Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 31 of 141 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Did anyone see anything about ‘Hawthorn to offer Tom Boyd like deal to Smith’ anywhere?

Source : my Dad, who can’t remember where he saw it (he IS on bigfooty)
    Hawthorn are reportedly leading the way on Congilio & Patton. That's maybe $1.5M-$1.8M. To offer a Tom Boyd offer on Smith, that'd have to spend $2.5M-$2.8M this year. That's on top of the huge money on Wingard, O'Meara & Mitchell, and high dollars on Scully, Gunston etc., and good money on Bruest, McEvoy, Stratton, Sicily, Smith, Impey etc.

Then they'd have to offer up a player equal to Gryphone packaged with a top 10 pick.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What are they worth? Kelly, Coniglio, Martin and all the top trade targets

FIVE weeks out from the end of the home and away season, clubs are positioning themselves for raids on rival lists.

But just how much is on the table for this year's trade targets?

ALEX KEATH (ADELAIDE)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second-round pick
    Value on open market: $450,000-550,000 per season

Has looked at home in defence after taking Tom Doedee's role and was a Showdown Medal winner in his 20th AFL game. Clubs would be open to forking out a hefty wage, but at 28 by round one next year, the trade value won't be significant.

BAILEY WILLIAMS (WESTERN BULLDOGS)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second-round pick
    Value on open market: $350,000-450,000 per season

Played as more of an inside midfielder this season, the South Australian's best output in his career has been as a half-back. Will have plenty of interested parties as a 21-year-old.
    Both out of contract. One a Victorian lad in SA. One a SA lad in Victoria. Cleary is suggesting a straight swap is of equal value to both clubs (draft pick value the same). But maybe 10 seasons in Williams, but maybe only 4 seasons in Keith. Any takers on a straight swap?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Both out of contract. One a Victorian lad in SA. One a SA lad in Victoria. Cleary is suggesting a straight swap is of equal value to both clubs (draft pick value the same). But maybe 10 seasons in Williams, but maybe only 4 seasons in Keith. Any takers on a straight swap?
    The fact that Keith is a KPP means the Crows would want something pretty good for him. At a guess we would need to sweeten a 2nd round pick with something else
    I don't think a straight swap meets between Williams and Keith what the Crows could command
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The fact that Keith is a KPP means the Crows would want something pretty good for him. At a guess we would need to sweeten a 2nd round pick with something else
    I don't think a straight swap meets between Williams and Keith what the Crows could command
    Moreso focused on what Cleary values them at in his analysis, which is the same. Cleary goes out his way to say Keith won't command a heck of a lot in a trade, a mid-to-late second rounder, owing to his age. If a straight swap was a possibility, and the option we have is 10 years of Williams or 4 years of Keith. What's the best option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I said in another thread that I'd do it, but as has been rightly pointed out the Crows will want more. Williams and our second would probably be the price but that's a lot for a 27-28 year old with one good season ever behind him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard about our interest in Jamie Elliott?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Anyone heard about our interest in Jamie Elliott?
    I saw that on FB. I hope it's bullshit due to him being a proper dickhead of the highest order IMO. Plus he is injury prone and is rumoured to be a bit of a party boy.

So that's a no from me.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

8. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We gave away Joel Hamling at the age of 23 straight off the back of playing in a premiership team. Let's do what they say in the insurance ad and compare and contrast the two.

We got pick 35 and pick 61 but gave up a 23 yo Hamling (ie that means he has 5 years on Keath who has never played in a premiership), pick 40 and 63. Why didn't we ask for something decent for Hamling? Why did we just roll over and offer our bellly to be tickled?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_A...ayer_movements
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

There was the go home consideration with Hamling to be with an I'll parent plus we were drunk with success. I don't expect the Crows to make it easy for any club. An early 2nd rounder seems in line with that
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

There was the go home consideration with Hamling to be with an I'll parent plus we were drunk with success. I don't expect the Crows to make it easy for any club. An early 2nd rounder seems in line with that
    I still think that we could have found a way around the sick parent conundrum (I can think of about 17 other AFL clubs that excuse wouldn't have flown with) if we had of tried hard enough and the fact he was a key defender in the current premiership team just meant that we should have dug our heels in even more than we did (which was not at all from what I could see, what we did was roll over and get our tummy tickeld) and demanded far more than a couple of draft pick upgrades.

If Joel Hamling was on the trade table we would be expecting to give up far more than a third round pick upgrade and we would have at the end of 2016 too. If you wanted to merge two companies on the stock exchange similar to that trade the ACCC would prevent it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

ACCC preventing something.
    Thanks for the laugh twodogs
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After today’s game against Freo we should be looking to raid some of their better players :
    1. Brad Hill
    2 Ed Langdon

They don’t seem to be interested in a fast flowing game style and weren’t prepared to work hard. Lyon coaching style is being superseded with a new game style tempo, it won’t get them into the 8 or will it go deep in the finals
    Last edited by macca; 28-07-2019 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Multiple typo's

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a bit left field, Adelaide are shot to bits and their list is stuffed; so how about Tex?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Here’s a bit left field, Adelaide are shot to bits and their list is stuffed; so how about Tex?
    Get out.

18. Likes Rocket Science, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Get out.