside small forward finisher, he's strong and has mongrel. I love that competitive streak.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had a bit of a look around and I’d be pretty surprised if Papley wants out. Grew up a swans supporter with a family connection to the club, rookie draftee and vice captain.

Those are the sort of players that don’t leave (unless they play for us).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -