Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Brayden Sier at Collingwood. Potential to be a Josh Kennedy like midfielder. Pies have an abundance of inside mids.
    And we don't? We might as well buy another half back flanker while we are at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    And we don't? We might as well buy another half back flanker while we are at it.
    Sier is quality but we really do have to trade for need.

I just wonder how attractive we are as a destination right now though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The cutoff for the mid-season draft nominations is today. An article below listing some of the players who have nominated.

On a tangent, has anyone worked out why we decided to Rookie Khamis instead of getting as a Category B Rookie and getting a free hit in the supplementary picks period?

On the surface it feels badly managed and it is a shame we didn’t take a stab at any of those on this list (or the others like Stack who did get taken by other clubs). For a club that has had ridiculous success with Rookie picks it just doesn’t make sense.

219 footballers have nominated for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft ahead of Friday's deadline http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-03/brothers-of-afl-stars-explayers-nominate-for-midseason-draft

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    The cutoff for the mid-season draft nominations is today. An article below listing some of the players who have nominated.

On a tangent, has anyone worked out why we decided to Rookie Khamis instead of getting as a Category B Rookie and getting a free hit in the supplementary picks period?

On the surface it feels badly managed and it is a shame we didn’t take a stab at any of those on this list (or the others like Stack who did get taken by other clubs). For a club that has had ridiculous success with Rookie picks it just doesn’t make sense.

219 footballers have nominated for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft ahead of Friday's deadline http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-03/brothers-of-afl-stars-explayers-nominate-for-midseason-draft
    No idea. I've asked that question more than once. Given Buku was unlikely to play seniors this year it makes no sense to me.

PS I've already posted that article in the mid season draft thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No idea. I've asked that question more than once. Given Buku was unlikely to play seniors this year it makes no sense to me.
    Likewise. I did like last years off season from Power with the exception of this one move. I fail to see how it benefits us having him as category a rookie. The only upside is that we don't have to promote him to play him, but considering how raw he is and the high likelihood we will have a long term injury anyway i fail to see how this is worth sacrificing a list spot for.

List spots are worth their weight in gold and I am disappointing we threw one away so cheaply.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Keays with another 4 goals in the NEAFL - can't seem to get near the Brisbane 22 and we were keen on him in his draft year, which I imagine holds all the more true now that hes ~versatile~. We could seriously use the type of player he's been at seconds level too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the Boyd announcement, would we potentially be into Patton? Risky, but he might come relatively cheap.

There was suggestions that the Hawks were sniffing around him, talk of another GWS salary dump, and I could be wrong but weren't we heavily into him until he did his first ACL (and then we moved to Boyd)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    With the Boyd announcement, would we potentially be into Patton? Risky, but he might come relatively cheap.

There was suggestions that the Hawks were sniffing around him, talk of another GWS salary dump, and I could be wrong but weren't we heavily into him until he did his first ACL (and then we moved to Boyd)?
    We have up to $1.5m free according to my crude calculations and we should not use it on a salary dump. Unless the sweetener is King Tobes not a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

No to Patton, no to 2MP.

Unless they are dominating at their current club, I don't want to spend the war chest.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I want De Goey. He's out of contract next year and reading between the lines he's willing to play for cash if the team offering it isn't North Melbourne. He's cool and sick and everything we don't have.

I consider him an exception to the "no trading top picks" doctrine and would give up two of them for him.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I want De Goey. He's out of contract next year and reading between the lines he's willing to play for cash if the team offering it isn't North Melbourne. He's cool and sick and everything we don't have.

I consider him an exception to the "no trading top picks" doctrine and would give up two of them for him.
    Good suggestion, the guy is a freak
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

De Goey, Moore, Elliott with contracts about to expire next year. All fit a need for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If there was nothing better available would we consider Josh Jenkins at the right (low) price? Currently in the SANFL so a third rounder should do.

Not a great player but could help Naughton out for a couple of years and provide relief rucking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If there was nothing better available would we consider Josh Jenkins at the right (low) price? Currently in the SANFL so a third rounder should do.

Not a great player but could help Naughton out for a couple of years and provide relief rucking.
    Jenkins is on a roughly $750,000 contract with Adelaide.