Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Cheaper: Cedric Cox. Contracted to the end of next year, but contracts mean very little and trading under contract is better value. Just ask Marcus Adams. Cox has speed and skills, we were apparently hoping to get him with the pick used on Lipinski.
    Moderate: Tomlinson. Free agent tall defender. I wouldn't mind pressuring the Swans salary cap, by making good offers on their mid to mid-upper range talent (whom they love) like Hayward or Florent. The media report old man Buddy is on $1.5M next year during a rebuild, I'd prefer to play elsewhere to that. They've got contracts, but it seems trading under contract is where the value is to a club now.
    Expensive: Kelly. Using the 'Wingard money'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda are apparently sniffing around all of Tomlinson, Jack Martin and Zac Jones. Unfortunately they may appear a more attractive destination at seasons end if we won't turn things around soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    St Kilda are apparently sniffing around all of Tomlinson, Jack Martin and Zac Jones. Unfortunately they may appear a more attractive destination at seasons end if we won't turn things around soon.
    I just read this article (there is also a radio interview via the link). Sounds like Tomlinson is likely to stay, but of course a lot can change. As Bulldogtragic mentioned, he is a restricted free agent too.

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/exclu...laying-future/

GWS Giants star Adam Tomlinson provides update on playing future
    GWS Giants star Adam Tomlinson says he isn’t going anywhere amid talk St Kilda are interested in the big man’s signature for next season and beyond.

The key defender – who has played 120 games for the Giants since debuting in 2012 is off contract at season’s end and did meet with the Saints at the end of 2017 – before choosing to remain with GWS.

He is one of several key players off contract for the club alongside Josh Kelly and Stephen Coniglio in what is an important time for the Western Sydney based club who lost the likes of Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully and Rory Lobb in the off season.

Tomlinson will be an unrestricted free agent meaning it will be harder for the Giants to keep him if he chooses to look interstate, however the 25-year-old says he’s not going anywhere just yet.

“It might have just been a slow news day to be honest,” Tomlinson said.

“But no I’m very happy to be playing footy.

“A lot of things get put in the media and read out by the people but it was a funny one, I was lying on a massage bed when that got released and a few of the boys sent a few texts.

“I was like ‘Na, it’s all good’.

“The club’s got to work through the bigger fish in Josh Kelly and Stephen Coniglio first, so that’s alright.”

Tomlinson who originates from Victoria was taken at pick nine in the 2011 Draft is averaging 19 disposals and six marks for the Giants this season.

GWS will take on the Swans in the ‘Battle of the Bridge in a blockbuster event on Saturday evening at the SCG.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be happy to look at Fogarty; he had 9 kicked on him by Liam McBean a few weeks ago and Adelaide seem determined to stick with their old front running forward line so they might be willing to give up on him too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'd be happy to look at Fogarty; he had 9 kicked on him by Liam McBean a few weeks ago and Adelaide seem determined to stick with their old front running forward line so they might be willing to give up on him too.
    They might be willing to give up on him, but I say don't even make it their decision. I would go hard for him and hopefully he sees more opportunity and a better contract (and a team that wants him badly) and tells them that he wants out.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a young guns series of games coming up for the kids that weren't taken in the 2018 draft. First game at Sandy May 5th. I'll get some close feedback from the Vic Metro kids so I'll post what I find out. Should be some Sydney Stack types.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Would you consider McBean
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you consider McBean
    I would not.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always liked Ben Ainsworth from the Suns. Victorian country kid, hard at it and decent skills. High pick so going to be hard to pry away but I would like to be proactive with him. As far as I know he is signed until end of 2020.

Post Thanks / Like

Nic Coffield was a high pick to St.Kilda two years ago, and I believe we were interested. Hasn't come close to being picked this year, I have no idea if that decision is justified or no. Was a Bulldogs supporter growing up as well.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’d look to proactively poach Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Lewis Young.

Am I doing it right?
    Exactly. There's an opposition supporter on a forum right now talking about Lippa in the 2nds.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Nic Coffield was a high pick to St.Kilda two years ago, and I believe we were interested. Hasn't come close to being picked this year, I have no idea if that decision is justified or no. Was a Bulldogs supporter growing up as well.
    Rumour has it Coffield cried when he found out the Saints were taking him a pick before our first selection. I don’t know if that is bs but it’s a nice story.

I recall a lot of posters were keen on Coffield. Played ten games last year but can’t get a look this year and they are apparently giving him midfield minutes in the 2’s to try to add a string to his bow. I definitely think we should be in his ear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Rumour has it Coffield cried when he found out the Saints were taking him a pick before our first selection. I don’t know if that is bs but it’s a nice story.

I recall a lot of posters were keen on Coffield. Played ten games last year but can’t get a look this year and they are apparently giving him midfield minutes in the 2’s to try to add a string to his bow. I definitely think we should be in his ear.
    I would cry too if I went .

No one on their list has really kicked on . I could go on dissect their list , but to sumiz its an ordinary list

Please chase him hard if his the right skills to fit our list.
    When did they win their last granny ?

Post Thanks / Like

Joel Amartey might be worth a look at. He's a rookie at the Swans, tall and versatile and on top of that he must be a good bloke given he's a Doggies supporter
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Joel Amartey might be worth a look at. He's a rookie at the Swans, tall and versatile and on top of that he must be a good bloke given he's a Doggies supporter
    Gee, there really is quite a lot of quality young Dogs supporters on other lists at the moment. Coffield, Amartey, Xavier O'Hallaran, Ned McHenry, to name a few.

I say get in all of their ears.

Ned McHenry and O'Hallaran were both on our radar. McHenry would be especailly handy (small forward with a massive tank) and he is both injured and probably behind 6 small forwards on the Crows list (Betts, Galluci, Lachlan Murphy, Poholke, Tyson Stengle, and Shane McAdam).

He might be another Crows player that has to wait longer than two seasons to debut and he would be another player I would be in constant dialogue with.